Noodles and Company

sammousse

No--I'm not totally nuts for asking if anything at Noodles and Company is compliant. . . I used to get their natural (whatever that means to them) pork and a bunch of steamed vegetables in a bowl. It's yummy and filling. The young gal at the counter had no idea if there were add'l items in the ingredients. Anyone have any details on this one??

Thanks in advance!

Becky

• Moderators

You can figure out a lot of what's in their food here: http://www.noodles.com/nutrition/

One of the thing it mentions is that all of their menu items contain fully refined soy oil. That would make all of their menu items off limits on a Whole 30.

I'm not exactly sure what's in their pork, but you could probably contact the company to find out. You'd think meat and steamed veggies would be fine, but these chains are known for plumping up meats with all kinds of nasties. Better to triple check. Good luck!

• Moderators

If you aren't making it yourself, you can assume there is all kinds of unbelievable crap in it. For example, Boston Market has a side called "Steamed Spinach" which my husband used to get. Here is the ingredients list:

Spinach, Garlic Butter Sauce, Water, Butter (Cream, Salt), Onions, Garlic, Salt, Modified Cornstarch, Whey Protein Concentrate, Lemon Juice, Yeast Extract, Spices, Natural Flavor (Rendered Chicken Fat, Natural Flavor), Citric Acid.

You have to get the nutritional info. They're required by law to have it available, but you will have to ask. Even better, google before you go.

• 1 month later...

Archived