Starting October 1st

AshChristensen

It's funny, I had Nov 1 in my mind as the end of my 30 days, and then once I logged on tonight and read some of these posts, I realized, ITS OVER!   I love that I didn't know that!  @NazzaB, I definitely think you could benefit from doing another 15 days or more, but I also think it can work to do the reintroduction and see how your body reacts, and then commit to a longer Whole Something if need be.  Although I don't think I have any real sensitivities, doing the reintro helped me realize that dairy, sugar and some alcohol affects me in negative ways. 

I'll probably weigh in tomorrow just to see but I know I've lost a pants size, just based on how things are fitting.  Since I started this process, 18 months ago, I've slowly lost about 25 lbs. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've lost 16lbs during the whole30. The first part was the hardest, I had low energy, but i was on a lot of pain meds for my shoulder, so I'm not sure what was the main cause for the lack of energy.

I feel very good right now, proud of what I've done, I don't get a lot of sleep with Rivka (our daughter of three months) around, previously I would get sick pretty easily with the lack of sleep, but I'm still feeling fine, and have enough energy for the day. I really like the idea of just 3 meals a day, no snacking, that makes the choice for all sorts of unhealthy food a lot more easy. I've eaten some dairy for breakfast today and I will look how that affects me. I'll keep eating Paleo for now.

Yes, we did it! We all can be proud. Proud for starting it, proud for getting as far as you could this time.

I lost 3,2kg. But that was not my main point of doing the #Whole30. The regular 3 meals, no snacking in between, was my key point.

And it worked. I'm going to keep eating like this. Especially on workdays. Getting up early, don't have to think what to take with me for breakfast and lunch. The planning and preparing everything in advance made everything so much easier.

The first thing I'm going to introduce is dairy. But than sparingly, and only cheese. See how that goes. We were eating Primal already, so sugar, grains and legumes were already a no-go.

Well done to all 3 of you!! Great results. You should be proud.

I agree Kaate64, I like the idea of eating 3 meals and minimal snacking. Snacking is definitely my downfall. 

I decided yesterday to eat some chickpeas (I thought legumes was first in reintroduction but I think it's last? Oh well!). I don't even eat them very often but I thought I'd see what happened because I suspect they cause me a lot of stomach cramping. No cramp. Verrrry thirsty for the rest of the day though but that could have been the amount of salt in the food I ate (I ordered Dahl from a restaurant).

I also went out for dinner and ordered a steak and salad with olives as a starter but I could taste butter in the sauce they gave me... and I had 2 gin and tonics. I'm not doing very well at this reintro thing! haha

I didn't really feel any different eating or drinking these things. Getting out of bed this morning was that tad harder but that's about it.

Congrats everyone! This has been an interesting journey, hasn't it? I had planned to continue to 45 days for a while, but some upcoming events make me want to do the re-intro now so I am prepared to make decent choices at those events! My results of my Whole30:

1. I wanted to glorify and honor God with what I put into my body and eating right - and that was achieved! I know the only reason I was able to do this without cheating was because God was in control of it!

2. I wanted to lose weight - 12 pounds down!! I would have been happy with 5-10, and I definitely have more to lose, but this is an awesome start! I have not remeasured yet.

3. I have a few physical ailments I was hoping to alleviate, and most are gone except a stubborn tendinitis in my left hand.

I managed to continue eating Whole30 yesterday as I had a Halloween event that I figured it would be easier to eat ahead of time and just say no to the food there. It was a hard thing to do as there was a LOT of great food there, but I also kept telling myself, "this won't be the last time you're surrounded by great food" and stayed away from the food area talking to people and playing with my kids.

My plan from here on out is to do the re-intro and then go right back on Whole30 eating 90% and letting myself enjoy non compliant stuff sometimes (and hopefully far less often than before my Whole30). I hope to post another time that my tendinitis is gone and I have lost another few pounds even through the holiday season! Good luck to all of you! Let's come back often to post updates and see how our friends who have continued on are doing!

Hi Everyone!  Yay us!  This was my first attempt at Whole30 and I feel like it saved my life.  I was in the worst shape ever when my husband convinced me to do this with him.  During Whole30 I had no stomach pains, no indigestion, I slept better, my skin seems better, I feel more in control, and I lost about 18 pounds.  My clothes are not tight, and I feel the weight loss mostly in the area of my abdomen.  I also enjoyed saving a TON of money not eating out as much and not eating fast food AT ALL.   I had my blood drawn on Halloween (Day 31) and am anxious to see what my body chemistry has to say.  Previously I've had high liver enzymes, high glucose, and somewhat high cholesterol.  I've also had high blood pressure, but recently it's been hovering around 116/77.  Overall, a very positive experience.  I think everyone should do it once.  It really was 30 days that "changed my life".

• 1 year later...

hi,

i am starting my very first whole30 October 1st too! 

i really hopes it breaks my weight loss plateau 

also just completed a 26days personal bread free challenge tp prove to myself i am in control of food not the other way round

really looking for to whole30 

i think being cautious of portions will help with overindulging on healthy foods in this regard my vice will be avocado (pledge to keep it to 1/2 every other day) 

Archived