Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have decided to do as much freezer cooking as possible this month in anticipation of January. I have a turkey spaghetti squash casserole in there, some cooked turkey, and a couple small containers of soups. Also planning on doing cooked taco meat, more soups, and NomNom Paleo's spicy tuna patties. Not sure how they will turn out. Anyone else doing the same?

I am undecided on joining the FB group. Is everyone else joining it? Those who are joining, are you still going to post here too?

This is awesome, I'm excited to see so many people starting on January 1 as well. This will be my second Whole 30, first one went very well and I need to get back on track. Probably going to try and go for 45, I really need to kick my sugar problem in the butt once and for all.

Please add me to the facebook group, Sarah Sciabica

Hi all,

I'm going to start a FB group for those who are interested! Let me know your Facebook name, I'll search and add you :)

I'm excited to start sharing recipes, tips, and ideas! This is going to be great.

Kim

Hi Kim! 

Please add me to the Facebook group. My name is Chara Franks.

Thanks!

So I have decided to do as much freezer cooking as possible this month in anticipation of January. I have a turkey spaghetti squash casserole in there, some cooked turkey, and a couple small containers of soups. Also planning on doing cooked taco meat, more soups, and NomNom Paleo's spicy tuna patties. Not sure how they will turn out. Anyone else doing the same?

I am undecided on joining the FB group. Is everyone else joining it? Those who are joining, are you still going to post here too?

Great idea about filling the freezer, I have lunches cooked, and bone broth, but that's about it.

If it makes you feel any better, I won't be joining the Facebook group. I did for the last whole30 I did, and because it was unmoderated it filled up with SWYPO recipes etc, and really put me off. I do wish they created boards on this website for particular month whole30's though, so we could have more than one topic

Great idea about filling the freezer, I have lunches cooked, and bone broth, but that's about it.

If it makes you feel any better, I won't be joining the Facebook group. I did for the last whole30 I did, and because it was unmoderated it filled up with SWYPO recipes etc, and really put me off. I do wish they created boards on this website for particular month whole30's though, so we could have more than one topic

Those are great ideas! I didn't do that my last Whole30 and I wish I had. I like Danielle Walker's recipes the best. I have both of her cookbooks and love them. Most of her stuff isn't Whole30, but I like her ketchup, mayo, chicken stock, etc type of things for Whole30 a lot. She also has a great recipe for Cauliflower Rice, which is really tasty. I think I'll spend some time in December prepping as well.

I think if we all stay involved in the FB group, and make sure we show support and stick to the actual requirements instead of SWYPO stuff (because that bothers me too), then it should be a good experience. 

I cant find the Group. There are 2 or 3 with a similar name, but I can't figure out which one is ours... Help, please...

I had trouble finding it at first too, but it is the one with only 10 members (as of right now). I clicked to see who was in the group, and recognized some people from here, which is how I knew it was the right one. 

I cant find the Group. There are 2 or 3 with a similar name, but I can't figure out which one is ours... Help, please...

I didn't realize there were other groups until yesterday! Ours is called "January 2015 Whole30" - we have 12 members right now, if that helps. Here is a screenshot of our picture, not sure what it shows you when you are searching.

post-41192-0-70394900-1418257606_thumb.p

I am on the 10th day of my first whole 30 but seeing all of your comment I am determined to finish my first and move on to January 2nd!!!!

I am feeling better already!!!

Add me on facebook add me to the group! Thanks

facebook: ncg garcia

Woohoo!!  Me too!! 

This will be my 5th Whole30 -- first one was last August that ended up being a Whole75.  Intended to do them quarterly this year but skipped October, since the 3rd quarter (July 1st) one was also AIP & I wanted a little breather (aka plantain wraps & a few paleo treats).  I've been strict AIP since though, with very little success on the few re-intro attempts I've made.  So this will be another AIP Whole30 for me.

IMHO, Whole30 is a fantastic tool for healing your relationship with food, as well as a great reset approach if you find things creeping back in.

May the force be with us all!!

P.S.:  My Publix carries Maverick Ranch Uncured Bacon, the hickory smoked version has no sugar and is thus compliant -- saves any boring meal.  =)

I like the idea of freezing meals.  I've been thinking about that a lot myself.  My plan is to schedule out my meals for the whole month and plan accordingly.  This may sound a bit over the top but with this being all new I want to be prepared and make it super easy on me.  It will also give me time to find and try new recipes as I can modify a day here and there with new recipes if I want. 

I was thinking I would make a soup or stew every Sunday for 2-3 days worth of lunches.  Dear hubby is going to do this with me so the food will go faster.  I also want to make a couple hearty salads for lunches a couple days per week, plus leftovers maybe a couple days.  I think that will take care of lunches.  Dinners I plan to keep pretty simple this go round with mainly meat and veggies, which will work very well with my daughter because she is picky and doesn't like sauces, gravies, casseroles and things like that.  I will probably make fajitas, tacos, stir fry's or something like that at least 1-2 days per week.  Then for breakfast I figured egg muffins and fruit or eggs and bacon, sausage, or ham.  We can have fruit, veggies, boiled eggs, and nuts for snacks if needed.  We are both kind of picky eaters which will make this a little more difficult, but hopefully the taste buds will change in time. 

I've been researching recipes on pinterest and have pinned a lot of things to try.  I definitely want to go into this prepared and ready to succeed! 

I'm jumping over from the November group too.  I've been doing Whole30s since September 2013.  Last January was my best Whole 30 yet.  I backtracked over this summer, unfortunately, but am really excited to have another really successful whole30 in January.

Tracy

As far as preparation, I'm not doing much different than usual. Keeping my eyes open on Pinterest and the web for great w30 recipes. I'll make sure i have something in my freezer for day 1 (jan 2) because we are traveling and getting back home late on the 1st. My shopping day will be Jan 2. The only other thing i plan to do this month is to wean myself off coffee, not making any promises though.

This will be my 2nd whole30. First one was April of last year and it changed my life. I did a whole14 a couple months back. I can't think of a better time of year to make an annual recommitment to health than January.

I have a large complicated family, and sticking strictly to whole30 can be exhausting. My first whole30 i followed the advice to keep stress i.e. Life changes minimal and i wasn't exercising at all back then. Since then I completed a 10k training and have begun a year long journey to run than 10k again, 20 minutes faster. I run about 3 times a week and CrossFit 2-3 times per week. My first race of the program is a 5k jan 3.

Oh, small detail: i turn 40 in 2015 :)

Archived