Whole30 Cookbook suggestions....please

Darbbb

61XKsJWhfXL.jpg

Millions of people visit Whole30.com every month and share their stories of weight loss and lifestyle makeovers. Hundreds of thousands of them have read It Starts With Food, which explains the science behind the program. At last, The Whole30 provides the step-by-step, recipe-by-recipe guidebook that will allow millions of people to experience the transformation of their entire life in just one month.

61XKsJWhfXL.jpg

Millions of people visit Whole30.com every month and share their stories of weight loss and lifestyle makeovers. Hundreds of thousands of them have read It Starts With Food, which explains the science behind the program. At last, The Whole30 provides the step-by-step, recipe-by-recipe guidebook that will allow millions of people to experience the transformation of their entire life in just one month.

This isn't being published until April 2015.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I received Zenbelly Cookbook for Christmas.  Not every recipe is Whole30 compliant but can easily be made so with a simple switch or omission.  The book is gorgeous and foodie and there is a full page color picture of every recipe.  The other sort of unique thing is that she photographed the starting ingredients too, so you get a visual of how 5 or 6 whole foods can be turned into something unique and delicious.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We have found a it starts with food cookbook writen by Ben Williams is it a good one to use

No, that is a book that is fraudulently using the "It Starts With Food" title and theme colors. It Starts With Food is written by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. And ONLY them.

• Administrators

What is a good cookbook were going to try this as a whole family and we have 5 kids so its kinda hard to just come up with meals lol

Either of the Well Fed cookbooks by Mel Joulwan (website: clothesmakethegirl.com) or Nom Nom Paleo are great choices to start.

• Moderators

I received Zenbelly Cookbook for Christmas.  Not every recipe is Whole30 compliant but can easily be made so with a simple switch or omission.  The book is gorgeous and foodie and there is a full page color picture of every recipe.  The other sort of unique thing is that she photographed the starting ingredients too, so you get a visual of how 5 or 6 whole foods can be turned into something unique and delicious.

Oooh, this is on my Wish List!

I just bought the Paprika Recipe Manager app for my iPad/phone and the PC version for my desktop. (about $25 for both) It's a recipe organizer and it creates shopping lists, but Paprika makes it easy to import recipes from blogs and websites.

I have so many recipes and cookbooks, I was looking for a way to use my iPad and still be able to make notes on a particular recipe. Once I get everything imported, I think it will be easier to keep all my recipes organized.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is a good cookbook were going to try this as a whole family and we have 5 kids so its kinda hard to just come up with meals lol

Emeals...choose the "Paleo" option...BEWARE not all recipes are "Whole30" compliant but can be easily adjusted.. For example.... For me, when a recipe calls for honey I just leave it out.   ;)

Also Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso.  As others have already recommended.... Nom Nom Paleo by Michelle Tam is wonderful.

• 1 month later...

Emeals...choose the "Paleo" option...BEWARE not all recipes are "Whole30" compliant but can be easily adjusted.. For example.... For me, when a recipe calls for honey I just leave it out.   ;)

Also Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso.  As others have already recommended.... Nom Nom Paleo by Michelle Tam is wonderful.

I loved my eMeals subscription, but I had a minor fit every time a recipe called for green peas. Peas are a legume, not a vegetable.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, a little intimated starting the Whole 30 but I am determined! I do better with actual recipies until I get the hang of it. Is anyone willing to share their favorite recipies that got them through the 30 days?

Archived