Paleo Protein Bars?

paulstanisk

may I rant for a moment, please? Julian Bakery products are EXACTLY the kind of stuff you should be avoiding like the plague during your whole30 (well, all the time). A slurry of chemicals that kind of seems similar to the kind of processed stuff you may be used to but with "paleo approved" ingredients? no thank you.

also: monk fruit in this context is not a fruit. It's a sweetener. this stuff is terrible.

eat food.

Isomalto-oligosaccharide?  LOL.  Man, the science they use to hide sugar.  Number two ingredient and yet by some loophole they can call a saccharide prebiotic soluble fiber.  This falls into the same Easter basket as chicory root extract, which is an oligosaccharide.

Which brings up a pressing question, does anyone ever bite off a different part of the chocolate bunny first than the ears?

Thanks for the feedback all. As I've shared with a couple of my more experienced Whole30 friends, I'm doing great on day 22 of my Whole30. I am eating food, and have only had 3-4 compliant Lara bars when I had to go too long. Mostly I was loooking for something easy that is higher in protein than the Rx bars for when I complete my Whole30 and travel to baseball tournaments, where eating protein between games and such can be more of a challenge. Otherwise, I get the whole "eat food" concept. Great program and great to get such quick responses!

You might try the Epic bars - I think they have two compliant flavors (the others have a bit of sugar in them). Kind of a weird texture, but not a bad one; I like them, but they're expensive enough ($3 each at my Whole Foods) to not tempt me to snack on them unless I need to. I keep a couple for "emergencies" and stock up a little before I travel. You can order them online if no one near you carries them.

Which brings up a pressing question, does anyone ever bite off a different part of the chocolate bunny first than the ears?

Sometimes I'll start with the feet or the face ( :ph34r:) but when I do it's just because I'm just trying to be different on purpose.  Eating chocolate bunny ears first is like eating the point of a slice a pizza first: it's just the way it's done.

Archived