Sugar Free Gum

lisaanne06

I gave up gum the instant I read an article about how bad it is for your health....just try finding a gum out there that doesn't have some sort of artificial sweetner and a crap load of chemicals! The article explains how when chewing gum, those toxic substances go directly in to your system!! YIKES! I was a die hard (almost one pack a day) chewer and I quit cold turkey. I don't care how hungry I get or how bad my breath gets (lol) I will never chew any type of gum again...I know, never say never...but, um...never! :)

Here's the link:

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/component/content/article/383-why-a-stick-of-gum-is-more-harmful-to-your-health-than-anything-that-you-eat.html

Here's the part in the article that made me stop dead in my tracks:

"When you consider that all of these ingredients are absorbed directly into the bloodstream unaltered through the mouth tissues and saliva, it is at least slightly disturbing to most rational people. It should be. We will be analyzing some of these ingredients in-depth, because we intend to debunk the myth that chewing gum is harmless and even good for you (ie. "it strengthens the teeth")."

Hey there

I watched a tv programme in the UK called Jimmy's Farm where he tried to recreate chewing gum. Haven't touched the stuff since! Totally gross...

There's a link here for the section on youtube

but not sure if everyone will be able to see it...

I gave up gum the instant I read an article about how bad it is for your health....just try finding a gum out there that doesn't have some sort of artificial sweetner and a crap load of chemicals! The article explains how when chewing gum, those toxic substances go directly in to your system!! YIKES! I was a die hard (almost one pack a day) chewer and I quit cold turkey. I don't care how hungry I get or how bad my breath gets (lol) I will never chew any type of gum again...I know, never say never...but, um...never! :)

Also, as a suggestion, if you grow mint in your garden, try grabbing a few of the freshest/newest leaves, crunching them in your hand, then putting into a jug and filling with water. You'll have a nice minty-flavoured drink that can cool in the fridge! Not quite a replacement for the 'chew-factor' but still minty and refreshing...

I bought some WOW breath drops on Amazon -- they don't satisfy the chewing urge, but I definitely don't feel like eating anything for awhile after I've used it. It's like the fresh cold mint feeling after you just brushed. Ingredients: Peppermint Oil, Chlorophyll.

Well. That BBC video did the trick. I don't chew gum that often, and of course not since starting Whole30, but it was mostly just out of being too lazy. I never had a pack around. I'd make a terrible chain smoker.

I can't believe I ever actually swallowed the stuff. I know I did at some point in my life, several times. YUCK.

Archived