One Good Whole30 choice I made today is:

MeadowLily

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you have a  small window and must think fast on your feet - when faced with entertainment foods, play foods, sweet fake foods that you're emotionally attached to...

Thrill eating is fluff.  Like smoke.  It makes you forget your worries for a minute but there's nothing right about that either.  Play foods are not your friends.

Don't take yourself so seriously that you can't have fun.  Snark it up about everything.  A sense of humor is the most important compliant ingredient while you're tooling along on a Whole 30 and post Whole 30.

Laugh loudly at yourself and snort through your nose.  It helps others to lighten UP.  

You can do awesome things with a Balsamic Reduction.  Drizzle over grilled wedges of romaine or cabbage.  Add to any salad for a dressing. Spread on wild salmon or trout before grilling or roasting.   Portobello mushrooms, over pork chops, grilled chicken, burgers, steaks, over an avocado.  

Accidental-Locavore-Grilled-Cabbage.jpg

Eat whole foods without limiting quantity.  This is exactly the strategy I've used to break the cycle of thrill eating.   All healthy.  Non-trigger foods.  It makes all of the difference in the world for me.

Whole foods make my body feel good.  With whole foods, my body knows when it has had enough.

To make this journey work you have to be passionate unless you are already happy in your body which is a reasonable goal in itself.

I don't track anything but I post every day.  It's worked very well. But you reach a point in your journey when you just have to relax.  The weight releasing moves at a very slow pace and there are new goals.

Like staying fit.  Or building muscle.  Or just enjoying the body and mind you have worked so hard to achieve.

But having passion is always good in this journey as well.  Don't lose it.

A strategy is to develop new and healthy interests.  I swim and hike. But I also lift free weights and dance.

Not being passionate should not mean not caring or being not interested any more.   Otherwise, the journey is over.

Every month is a celebration for me.  The really great news is that I've not had a single full on food bender in over 16 months.  No thrill eating. 

Now that's worth celebrating but not with play foods.  And there isn't any Bad News, only the truth.   This Whole deal is a never-ending process. There's no such thing as the Finish Line when it comes to good health and overall well being. 

My own positive food management plan includes self-care and self-like. There will always be UPS and downs in pretty much everything:  attitude, motivation, stress, momentum -  but this is what it looks like to remain healthy.

As long as I don't give up on myself or personal goals...I'll keep reaching waaay into the future.   After I stick the landing....life doesn't end there.  As long as I don't give up on the trendline,  it should look pretty decent.

And who doesn't love a good trendline?

To self-love or not self-love, that is the question.

I don't want to feel trapped inside of a food prison - branded diets.  I won't obsess over weight.  I'm aiming for balance.  I definitely feel the benefits of sticking the landing coming my way.

I sleep better.  I have more energy.  I feel comfortable in my own skin.

Without constant exposure to trigger foods, I don't obsess over food choices.   I'm in no real rush to change much of anything.  I've been letting myself settle into all of my new clothes and routines.

Do you love yourself?   Your body?  

A million verses and quotes say you can't love someone else until you love yourself.

I'm working on balancing motivation for self-improvement with self-acceptance.  In totality, not just appearance.  Moving towards self-love includes loving the body.  Or at least liking it.  

I've added some art because posts without art look bare and naked.  I'm working on liking everything in that state...myself.

ce9156253900c2d105318509472bf30c.jpg

Archived