Kirkland Fish Oil 1200 mg Enteric Coated

Dewdrop75

I'm trying to figure out if the fish oil I bought is compliant or if I need to return it and try something else. I cannot afford the one that is recommended.

I bought the Kirkland Fish Oil 1200 mg Enteric Coated, the ingredients: Fish Oil Concentrate, Gelatin, Glycerin, Food Glaze. Contains <2% of: Mixed Natural Tocopherols, Monoglycerides, Polysorbate 80, Enteric Coating (Sodium Alginate).

Below it says contains fish (anchovy, mackerel, sardine) ingredients.

The EPA is 410 mg and the DHA is 274 for one pill.

Do not see anywhere that is says contains soy which I know would rule it out.

I was going to buy Pure Alaska Omega™ Wild Salmon Oil 1,000 mg which seemed to have less questionable ingredients, but the amounts of EPA and DHA is less for two pills as it is for one pill of the Kirkland one, so I am hoping the Kirkland one is okay.

• Administrators

With all due respect, I just went and read the Whole30 rules again and unless I missed it, there was nothing there about glycerin. I also googled and found this forum post that says glycerin when used in a supplement, is fine.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/17964-glycerin/?p=189633

• 2 months later...

I too just bought some coconut oil supplements from sam's club and the other ingredients says medium chain fatty acids, gelatin, purified water, glycerin, and titanium dioxide. I'm guessing that I should avoid these while on my whole30? I'm on day 1 today and took two capsules this morning before I made my first whole30 breakfast, then read the labels, I hope I didn't mess anything up. 

Archived