How long does raw cauliflower rice keep in the fridge?

Sarah88

Hi there, 

The clue is in the title: How long can you keep cauliflower rice, (that has not been cooked yet) in the fridge? After how many days do you throw it out?

I like to do two heads a time during my cook-ups, so that I can grab some rice to go with a simple stir-fry on days that I am in a hurry. But now, I'v forgotten about my rice (stored in a plastic container) and though it looks allright, and tastes allright raw, I feel as though it tastes a little funny when cooked - which I can handle - as long as I know I am not eating spoiled stuff and making myself sick ;) I grated the cauliflower friday - so today would be the fourth day it is sitting in the fridge..What do you think, throw it out, or just cook out all the possible bacteria and still eat it? 

Thank you!

How about one head at a time?  Whole cauliflower could last up to 7-10 days without any brown or black spots...but when you prep 2 heads at a time, it will spoil faster.   Cook all of it  if you want to.   I like to prep vege the same day I eat them.   If you're the only household member...that may be difficult.  Try one head at a time.  ;) 

• Moderators

If it were me, I'd probably go ahead and cook and eat it. I did find this article that says cauliflower cut into florets is okay for a week in the fridge: http://localfoods.about.com/od/cauliflower/tp/cauliflower.htm

I'm guessing riced might not last quite as long, but if it smells and tastes okay, you're probably fine.

Archived