One Good Whole30 choice I made today is:

MeadowLily

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot pink polish on the tootsies to bring a little happy happy joy joy Things are never as bad as they seem  It's always darkest before the dawn   Suck it up, Buttercup   Just whistle while you work attitude back to life.

After your Whole 30's,  you can hone in on specific foods with a Slow Roll Reintro.  You can fine tune it like it's a radio station. You can tweak and customize an eating plan going forward and run your life like a well-oiled machine.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is cool. I've needed a lift today and this helps. Loved reading everyone's posts.

I really really wanted to buy corn chips at Trader Joes today. But I didn't. Kept it clean. Corn chips on special occasions only like camping next weekend. :) But not now and not all the time. So although I've been feeling down about my eating, (grazing a little at night and can tell I'm gaining weight even without the stoopid scale) in reality, I'm eating way better than I ever have before. This thread helped get that perspective back. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Today is a new day - I took a break from W30 (not totally going off the grid)  went on Va- K   and enjoyed myself.  (only gained 2 lbs !!) 

So my good choice today - was to eat a salad for M1 - to get my self back on track with eating more veggies at M1.

and I painted my toe nails  bright BLUE - makes me happy to see them peeking out from under my desk !

• 2 weeks later...

Today - I put down the Terra chips -  Step away from the bag !!   I was going to mindlessly eat them... I was not hungry - I am now working from home... so I was snacking....   I had 2 chips when I realized just what I was doing.  They went back in the pantry.

• 3 weeks later...

I realized I was getting on my scale every morning again (in theory to monitor effects of reintroductions) so put said scale OUT of the bathroom.  I can tell when something is bloating me without getting on that accursed piece of plastic!

Well said! Something I'm also working on everyday now that my eating is under control! (I'm quoting meadowlily but can't figure out how to do that)

Just hit the quote button on your bottom right.

ZOVI....Progress.   Not perfection.   I've been working on it for 15 months.   We are the stories we tell ourselves.   I no longer ask myself questions.  Old questions...what in the world is the matter with you? bad-luck-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927  Why can't you be normal like everyone else?  boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793 Why can't you stick the landing?  (Optimum weight setpoint).  calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292

Start telling yourself a "new story".   One day, you'll wake up and it will no longer be a story but your new truth.  patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1  You will have traded UP magic-left-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129  for new thought patterns and your old habits will be history...for the most part.  Progress.   Not Perfection.   yesss-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937 

• 2 weeks later...

I am on day 32 into the slow intro and I went out for a coworker's birthday lunch today. I chose a meal of pan seared halibut, asparagus, fingerling potatoes & red pepper. I asked what it was cooked in and asked them to use olive oil instead of butter. I think my taste buds are much improved because I could taste the olive oil. It felt good to make that choice and nobody looked at me weird! Best of all, I didn't have that sleepy, full feeling all afternoon!! ;)

I am on day 32 into the slow intro and I went out for a coworker's birthday lunch today. I chose a meal of pan seared halibut, asparagus, fingerling potatoes & red pepper. I asked what it was cooked in and asked them to use olive oil instead of butter. I think my taste buds are much improved because I could taste the olive oil. It felt good to make that choice and nobody looked at me weird! Best of all, I didn't have that sleepy, full feeling all afternoon!! ;)

You're doing everything you can to set yourself up for continued success.   The days after a Whole 30 can be the most perilous of times or a great learning experience.  Nice jobgold-medalist-smiley.gif?1292867608 listening to yourself, Kruddock!

Drop the guilt if you're not the world's greatest cook.   If you don't discover a willingness to cook - you can still come up with a plan that works for you.   Drop the guilt about frozen vege.  Embrace that convenience at your job.  Microwaved vege w/EVOO, garlic powder and pepper...a can of tuna, salmon or kippers and you're all set.

Archived