Good ole mashed potatoes y'all

artemiscuous

White potatoes are now allowed! Last one I did, they were not. I'm celebrating by making mashed potatoes tonight along with my balsamic pot roast, on Day 10! What is your best Whole 30 mashed potato recipe? I'm thinking a couple tablespoons of ghee, a nice big splash of coconut milk, and some generous sprinklings of S&P! (and a double serving of broccoli on the side.) What do you guys recommend?

• Moderators

I am glad for the potato allowance as an endurance athlete, and love roasted fingerlings. But NomNomPaleo's autumn veggie mash (cauliflower, carrots cooked and pureed with coconut milk, garlic, ghee) is so good (and so much faster to make!) I'm not sure I'll ever go back to gluey, time consuming-mashed potatoes.

Runnergirl, I saw a recipe close to what you describe on NomNom and stashed it in my thanksgiving pile I'm building next to her umami gravy.

However, as I look at the recipe I stashed, it's different.  No coconut milk, uses parsnips too.

Do you have a link other than this one?  http://nomnompaleo.com/post/67492566195/roasted-garlic-autumn-root-vegetable-mash.  I tried the site search and didn't find anything else.  If you've customized that recipe, could you share?

• 2 years later...

Archived