Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone!  And thanks to the ladies that organized the FB group.  

I am 42.  Iv struggled with weight my whole life, and it just gets harder.  I did a Whole 30 last year and had great success.  Then I REALLY got off track this past summer, (new full time job+depression issues=poor coping mechanisms)  Anyway, I am HAPPY, but starting to feel yucky and have gained 30 pounds.  Time to start making healthier choices. 

I love wine and cheese.  Whaaa.  Oh well, I love skinny jeans too.  Alcohol will be the hardest for me.  I can do black coffee and I love all veggies.  I was a runner once, and I am also going to start a "couch to 5k" at the same time.  

I love to freezer cook, and I love onceamonthmeals.com, if anyone wants to check that out.  They have LOTS of Whole 30 recipes.

I have 2 daughters in high-school and a very nice husband, although he doesn't "get it" when it comes to the Whole 30, so he is no help. ;)  We are all going to clean up our diets in January though. 

I have backyard chickens (read-lots of fresh, delicious eggs!)

TMI?  Ok well I just wanted to introduce myself!  Thanks in advance to everyone for all the support!

Jennifer

January 1st my husband and I will be starting Whole 30 for the first time. We have decided to go all in and really push each other to do this. I'm half way through the book and I've made a board on Pinterest with plenty of recipes. I want to plan ahead so we are prepared and not trying to figure out meals at last minute.

I am planning on doing another Whole 30 in January after I return from vacation on the 3rd.  Most likely won't start till the 5th.  I basically have been doing The Whole 30 since October 13th. After I finished it, I gave myself till after Thanksgiving to "go off plan"....I didn't go off too much though.  Black Friday I started up again and my 30th day this time will actually be the first day of our family cruise.  This might be a Whole 29....LOL.  I hope to behave that fist day to complete this whole 30.  I don't plan on going too crazy on the trip.  The worst will be alcohol and maybe some dessert tastes.  So when I return, I will be ready to start again for the new year.

Good luck everyone!!

Hello everyone!! This will be my second time to start W30....but my first to finish it!

I plan to start on January 1, 2015. I am currently planning meals and stocking up on items needed. I plan to do a lot of freezer meals to help me with lunches and dinners on days I really don't want to full out cook.

I am really looking forward to this.

I have also joined the FB page!!

I'm in! Tried once before and made it 10 days but it was enough to see how toxic those bad foods felt when I reintroduced them.

I'm still breast feeding and my son and hubby aren't participating so those are my challenges.

Would love a group to keep me accountable, whether it a Facebook page or otherwise!

Hi Everyone - I started my first whole30 in August.... Im ready for a second round (hopefully a whole90!) now and have created a facebook page as well as a group to spread the word and support my local fellow whole30ers. I know that there is an official Whole30 starting on Jan 1 and Im wondering if there is a particular section to join for this? What does an 'official' whole30 involve? :)

I'm in for a whole30+ AIP style on January 1st. I've been AIP for about 9 months now, with a few reintroductions (eggs, some dairy, some nuts, coffee, chocolate) but the sugar dragon just won't give up. I keep craving the sugar. I think I need to give it up for longer than 30 days to really get it out of my system.

Vain,

What is AIP?

Megysmoo,

Confused by your question. What do you mean by "official" Whole30? You say you started one in August. Did you not finish? Even if you didn't, you must have read the rules and guidelines. Also, what do you mean by "hopefully a whole 90"? Are you planning to do the whoke 30 for 3 months? If so, good luck!

I am on my second W30. My first was in October. Then a 2 week semi break....still ate the W30 way with the exception of a few adult beverages and a few desserts...not really worth it although I didnt feel as crappy as I thought I would. Started my second one on Black Friday and will continue till my cruise vacation in about 2 weeks. First day of vacation is last day of whole 30.

Will start my 3rd W30 on January 5th!

Good luck every one!!

Megysmoo & Jocl, when theyve done official ones in the past, there's a main site post about it, and people participate via the comment section.

(but now that I think about it, that may have been before the forum existed)

ANYway --- I hope everyone doesn't camp out on Facebook, I don't have one so it'll be forum only for me! :)

Megysmoo & Jocl, when theyve done official ones in the past, there's a main site post about it, and people participate via the comment section.

(but now that I think about it, that may have been before the forum existed)

ANYway --- I hope everyone doesn't camp out on Facebook, I don't have one so it'll be forum only for me! :)

Hi all! I just requested to join the FB group, and plan on starting my 1st 'real' Whole30 on Jan 1. I've been Lazy Paleo for a few years now; strict when it's easy, loose when it's not. I have no major health problems or weight-loss needs, so that was working pretty well. However, then I started grad school. My diet has been steadily declining for the last year and a half, and I'm feeling it. I always talk myself out of Whole30s, so I'm hoping that this forum and the FB group will keep me on track for once.

HI all,

Im IN! I did the whole 30 ending november 20 and felt good during that but didnt lost much weight (due to overeating at most meals I believe) so am ready to do it again with greater awareness of hunger. 

I have to say that in my reintro I have been pretty far off the rails. Lots of drinking and eating gluten (which I KNOW does not agree with me) but on the positive, I have been in better touch with my hunger...this is a process for me and I'm looking forward to fine tuning it further. 

