The "Return of the Dirty Thirty" 12 January start date

dcducks1

Oh funny.   But I must tell you jmcbn, the best bread I have ever had in my life was in Ireland.   Never had any like that in my life ever again.  I don't know if it's still like that but I hope so.   I hope you still have non-gmo flour for your bread.  That bread with your butter....black tea.  Can I just say that I think Heaven looks like Ireland.

Our *proper* home-baked breads are amazing - potato bread, potato apple bread, soda farls, wheaten farls, wheaten bread (occasionally made with guinness)... all taste fab with a wedge of kerrygold, or toasted with some grilled mature cheddar.... I remember as a child watching my Nan make soda farls on her griddle (a hot plate above the coal fire) & spread it with fresh butter & home-made jam - what a treat...!! Although the last time I took a trip down memory lane & indulged in a fresh soda, toasted, and spread with butter and jam it sat in my stomach like a brick for about 8hrs...  :( 

Our mass produced, sliced loaves for sandwiches/toast are just a pile of glutenous stodge though. White, brown, multi grain, wholemeal, multi seed - multi crap!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

janakramer.png

"I Got The Boy"

I saw your picture in a paper, Honeymoon in Jamaica, she's a lucky girl
You look so grown up in your black tux, from a ball cap in a pick up, seems like another world
You and me and our big dreams, falling in love 
We were two kids in the backseat, all fearless and young 

I got the first kiss and she'll get the last
She's got the future, I got the past
I got the class ring, she got the diamond and wedding band
I got the boy, she got the man

Yeah there's an old you that I knew,
Fake IDs to get into those spring break bars 
Back woods on a four wheel, hanging on tight, I can still feel my racing heart
And now you're cleaned up with a hair cut, nice tie and shoes 
If things were different and I had a choice, which would I choose?

I got the first kiss and she'll get the last
She's got the future and I got the past
I got the class ring, she got the diamond and wedding band
I got the boy and she got the man

I got the first kiss and she’ll get the last
We each got something, the other will never have
I got the long hair, hot head
She got the cool and steady hand

WOW! These last several days have been very productive! My mom, sis and BIL got back last night from KY. I now have a newer wash machine(mom and dad's), mine was only about 10 yrs old, but the tub has started rusting out. It is out beside the road for someone to take. I also have their antique china cabinet. goes perfect in my lil' Victorian cottage. as well as an antique chair. It needs a bit of work to bring it alive again, but I am up to the project. Took dining room set and 2 book shelves to Son and DIL's. Got to bed around 2330 and up at 0730.

Whole100 is still perking right along, day 97 today. Start slow roll reintro on Thur. Not real sure what I want to start with, not beans, I have no desire to experience those for an eternity. Maybe after a few years of WholeLife, I might try the soaking(Weston Price method for grains) on the beans, then again, maybe not... Eating blackeyed peas for New Years for the last nearly 50 years hasn't made a difference in my wealth of any kind... Not eating them these past 3 months has! :D So, some how today, I need to run the tiller back over my garden, mow the grass, get the door and shelves for the china cabinet from sis' house and put them on it and do some more arrangin' and riddin'! This Tiger Blood is sooooo worth it!

Denise - Tiger Blood is for real.. It is not overrated.   Few seem to get there or even talk about it anymore.   It happened for many on the original WD30 groups but we were actually eating meat and yes, offal.  We were kicking some serious Whole 30 hiney, now.   I'm here to tell you that the half has not been told....Laurie will tell you,   we ate meat, proteins and cooked vegetables and good dietary fats.   Wherever CC is...she could tell you.  

dcducks is coming back.   He's going to kick it hard and we will get all of our ducks in a row.  He kicks Whole 30 hiney and takes names.    Heck-a-toot,   he can motivate you to make ketchup and mayo out of pinecones and dirt.   Yes, he can.

I want to come screaming around the corner on two wheels.   Yes, that's how I used to drive to work.   My boss would be looking out the window and say, well.......I saw you flying around that last corner on two wheels.    Ohhh, I was Mario Andretti in the mornings.   But I was all jacked up on an entire pot of coffee and cream.  I was all jacked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr1BiEvb6Iw

jmcbn - explain stodge a lil further, would you do that for us.   Humor is great for distraction, music, dancing, exercising, walking, working in the yard.....

Cleanin' and riddin' is great for distraction.   No one says you have to stop on Day 101, Denise.  That's your decision.   I lurve using a mountain of momentum and letting it work for you.   

