Finding Coconut Aminos in Canada?

megankp

Does anyone know where to find Coconut Aminos in Canada? Specifically Alberta? 

I can't find it in a normal grocery store, I've been looking in the international foods isle. I am going to try Planet Organic, and Mrs. Greens, but if they don't have it, i'm at a loss of where else to look! i've also checked Amazon.ca but they only ship in packs of 3+ so that won't work for me. 

Any ideas or suggestions?

• Moderators

I bought coconut aminos in a one gallon container through amazon.com because it was much, much cheaper in volume. I bought a dispenser bottle and refill it from the gallon bottle. I am about half way through my first gallon and will buy another when this one gets closer to the bottom. 

• Administrators

Be careful using iHerb to ship into Canada (I'm in lower mainland in BC).  I've ordered from them a couple times and the courier company that they use has all sorts of bogus "duty" charges over and above the shipping charges and conversion rate that you paid to iHerb....and if you refuse to pay it, they "claim" your product...so you've paid iHerb for it but you don't actually have it so you can't send it back for a refund.  It's highway robbery as far as I'm concerned and I refuse to order from iHerb for that reason...even though they have the BEST prices and availability.  Disappointing.

Ladyshanny,

Ouch that's disgraceful. Canada is very restrictive when it comes to food items or supplements. For that same reason Green Pastures Fish Oil was nowhere to be found for the longest time ever. I had good experience with herb, but I will be cautious next time. Thanks for heads up. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I came across this because I'm in Nova Scotia and have been on the hunt for some coconut aminos. I love Asian foods and there is a whole30 compliant pad thai that I've been dying to make, but it requires coconut aminos. That's helpful to know that they might go by a different name here. I'll have to see what I can find. We have a store out here called "Pete's Frootique" that might have it. Fingers crossed

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in SW Ontario and I have found it at several "health food" stores. The kind of places where they sell tons of vitamins, and unfortunately they also usually have big posters of Dr Oz stuff. But they do have the coconut aminoes,  MCT oil if you do BPC, and kombucha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in SW Ontario and I have found it at several "health food" stores. The kind of places where they sell tons of vitamins, and unfortunately they also usually have big posters of Dr Oz stuff. But they do have the coconut aminoes,  MCT oil if you do BPC, and kombucha.

I get mine at Homeopathy in Covent Market...gee, I hope they don't have Dr. Oz posters in there! Where do you shop here in London?

KayKay, I've been to Lyn-dys on Oxford St E, S&H in the Northwood Mall, and the Nutrition House at Masonville. I've been to a few in other towns in Ontario (Barrie and Ottawa mostly) but places like Nutrition House seem to be in every big mall with big displays of Raspberry Ketones or Green Coffee Beans near the front (as seen on Dr Oz). 

I've been to Homeopathy at Covent Garden, I love that store actually but getting there is another story. Parking downtown is often a challenge, esp on Saturdays. They do have a great selection of Kombucha though. Hmmm, think I need to make another trip soon!

KayKay, I've been to Lyn-dys on Oxford St E, S&H in the Northwood Mall, and the Nutrition House at Masonville. I've been to a few in other towns in Ontario (Barrie and Ottawa mostly) but places like Nutrition House seem to be in every big mall with big displays of Raspberry Ketones or Green Coffee Beans near the front (as seen on Dr Oz). 

I've been to Homeopathy at Covent Garden, I love that store actually but getting there is another story. Parking downtown is often a challenge, esp on Saturdays. They do have a great selection of Kombucha though. Hmmm, think I need to make another trip soon!

Not to get off topic, but have you been to Farm Boy yet? Their salad bar is my Friday lunch out spot (so I can feel like I'm eating out) and they sell quite a few compliant, store-made goodies. I love their lemon garlic dressing, and I just discovered they sell two compliant soups by the jar--a potato leek and a carrot orange soup, which we had today. Love that place!

I'm in the North end so I checked out the new store on a Saturday (big mistake, waaaay too many people) but I still managed to find compliant sausages and other goodies (not necessariy Whole 30 approved). I need to go back without the hubby next time and just browse and look at everything. I haven't really looked at the salad bar yet, I just figured all that good stuff would be off limits.

I stick to plain greens and raw veggies, boiled eggs, grilled chicken, berries, slivered almonds, and sometimes they have a compliant soup warming. And they sometimes have orange-roasted sweet potatoes. Just don't glance over at the bakery! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The "secret" to shopping at iherb is to make sure your package can be shipped as International Mail - NOT courier.  I have never paid any import fees in 5 years.  If your order is under 4 pounds it can ship International Mail.  It takes about 2 weeks, but only costs $4 - $6.  I do get my coconut aminos, oil, shampoo and a few supplements from iherb.  You get good at making combinations that are "just" under the 4 lb weight limit!

Archived