Hi!

I am also starting Jan 1:)

I'm 45, a SAHM to one 18year old and 2 dawgs - happily married (until about day 8-9 of whole30) to a great guy!

I did my first whole30 last January and it changed so much for me! Lost 30lbs, bp meds gone, eczema gone, felt great, and loved learning how to cook and source food.

At the time I lived in tucson, AZ but now I'm back in Toronto Canada. Not sure how I'm going to do without a Trader Joes/ Sprouts/ weekly farmers market but it's gotta be done!

So many items I'm used to having aren't available here. Ghee (I paid $4-5 for a big jar u.s. -it's $14 here for a small jar), red boat fish sauce, coconut aminos, trader joes almond butter, and if course the always elusive sugar and nitrate free bacon.

My only challenge is how to fit this in with the TRX training program that I'll be starting that same week. I will be re-reading the athletes page to try and get a firm grasp and when and what to eat around my workouts .

Looking forward to getting to know you all - do we just post anything here ? Like how we did with our day? Recipes? Food plan?

So many questions for a 2nd round!

Hi, my name is Linda.  I am planning on starting January 1st along with my daughter and my coworkers. I asked them to do this with me so we can all support each other. This is my first attempt. I have never even heard of this program until my daughter told me about it. I've been trying to eat healthy except with carbs and sugars being my enemy, its hard to do that. I am very excited and can't wait for January 2nd. That's when we'll all start. Its great to see this forum to help me out. I need all the support I can get. Thanks for starting this forum and I look forward to a fresh start. A new and healthy 2015.

YES!  Jan 1 is the day!  I am excited and a bit scared.  

I have had very good results from a 21-day "detox" that was identical to this before I had ever heard of Whole30.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a good experience the last time I tried changing my diet drastically (to Wheat Belly - lchf) and severe depression kicked in.  I think this time I will have more of an uphill battle emotionally because of that.  Feeling up for the challenge, though, and preparing as much as I can.  I am a planner by nature - extreme planner.  Menu planning is how I avoid going off course, so that will be my first step.  How are you all preparing?  I saw someone mention frozen meals....any other ideas?

Ok guys a little bit about me. I read "it starts with food" at the end of november and immediately wanted to start eating only foods  what would make me healthier. Today I am on Day 15 of my whole 30 which i was supposed to end before christmas. The way i feel right now i just MIGHT power through the holidays compliant (: Either way All of January will be clean for me whether I am back on Day 1 or if I am on Day 32. 

My mind has never felt so clean and clear. I live alone so I have been food preping my lunches for work on Sundays. Another good option is to make multiple servings of your dinners at night and store them for the next day. I got used to drinking black coffee after day 2. I recommend light roast coffees for that. 

I think looking forward I need motivation to start working out. I used to be really active a couple of years ago but I cant seem to motivate myself in that aspect. Baby steps I guess. Im thinking about Challenging myself in January to be active for 30 days straight. even if its only for 20 mins. Anyone want to add a workout challenge with me? 

Sherronh,

We are very similar...I live alone except when my kids visit and they can fend for themselves.  I am on day 17 and plan on going till 2 days after xmas.  I spend 1 or two sessions a week food prepping.  Usually one day on the weekend and then I get my CSA delivery on Wednesday so depending on what I get, depends on food prepping 2x.

I do workout a lot already.  Yes baby steps is the way to go.  It's hard the first few weeks anyway to workout.  Good luck!

kt cat

Oh my....27 days!!!  You were almost there!!!!  You can do it.  I have had many times even before the Whole 30 that I would go months or years without drinking.  But I do like it so I know I will never stop completely.  At least I don't think I will.  Having said that, I really feel so much better without it but  once I am done with my next W30, I would like to be the kind of person who can just have one drink with dinner.  I tend to go overboard.  LOL

Hi!

I'm planning on doing my first whole 30 jan 1st, so glad I found this. I did a Sugar detox like doughty_m a while back but only made it to 14 days. I think it was mainly to do with no support. Even though it was only 14 days I could feel and see the difference in my body. So I'm really looking forward to jan.

I'm going to look for you on face book too.

Good luck to all!

I'm onboard!! :)  I have done two successful Whole30's, one in May 2014, and Sept 2014.  I feel great when I'm on the Whole30 program. 

I've been wanting to do another one.. but I have a week trip planned next week and someone else is doing the cooking so I figured it might be really hard to navigate the food choices.   So I will just wait until Jan 1st. 

I took an online assement of my "fitness age". I'm not sure how accurate it could possibly be.. but,  I am 37 but the result was of a 49 year old.  WHAT?  I am out of shape but that out of shape???????  So I'd like to start exercising regularly.  I used to run and exercise regularly before my babies were born..  I have three boys aged  8, 6 and 3.  So I guess my fitness level can get that bad considering how long it's been! LOL  eeks!!!!!! 

I look forward to doing another whole30 with you guys!!  I'm not on facebook, so I'll be depending on posts to the forum for encouragement and feedback.  So I also hope there will be a lot of activity on the forum. :)

Looking forward to it!! :)

Archived