Whole30 vs. 21 Day Fix (or other Beachbody Program)

Coco335

Because I am a girl and I always over complicate for no reason :) ...

....I ordered 21 Day Fix Extreme and sat down to do some meal planning.

It's been 2 hours and I am still working on it. Then I was thinking, WTF, I did a Whole30 back in October and lost 20 lbs with no exercise. That is what works for me. Why am I trying to change what works?

My thoughts for 21 day fix extreme was that I would be able to eat more often throughout the day.

This led me to thinking: was I not eating big enough meals on Whole30? Was I not eating enough vegetables?

21 Day: Shakology would help sustain my hunger throughout the day.

Afterthought: Why would I want to have to rely on a $100+ per month supplement when I could just eat real vegetables.

21 Day: Eat more

Afterthought: Who has time to eat every two hours? (That's EIGHT TIMES a day) - Who has time to count calories let alone the number of colored boxes?

21 Day: Home Workouts

Afterthought: I go to yoga everyday. I learned on my first Whole30 that I can lose weight by eating this way, but I need to strengthen my body. Solution: home workout with weights.

21 Day: WTF was I thinking? *Immediately looked up return policy* The results people have on 21 day are nothing compared to whole30. Also, want some support on 21 day fix? 

Afterthought: Is Whole30 works for me, why not stick with that and maybe turn that into more paleo after another round.

Details: First Whole30 in October 2014. Even though I have jumped on and off the bandwagon, I have been able to keep the weight off. I started a Whole30 a few weeks ago and got to ten days and then tanked. Why is the second Whole30 so much harder? Side note: During this second whole30 I also cut out coffee and just had tea. Maybe that was too much at once and I felt too deprived. I stayed with just tea and no coffee for 3 weeks and felt good, but now I'm back to coffee with coconut milk.

Solutions: Stick to Whole30. EAT REAL FOOD. If feeling deprived, look at making sure I am eating big enough meals, drinking enough water, and look at what it is I'm craving. Am I bored with my foods? Look up new recipes. Keep looking at the whole30 hashtag on instagram for more inspiration. Come to the whole30 forum.  There is so much support. Why would I not want to feel in control of what I eat? 

During the last few months I have been documenting little things about how I feel during whole30 vs. not doing whole30. It is insane how many things surface when not on whole30. Wrist pain, digestive issues, skin differences, heartburn, etc. 

A few questions for this awesome community: Have you done a beachbody program? Am I completely wrong? My goals are this: I am 5'9", 28 years old female and 165lb. I am looking to lose 10-15 more pounds. I want a flat stomach. I want abs. I notice how quickly my belly fat comes back after whole30. I want to keep it away. So what's the best plan? Another Whole30 and then transition into Paleo? Just jump into Paleo now and another Whole30 in a week or so? 

What should I do if I get hungry in between meals? What do I do if I'm craving chocolate?

Is anyone doing a home workout with Whole30? Should I pop that Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred that is collecting dust back into the DVD player?

How do you get your husband/wife, bf/gf, etc. to join Whole30? Is consistently eating this way at home a good start?

Hello? Is anyone still reading? If anyone has any suggestions, comments, advice, I will be the most appreciative. XOXO

My short answer to you is: eat.

Really.

Whole30 does NOT want you going hungry. If you do a Whole30 and your meals don't satisfy you for 4-5 hours, you can tweak your meal size the next day. But right at that moment, eat a mini-meal or another full meal.

Keep in mind that during the time between ovulation and your period, your body needs extra carbs, fat, and protein. I, for instance, frequently eat 6 FULL (VERY full) meals per day for a few days during this period.

Eat starchy carbs. Eat other veggies. Eat protein. Eat fat. Eat these things in template proportions at least three times a day.

I'm a little alarmed that you lost so much weight in thirty days on a Whole30. So - eat. I would also encourage you to ditch your scale entirely. It is not now, and will not ever be, your friend.  Eat.

Some women can get visible abdominal muscles. Some only get them when severely dehydrated and starving themselves. We're designed to store a healthy layer of fat throughout our bodies. Don't use a male model (as many fitness-oriented folks do) of muscle visibility/definition as your goal.

10-15 pounds might or might not go away. They might turn into muscle, which weighs more than fat, and would mean you might stay the same or gain weight. They might stay there, because it might be that this is your body's optimal weight.

