September 8th, anyone?

booksandcoffee

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in I will be starting my first 30 Day Challenge tomorrow. My goal is to just do it! I have done my shopping and because I am off work on Mondays my plan is to do a lot of food prep to carry me thru to Saturday.

My only cocern right now is the timing of my meals. My normal routine wake up at 4:00 AM  coffee only til around 9:30  maybe a snack in the afternoon. (I work 6:30 to 3:00) come home drink wine and most times have dinner around 7:30--------not good!

How does this sound ?    Drink water in the morning bring breakfast to work and have it around 6 before I start my shift then coffee if I choose. Take a lunch break around !!:00 and plan on my dinner between 5:00 and 6:00. 

I know I can do this :)

Hi all!

I was away for 2 days and just finished reading all the posts... I'm excited there are so many of us! The first time round I didn't really use the forums and think it would have been a huge help. 

I wasn't as successful as I thought with meal planning but I think I have the first couple days covered at least. I think I'll take it week by week... those of you who've done this before, what's your meal planning strategy?

Thymeisnow, sounds like a good plan! I agree though that you might get hungrier before work, but you could always try it for the first few days and see how it goes. You absolutely can do this. 

JClayton79, I think I need to add exercise to my goals! The first time I kept telling myself I should focus on food and cooking and prioritize that... and ended up almost not exercising at all. So added to my goal: - exercise at least 3 times a week 

Ready for a roll call tomorrow!! Good luck everyone 

Also super excited that my husband is joining this time, and I might even convince him to join the forum  :rolleyes:

In response to Rkzywda I get up at 4 am and leave my house  for a  hour comute to work . I like to beat the traffic so I arrive about a half an hour before my start time and have time yo sit down and enjoy my first meal of the day . This would give me a three meal per day ay 6--11--5 . I will not know until I try. Maybe if I have an earlier dinner I will be hungry in the morning but spreading my 3 meals per day into a 4 to 8 time frame I am not sure . Let us see how it goes.

Will this be the spot to post tomorrow or are we moving to another forum.  

I need the support

Breakfast this morning...

Few chunks of left over steak, 1 fried egg, just over a cup of garlicky mushrooms, 5 spears of grilled asparagus, 2 grilled tomatoes and a few sautéed potatoes (couldn't have potatoes last time and they are sort of forbidden still in my mind so it felt decadent!)

Here's to good starts all round x

Thymeisnow - I think we can stick around here!

So far feeling tired and sluggish (had hot chocolate last night...) but still excited. Pulled pork and spinach for breakfast, and gotta start my official food log today!

Britishgal: Sautéed potatoes.. Yum. I'll put that on my plan for this week. I know what you mean, they're so delicious it doesn't feel right.

Hi all! Starting round 2 today. Wrapped up my first Whole30 on 8/19, did the reintros and then ran full throttle down that slippery slope. Gotta get things under control. Probably going to do this longer than 30 this go around. I know this will be challenging, but, if the last couple of weeks tell me anything it is that I need more time to slay a few dragons and feel comfortable riding my own bike.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Booksandcoffee...my 6 year old has been begging for roast potatoes for weeks but even before whole30 I didn't eat them regularly (lost a lot of weight and kept it off for a long time on my own veg heavy, low carb diet more than 10 years ago).

I am thinking he may be lucky tonight!

ltaylor9597...I may join you if all goes well! I really cocked up reintro last time and although I've been relatively good I've had some really bad eat everything I see moments I so I don't trust myself at all! I'm autistic (aspergers) and have a history of eating issues so I really need strict rules...never really been able to do things in moderation ;)

This is my first Whole30, too!  I started this morning with a Persian omelette of herbs and eggs (kuku sabzi.)  I spent all weekend overhauling the fridge, freezer and pantry, grocery shopping and pre-cooking my breakfasts and some lunches for this week.  I've got a list of meals I'm cooking for the month (bought Nom Nom Paleo and would probably eat everything in the book even if I WASN'T trying to be "good!")  My husband is not doing it with me, but he'll be eating the dinners I make for us every night.

My parents (who live 8 hours away) are doing this with me after my babbling about it all last weekend while I was visiting.  My dad has suffered from Fibromyalgia and is willing to try anything to make it better!  Here's hoping. :)  

I just need something that help me change my relationship with food since I've been a serial dieter since I was about 13 years old.  Nothing has ever worked for me long term and two months ago I got a personal trainer and have been at the gym 4-6 days a week and have seen NO change in my body measurements or my weight (less important, but still discouraging) in the last 8 weeks so I'm hoping this will be the boost I need.

Excited that so many people are starting today as well!!

Excited to start with everyone!  I actually had dreams last night I didn't have enough protein, hah.

I started this morning with a 3 egg, spinach and bell pepper scramble with tomato and avocado on the side.  I did the egg in the palm trick and three was my lucky number.  One of my goals was to sit down and seat at my table (instead of at the coffee table in front of the TV.)  That felt very weird for me.  I actually feel pretty full right now.  I am packing chicken, cabbage and carrots for lunch.  I will probably bring an apple and almonds if I feel I need a snack.

Good luck everyone!

