Acne since starting

I've never had acne. Maybe one pimple every few months on my chin but since starting the Whole 30 (I'm on day 13) I've broken out on my face and chest. My skin also looks splotchy and red. I've heard about healing crisis, could this be related to that?

Has anyone experienced this?

Congrats on making it to day 13! Terrific! As for acne, I can relate. My skin broke out significantly more at first and then became very bright (people say I'm glowing), smooth, and clear. Hooray! Hang in there! Also, depending on the nuts you are eating...they can sometimes cause skin problems. Try eliminating them, and see if that helps. Best wishes! :)

I broke out around my nose and chin, and even a couple on my forehead (which NEVER happens) about halfway through. I had also cracked out on almonds a few times in the days just before that, so not sure if it was the nuts or the point I was at in my Whole 30?

Now I am on day 27, no zits and have the same smooth glowiness Keri mentioned (my husband and I are doing it together, and he's got the same thing going on). It should get better!

FWIW, I've also been avoiding almonds.

Hi! I'm on Day 9, and I noticed that I had a pretty bad breakout when I started the program - my hair and my skin were just much greasier than they'd ever been, presumably from all of the fat. I'm not sure what your diet was like prior to starting the Whole30 (I had been eating very, very little fat), so a breakout now is probably just your body adjusting to food it's not used to having. I bet it'll clear up soon. Good luck!

Yeah, I think nuts and stress are toblame for me breaking out this Whole30 when I didn't last time. Since controlling the stress is a major project that is unlikely to succeed anytime soon, I am going to have to back off nuts. Which is a bummer as I like nuts WAY more than stress! :)

I too have been having terrible acne. It's mostly around my mouth and chin area (which I have been told is a result of homromones) I am in a stressful situation right now, starting working again after 8 1/2 years of being a stay at home mom. I am actually excited about being back at work but it is hectic and I am not getting the 8-9 hours asleep recommended. More like 7 hours. Could that be it? I don't eat a ton of nuts but I do have 2 or 3 larabars a week which contain nuts and I'll have a hand full of Almonds here and there. Maybe I need to cut them out completely....

AmyBeth

It's probably a little bit of all of the above, AmyBeth. Hopefully as we get the hang of the new way of eating, eventually we will have time to work on other areas of our lives like sleep and stress and continue our journey to healthier (and zit-free) living.

I too have been having terrible acne. It's mostly around my mouth and chin area (which I have been told is a result of homromones) I am in a stressful situation right now, starting working again after 8 1/2 years of being a stay at home mom. I am actually excited about being back at work but it is hectic and I am not getting the 8-9 hours asleep recommended. More like 7 hours. Could that be it? I don't eat a ton of nuts but I do have 2 or 3 larabars a week which contain nuts and I'll have a hand full of Almonds here and there. Maybe I need to cut them out completely....

AmyBeth

Do the larabars fill you up? I used to eat those or Kind bars as a a snack, but after this Whole 30 they just kind of make me mad because I am hungry again so quickly. I mean - I LOVED the blueberry Kind bar at Starbuck's... and now it's like, meh lol.

Archived