#sunbutterproblems

I want sunbutter.

My last few trips to Whole Foods in pursuit of Sunbutter have been a big downer. Both the Sunbutter and Once Again brands contain sugar as well as weird other ingredients I don't think I want to be eating. (Also, they aren't Whole30 compliant.)

What brands of sunbutter are folks buying that are W30 compliant? At this point I think I may cave and just order it off the internet to ensure I get stuff that isn't going to throw me off track.

(Confession: I am going to great lengths to make myself Sunbutter & Jelly Burgers. Please, please help me make this happen!)

My WF has Organic Sunbutter that is compliant. I also make it in my Vitamix with roasted sunflower seeds from TJs. The WF roasted seeds had a non Whole30 oil as an ingredient. Crazy huh?

If you don't have a Vitamix maybe borrow one and make a ton if sunbutter to freeze for $3 per lb.

The only SunButter brand sunflower seed butter that's Whole30 compliant is their "organic" variety. It contains only organic sunflower seeds, nothing else. Good luck! Surprisingly, the King Soopers here sells it... You might have better luck just ordering online & you might be able to find a good deal.

• 1 month later...

Archived