Don't listen to the lies women are told about our bodies. There is no one right size. Too many of us fervently believe that the right size for us is 10-15 pounds lighter than we currently are. First step: ditch the scale. Second step: realize we've been lied to. Third step. Eat. Lather, rinse, repeat.

In conclusion, eat. Honestly, I don't care if you do a Whole30, 20-day-something, or nothing. But eat.

• Administrators

Don't listen to the lies women are told about our bodies. There is no one right size. Too many of us fervently believe that the right size for us is 10-15 pounds lighter than we currently are. First step: ditch the scale. Second step: realize we've been lied to. Third step. Eat. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Love this. We have been lied to. Even the women that we are measuring ourselves up against don't have the bodies that are portrayed in the magazines. They don't exist. YOU exist. YOU are a unique and beautiful and dynamic human being who should not be reduced to a number on a scale. Eat food. Be real. Love yourself. Nourish yourself. Forget the rest. It simply doesn't matter.

Thank you everyone!! Very good points.

kirkor - my question is how do I know if I'm getting enough calories? How do I find that sweet spot with calories that will keep me full and allow me to lose some weight? I think the reason I lost so much weight the first round is because I was not eating enough? I am not sure. Do you think I should have four whole30 meals a day vs. three while doing the beachbody 30 minute home workouts and daily 1 hour of yoga? I know there is no perfect formula and it's all about trying new things - I'm working on being more patient. :) It's funny too because last night I was looking for that satisfaction of something sweet and after trying three different dessert treats and nothing tasted good or satisfied my craving, I gave up and asked myself what am I really craving? Turns out I was just thirsty. If was also during this that I realized if I am looking for food to satisfy that craving, I have fallen too far off the whole30 bandwagon and need to do another one. 

>How do I find that sweet spot with calories that will keep me full and allow me to lose some weight?

Following the meal template is the first step. Next, and somewhat more difficult, is learning to distinguish between feeling full and feeling satiated.

>I gave up and asked myself what am I really craving? Turns out I was just thirsty.

Always try water first ;)

• Moderators

There is a lot more going on than calories in vs. calories out. Have you read It Starts With Food? The chapter on hormones is incredibly enlightening on how the body works with food. Eating too little will only allow you to lose weight for a short amount of time, then you will have wreaked havoc on yourself, usually resulting in weight gain because you have taught your body that calories are going to be restricted. This is how our species has survived to make it to modern times!

Only when you eat enough of whole, nutritious foods will your hormones regulate themselves and allow the weight you don't need to slip away.

Eat according to the Meal Template recommendations, every meal. These are the minimum amounts, and if you feel hungry less than 4 hours after a meal, increase your amounts until you can comfortably go 4 - 5 hours between meals. It's important not to snack, your digestive processes need a complete break between meals.

I often ate more than I thought I wanted, but if I didn't, I got hungry between meals and that made it far too easy to reach for the nuts rather than the wild sardines. I still lost a few pounds though I didn't try or expect to do so. But even better? I slept like a baby, had incredible, steady energy ALL DAY LONG, defeated my sugar dragon (cravings), had amazing looking skin, and found myself SO HAPPY for no particular reason.

PS I love your thought processes and your "fix-it" mentality!

Because I am a girl and I always over complicate for no reason :) ...

....I ordered 21 Day Fix Extreme and sat down to do some meal planning.

It's been 2 hours and I am still working on it. Then I was thinking, WTF, I did a Whole30 back in October and lost 20 lbs with no exercise. That is what works for me. Why am I trying to change what works?

My thoughts for 21 day fix extreme was that I would be able to eat more often throughout the day.

This led me to thinking: was I not eating big enough meals on Whole30? Was I not eating enough vegetables?

21 Day: Shakology would help sustain my hunger throughout the day.

Afterthought: Why would I want to have to rely on a $100+ per month supplement when I could just eat real vegetables.

I don't know what this is but if you're relying on shakes of any kind, once you quit those shakes and go back to real food, the weight comes back on real fast.

21 Day: Eat more

Afterthought: Who has time to eat every two hours? (That's EIGHT TIMES a day) - Who has time to count calories let alone the number of colored boxes?

Ahhhh, eating all day long - every two hours raises the blood sugar.  You need to let your stomach empty.  People who eat 3 meals aday lose 8 lbs more belly fat than those who eat every 2 hours.