Ugh so tired today... could be just because its monday though... OR it could be the fact i ate a bunch of crap this weekend lol

I am about to have lunch.... leftovers from dinner... crockpot roast chicken, roast potatoes, brussel sprouts and gravy.

The crockpot chicken and gravy is one of my favorites from nom nom paleo blog. I really dont like chicken any other way now :D

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4807547385/slow-cooker-roast-chicken-and-gravy

Good luck to everyone! How is your first day going?

I was going to start on September 8th, but after reading more and more on this as well as checking out Pinterest for recipe ideas (and there is a ton out there) - I decided to start on September 7th. 

So 1/2 way through my second day, but it will be great to have others that are basically in the same starting place and it sounds like we have a lot of people who have done this before for additional help! 

OK - I do have one question about the Larabars - I picked some up ( and they sound delish) to have in my purse when I am out and about - so I don't get caught in a place where I am hungry and far from home. 

I know that I should not have this frequently (limit to max 1-2 a week), but is even that bad?

Good afternoon, all.  I would love to join you, if I may?

I started my first Whole30 this morning.  I am trying to treat this as an anti-diet, as I am a flunkee of everything from Weight Watchers to the South Beach Diet.  ;)

My sole goal is to stay within the plan and focus not on weight but to think of this as medicine for my autoimmune disorder. 

Welcome PuffinsMuffins! Love the name

laxmom63: I think the approach to larabars varies for each person. I used them a lot during my first whole30.. Like 3-4 a week, which is more than just emergencies. I think if you have some for true emergencies and don't schedule them in your meal plan, they're fine. My 2 cents :)

Hello fellow newbies and fresh starters! This is my first Whole30 and I am really excited to finally start. I've been contemplating it for about a month now so (hopefully) I am mentally prepared. I also spent most of yesterday doing a huge cook up so I've got no excuses.

So far my coffee with homemade almond milk and no sugar is drinkable and I think I'll get used to it, which is good because mornings without coffee would not be pleasant!

Hi all!  Just started my second Whole30 today!  My first one was last year in April and I loved it!  A lot of the good habits stuck with me...at least until the beginning of this summer when I started traveling more than usual.  Needless to say, I have lots to work on to get back to my happy place!  So excited to see so many new faces!

• Administrators

Morning! I'm on Day One also and super happy to see that I'm not the only one that waited for the crush of "September 1st" to be over.

I've spent years encouraging my friends and my sister to do Whole30's and never have done one myself, always felt like things were "okay".  Until....they weren't okay anymore.  I did a trial run of 6 days in August and LOVED how awesome I was starting to feel, loved seeing the bloat reduce and my sleep regulate.  Then I went on holidays. 

Holidays ended yesterday and today is "go-time".  I'm feeling solid and ready to knock this out!

Thanks for the advice on the Larabars.  I don't see that fitting them into my daily plan would be a good thing.  I know that one of my personal challenges with diets is that I work the diet and not embracing the true intention of the diet.  So I read a lot of the Whole 30 plan (still need to go back over all the technical stuff that is supposed to make me really want to do this). 

I have friends that have embraced the Paleo lifestyle.  I have one friend that is focused on minimal sugar in her diet.  Over the past few years she has overcome cancer 2 times and broke away from a toxic relationship with a divorce.  I see that her change in diet has resulted in her looking more healthy than I have ever seen her in the last 10 years.  So I started reading more and more on what she was doing. 

I almost went on a 21 day sugar detox diet, but that didn't really strike me as being the right move for me.  Then I came across this Whole 30 and after reading about it, I felt that I could actually see myself doing this and embracing this lifestyle. 

I know that this is a journey and not a diet.  That through this I will find the correct combination of foods to fuel my body and bring it to a healthy state.  In addition, I want to break my bad habits and addictions to pre-packaged / processed foods. 

Have been keeping it simple for the first couple of days.  In addition, I am recording not only what I am eating, but when I am eating, how hungry I was before and how full I was after.  This way I hope to find the right amounts and types of foods that will keep me from snacking or looking for the off-limits foods. 

Just got my Well Fed 2 cookbook that I have heard good things about.  Also trolling Pinterest for new recipes and ideas. 

Yes!!! I started today too! How great to have a support group! 

This is my first Whole 30 but I've been contemplating it for several months. 

I'd love to lose weight, but my biggest reason for joining is to get myself under control psychologically and physically. I want to feel amazing. 

I'm feeling great so far. Hopefully I'm as ready as the rest of you. So happy to finally be committed.  Let's DO THIS!

Thanks Books and Coffee for setting this up. :)

Started with a BANG today!

Ate my breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with roughly 1.5 cups of zucchini mixed with summer squash, coffee with 1/4 cup of full fat coconut milk.

I've been pushing the water today as well... 80 ounces in so far.

Just eating lunch now: oven chicken fajitas with onions and red peppers and 1 serving of kiwi for my sweet treat. I have cashews if I still feel like I need something more but I think I might be able to pass on them today.

Great job on day to everyone who has posted thus far! I can't wait to check back in later on tonight! Took the stairs up four flights today! Yay me! Plan to take a walk with my 11 year old tonight after homework is done. Feels good to make healthy choices. :) We're all rockstars!

Jill

Archived