Sometimes, ya gotta roll with it, baby.   I've learned something about momentum.  Once it's working for you, it's hard to replicate.  I believe momentum is a gift.  I treasure it and I don't ever take it for granted.  

Momentum from a Whole 30 is like dating momentum.   Ever dated someone with cold feet or who wanted to keep you dangling on puppet strings?   They wanted you to dance for them, do all of the work and then drop you to the floor.

Yeah, we call those kinda creeps the worst kind to date.

There are those dewds that are scaredy cats and hesitant to stick their toes into the dating pool.  They come closer an inch and back off a mile.   They drive you nuts with their timidity or silly dating games.   There might have been some initial attraction and momentum but it all withers and dies on the vine.    They let all of the air out of the bag.

Then the silly thing comes back and knocks on your door.  Sorry, dewd.   The momentum is gone and you're the one who ruined it.   It doesn't ever come back for you..   When it's gone, it's gone.   Stick a fork in it, it's toast.  Over and done.

When you have that mountain of momentum working for you, nurture it, nudge it and let it catapult you right to the top. Ride that wave into the shoreline.   Ride it and don't stop until you get where you're going.   Don't stop short, you may not be able to get it back the way it once was.   Momentum is a true gift.

An old school friend of mine boasted recently on FB about her son having made their tea... He'd made minced beef in a tomato sauce, with pasta, garlic bread, and chips. I was glad my invite had been lost in the post ;) 

That is what we British (well, some of us at least!) would call stodge - heavily refined carb laden food lacking in nutrition that generally sits in your stomach like a brick for many hours before being digested... garlic bread, dough balls, sliced white loaf, pasta, battered onion rings, sausage rolls (meat in pastry), battered anything, cake batter, weetabix.....

My food always has a variety of colours, textures, flavours. Stodge is bland - bland in flavour, bland in texture, bland in colour.

Taste the rainbow - just not the skittles obviously!!  :lol:

An old school friend of mine boasted recently on FB about her son having made their tea... He'd made minced beef in a tomato sauce, with pasta, garlic bread, and chips. I was glad my invite had been lost in the post ;) 

That is what we British (well, some of us at least!) would call stodge - heavily refined carb laden food lacking in nutrition that generally sits in your stomach like a brick for many hours before being digested... garlic bread, dough balls, sliced white loaf, pasta, battered onion rings, sausage rolls (meat in pastry), battered anything, cake batter, weetabix.....

My food always has a variety of colours, textures, flavours. Stodge is bland - bland in flavour, bland in texture, bland in colour.

Taste the rainbow - just not the skittles obviously!!  :lol:  Ooooooo, that is hysterically funny.  drink.gif

I like your sayings...soooo much.    The one about taking our lessons from dogs and kicking up the grass with our hindlegs. I remember the rest.   Ooooooo  lol3.giflol3.gif.

Denise, I'm loving the sound of your little antique cabinet & cahir - I love old furniture with all it's character. I used to spend hours browsing the antique stores here when I had the disposable income - now it all goes on proteins, veg & good fats, oh, and the occasional pice of clothing for my growing boys!

Good on you for getting that Tiger Blood high & getting things sorted - keep up the good work!

yep Meadow, I could very well end up not doing any trials yet, or trial one thing for one day of a whole month, just to see. I feel a bit like I want to know how these other things affect me. Not that I really miss anything, but to know more about me, my body and how things affect me. To know what is a major no, like legumes and won't ever go there for the "special" occasion. What are a meh no and could go there for a "special" occasion, if it was special enough and worth it.. To have answers when people say how come your aren't eating such and such... Well, I did this Whole30 food reset plan and found out... "this" makes me feel like I have been hit by a mack truck, etc. and I don't ever want to feel that way again. Then, I will be doing a Denise's/cottagequeen diet. I can say, this is MY diet one that I learned from Whole30.

Denise - Tiger Blood is contagious.   Give us some.

Can we ride on your wave for awhile?   Do you feel like a laughing hyena with a perpetual smile on your face?

closes eyes and quietly hums to self as she imagines Meadow and jmcbn in tiger form romping thru the jungle..... Here it comes!

closes eyes and quietly hums to self as she imagines Meadow and jmcbn in tiger form romping thru the jungle..... Here it comes!

So long as we're *actual* tigers - I am NOT wearing a tiger onesie!!  :o  :huh:  :P

Archived