One Good Whole30 choice I made today is:

MeadowLily

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purchase whole, medium-sized carrots (preferably organic) from your grocery store or farmer’s market. Do not use pre-peeled baby carrots, since the peel prevents the growth of gram negative bacteria according to Dr. Tom O’Bryan, who discussed this in The Gluten Summit. This was new information to me, and, although it makes sense to me (because the carrot peel protects the carrot as it grows in the soil), I would take it with a grain of salt because I’m having difficulty finding other sources for this information. According to Dr. Tom, Once the carrot is peeled and left in the fridge for a couple of days, it allows gram negative bacteria to flourish. The problem here is that the protective coating on this bacteria contains an endotoxin – a toxic component – called lipopolysaccharides (LPS).

How to eat your carrot a day

• The carrot must be raw, not cooked
  • You can enjoy the carrot peeled or washed and not peeled.
  • Ideally, eat it in-between meals and not with meals
  • Eat it whole or prepare the Detox Carrot Salad, a recipe from Mama Natural. You coarsely grate the carrot and add coconut oil, vinegar and salt. The salad is my favorite way to enjoy my raw carrot a day – it’s delicious!

It must be the whole raw carrot 1f642.png When you juice it, it leaves behind the beneficial fiber. Even if you juice it and mix the pulp back in, it isn’t the same.

http://empoweredsustenance.com/raw-carrot-a-day/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tim McGraw's Kale Salad

20130708_Kale_blueberry_salad4.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped
  • 1/8 cup white balsamic vinegar
  • 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup sliced strawberries or other berries
  • 1/8-1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sliced almonds 
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste

The next time you order that pastrami-on-rye at your local deli, you may get an unwanted ingredient -- the illness-inducing listeria bacterium.

That's the finding from a Purdue University study of dozens of delicatessens. Researchers say that on any given day, up to one in 10 deli swab samples tested positive for the Listeria monocytogenes germ.

When I go to the deli and see the coleslaw bubbling away like a natural spring, I know there's a problem. It's burping itself, too.   Today, I stay away from all things mayo'd UP at the deli.  The fruit salad, macaroni salad, potato salad, coleslaw, broccoli salad, carrot raisin salad.  The only things I feel fairly safe with are the black and green olives.

Today, on the radio,  1 in 10 deli samples tested positive for listeria.  Yuck, I need a bucket. 

Not blowing a cork annoying smiley when my company of relatives polishes off a wonderful meal with whopping boatloads of new lemon oreo cookies.  The things they're dragging into my house for their pre/post mini-meals. No one is working out, they're just slopping their drippers, leaving towels teeth-brushing-smiley.gif?1292867688 and clothes everywhere.   My lid is on and I'm wound tighter than a g-string on a gheee-tar, guitar. 

Hello MeadowLily,

In reading some of your posts the mentioning of cold brewed tea caught my interest so I googled how to make. Ummm, pretty self descriptive yes?  Anyway,

I brewed myself up a batch overnight in my fridge and using my French Press this morning am now enjoying the most delicious glass of refreshing Ice Tea.  I even picked

some mint leaves from the garden to make it festive...  Thou, it may have been mention many times in these forums it was your post that caught my curiosity.

Big Thanks...

I haven't made any coffee in my cold tea brewer because once you do, it seems like it always has that coffee taste.  I am making the most delicate green teas and they sparkle in the sunlight.  It is the best piece of equipment I've purchased and so reasonable.  I'm glad you made some, Cathy.   Cold brewed tea is much easier on the stomach and you do not have to buy cold brewed tea bags, regular ones work just as well. 

For me, the benefits of delicate green tea outweighs sodas. I do like to add gingerberry kombucha now and again.  It's all fun. Really.

Image result for free photos lemon in water

Three ways to spruce up your water.

Add Lemon Juice and Lemon Essential Oil - helps the body absorb any vitamins you might be taking. Drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning is a good way to start the day when you get out of bed.

Add Chlorophyll to your water.  Curbs sweet cravings. 

Add lemon and tumeric to hot water.  Helps with digestion.

Image result for lemon water pictures

Coffee is not part of the good medicine required for healing. Addiction to coffee makes it difficult to rely on the body's natural sources for energy.

The caffeine in coffee increases your stress hormones. Coffee addiction decreases insulin sensitivity, making it harder for the cells to respond to blood sugar.

The acid in coffee contritubes to GERD, heartburn and indigestion. When I removed coffee, that's when things turned really started to turn around for me and I started moving out of T2/insulin resistance. 

Don't bring the food offenders into your house or vehicle or personal space. If someone insists that you eat something they've made especially for you...I have no problem taking it out into my garden and burying it in the dirt.  I've learned the hard way that this was not the best decision.  My dog has been out there for days, digging all of it back UP and ate it. She had dirt up her nose, all over her mouth,  she was eating that multi-crap I buried.  I feel so bad and I will not do that again. Next time, I'll just throw it in the bin.  But I will stomp on it before I do. 

Paleopeoples are making paleo desserts and treats with lupin/lupine flour.

I'm highly allergic to chicory root used as a sweetner in many fiber bar products.  It's a noxious weed that grows by the side of the road. Found out the hard way, consumed a box of fiber bars before my W30. The hives left scars on one side of my hands up to my elbows. Alternative flours and sweetners, upside down sugars can bite harder than the original versions. 

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm409836.htm

"Lupin (sometimes called “lupine”) is a legume belonging to the same plant family as peanuts. “For many people, eating lupin or a lupin-derived ingredient, such as a flour, is safe,” says Stefano Luccioli, M.D., a senior medical advisor at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). “But there are reports in the medical literature of allergic reactions to lupin, some of which can be severe.”

Reactions can include anaphylaxis (a severe response to an allergen that can include shock), which is life-threatening and can occur very quickly. Allergens are substances, such as lupin, that can cause allergic reactions."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Butter Bacon Burgers are a paleo thang. Add one cube of gf butter to 1 or 1.5 pounds of gf beef. Sub clarified butter for Whole 30. Add your favorite spices like garlic powder, salt, pepper.  Red onion,lettuce, tomato homemade ketchup and mayo for condiments. 
  •  

Archived