For years, diet experts beat the “multiple small meals a day” drum—an eating rhythm purported to “stoke the metabolic fire!” Now, some researchers are singing a different tune. A study published in the journal Hepatology found that snacking between meals contributes to increased abdominal fat. Researchers say the findings suggest three balanced meals may be the way to go. Try weaning yourself off the snack wagon by nixing your morning nibble first. Research suggests mid-morning snackers tend to consume more throughout the day than afternoon snackers.

21 Day: Home Workouts

Afterthought: I go to yoga everyday. I learned on my first Whole30 that I can lose weight by eating this way, but I need to strengthen my body. Solution: home workout with weights.

Good one.

21 Day: WTF was I thinking? *Immediately looked up return policy* The results people have on 21 day are nothing compared to whole30. Also, want some support on 21 day fix? 

Afterthought: Is Whole30 works for me, why not stick with that and maybe turn that into more paleo after another round.

Alrighty then.

Details: First Whole30 in October 2014. Even though I have jumped on and off the bandwagon, I have been able to keep the weight off. I started a Whole30 a few weeks ago and got to ten days and then tanked. Why is the second Whole30 so much harder? Side note: During this second whole30 I also cut out coffee and just had tea. Maybe that was too much at once and I felt too deprived. I stayed with just tea and no coffee for 3 weeks and felt good, but now I'm back to coffee with coconut milk.

I don't know what kinds of foods you ate inbetween, but this is a big factor with the 2nd W30.  Those who may return to the previous type of eating pre-W30 may have a struggle with finding the same momentum that comes from following through without returning back to less than whole foods.

Solutions: Stick to Whole30. EAT REAL FOOD. If feeling deprived, look at making sure I am eating big enough meals, drinking enough water, and look at what it is I'm craving. Am I bored with my foods? Look up new recipes. Keep looking at the whole30 hashtag on instagram for more inspiration. Come to the whole30 forum.  There is so much support. Why would I not want to feel in control of what I eat? 

Good thinking. Now you're talking.  You do want to eat real food.  Recipes will prevent food boredom and you'll be proud of yourself for making them.

During the last few months I have been documenting little things about how I feel during whole30 vs. not doing whole30. It is insane how many things surface when not on whole30. Wrist pain, digestive issues, skin differences, heartburn, etc. 

You're right and good job figuring these things out.

A few questions for this awesome community: Have you done a beachbody program? Am I completely wrong? My goals are this: I am 5'9", 28 years old female and 165lb. I am looking to lose 10-15 more pounds. I want a flat stomach. I want abs. I notice how quickly my belly fat comes back after whole30. I want to keep it away. So what's the best plan? Another Whole30 and then transition into Paleo? Just jump into Paleo now and another Whole30 in a week or so? 

I've never done a beachbody program.  We don't have a beach or sand....just rocky cliffs with jagged edges.  Understood and appreciated that you want to look good in your suit.   

When we lose 10 lbs the first month of a W30, which seems to be a pretty common number amongst us...there's the strong possibility that many who immediately return to the old former ways will have a rebound weight gain that comes on 2 X faster than what it took to get rid of it.    

When you start a cycle of periodic dieting...off and on, off and on - you're not losing fat.   You're losing lean muscle mass.    

When a person does a crash diet of  fasting for a week...like on that goofy cayenne pepper/maple syrup thing - you can lose 10 lbs in a week.  9.5 lbs of that could be lean muscle mass and only .5 lb of actual fat.   When they start eating food again.....9.5 lbs of lean muscle mass does not come back on.

It's all fat.    This is why periodic dieting comes with a mighty high price.

There are people who lose 10 in a month and regain 10 the next month, then start all over with another W30.   They will notice more fat in the belly because that rebound weight gain is not lean muscle - it's fat they're regaining.   Periodic dieting of whole foods for 30 day and a return to old Groundhog Day foods is not a good strategy.     

Some may even get mad but that's just not fair.   If we do what we've always done, we'll get what we've always gotten.   It may take alot longer than 30 days to really grasp the concept of what a food reset is all about.

Tom Denham

Whole9 Moderator/First Whole30 May 2010

• photo-thumb-6.jpg?_r=1403697759
  • Moderators
  • w9team.png
  • 5773 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, Georgia, USA

Posted Today, 06:20 AM

When you finish a Whole30 and then eat things that don't work for you, the answer is not doing another Whole30. The answer is taking what you learn from a Whole30 to establish a menu that works for the rest of your life. What I am hearing is that you do well during a Whole30, but you are not applying what you learn works and does not work to how you eat in your ordinary life. The area for you to work on is not so much the Whole30 as reintroductions. And given how many challenges you report facing, you probably need to work on the slow roll version of reintroductions.

http://whole30.com/2...roduction-roll/

This is what a Whole 30 is all about.  Isn't that beautiful?   It's so clear.

