Zaycon Foods - A Good Option?

10Miler

Can anyone comment on the chicken and possibly the beef? It seems a better option than most of what I see at the supermarket. They say their chicken is "100 % natural chicken with no added hormones, additives or artificial ingredients." I searched the forum for Zaycon and couldn't find any info.

• Moderators

I've never tried that brand, so can't comment as to their quality. Assuming they haven't added anything to the chicken or beef, it would be fine for you to have on a Whole30. 

If you're at all curious about what labels like "natural" mean on meat, this pdf has some basic definitions.

• 1 month later...

I LOVE Zaycon. Every time they do a chicken event I order 2 40 lb boxes of Chicken, it's no hormones added and they are huge breasts. I use my food saver and store it all in my deep freeze. I am actually picking up a case next week right before I start, so perfect timing as I'm running low. I got their chicken wings last year and those were great. I've never done their beef, but I've been thinking about it lately. They recently did wild caught salmon too, but it was a little steep for me that month since I had car registration due. But next time I'm hoping I can get some!

Archived