What should I do if I get hungry in between meals? What do I do if I'm craving chocolate?

If you get hungry, don't feed the bear.   We do not need to constantly feed ourselves a baby bottle every two hours.   I don't think many of us can tell true hunger from cravings because we've become accustomed to snacking all of the time.   

It's important that we break these cycles.   The only way we can do that is to follow the book and forum.   Eat 3 meals aday and forget the snacking.   Many a good W30 goes off the rails from returning to constant snacking and feeding ourselves a bottle.   

Is anyone doing a home workout with Whole30? Should I pop that Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred that is collecting dust back into the DVD player?

There's a reason it's collecting dust.  We need to find an activity that we like ...one that's sustainable and on our own terms.   If we force ourselves to do something we don't care for, it won't last.

How do you get your husband/wife, bf/gf, etc. to join Whole30? Is consistently eating this way at home a good start?

You don't get your mate to join.  You leave them alone and let them make their own decisions.   We can't force this down anyone's throat.   If we do that, we may drive them to the Nut Hut.   Consistently eating this way is a great start.   If you follow through with a reintroduction at some point and really zero in on those foods that do you so wrong...it's great knowledge to take with you as you live your life.

Hello? Is anyone still reading? If anyone has any suggestions, comments, advice, I will be the most appreciative. XOXO

Yes, I'm still reading.  Kisses and hugs...right back at ya.  Happy Valentine's Day.

Your instincts are sound.  I don't trust any diet that requires me to buy any special supplements/materials/programs.  And I definitely don't trust any diet that tells me how MUCH I can eat.  How often, fine.  Proportions, fine.  Ingredients, fine.  But definitely not quantity.  Everyone is different.  Whole 30, 21 day Primal Challenge, and 21 day Sugar Detox are all brilliant and actually work.  Notice a theme??

I am brand new (this is my first post!) and you have already recieved what seems to be excellent advice so all I can offer is my support.  It sounds like you have used your analytical mind to realize what you already knew was best for you and that you can integrate any parts of the work out program you liked from beachbody (I rememebr having excellent results on one of their programs- something about the number 6 I think- 6 workouts a week for 6 weeks or something like that) without doing anything called "extreme 21" or whatever the name was- it sounds like the antisthesis of Whole30 (which clearly worked for you- maybe too well?)  I wish you the best as you reembark on your program and success with whatever you choose.

I am preparing to start my first W30 very soon so if you decided to go that way maybe we can be a support system to eachother - or maybe there is a board I just havent found yet for connecting with people who are starting at the same(ish) time.   :D

I am brand new (this is my first post!) and you have already recieved what seems to be excellent advice so all I can offer is my support.  It sounds like you have used your analytical mind to realize what you already knew was best for you and that you can integrate any parts of the work out program you liked from beachbody (I rememebr having excellent results on one of their programs- something about the number 6 I think- 6 workouts a week for 6 weeks or something like that) without doing anything called "extreme 21" or whatever the name was- it sounds like the antisthesis of Whole30 (which clearly worked for you- maybe too well?)  I wish you the best as you reembark on your program and success with whatever you choose.

I am preparing to start my first W30 very soon so if you decided to go that way maybe we can be a support system to eachother - or maybe there is a board I just havent found yet for connecting with people who are starting at the same(ish) time.   :D

http://forum.whole9life.com/forum/4-join-the-whole30/

You can pick a group and jump on in.   Here are the groups.

• 3 months later...

I work overnight, how does whole30 or 21 day fix program work for people that work overnight? Thanks

Hi Anna, welcome!

Just to be clear, this here is the Whole30 forum. We don't do or have information for you about any 21 day program of any description.

First off, some basic info on Whole30. We ask that for 30 days you eat clean, whole foods. Specifically, we ask that you compose meals based on protein (meat), vegetables, and fat. We recommend that you compose each meal thusly:

1. 1-2 palm-size portions of protein

2. 1-2 thumb-size portions of fat

3. 1-3 cups of veggies

Do that three times a day.

As for how to do this while doing the night shift, Michele Tam has written an article about this very thing: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/55156756199/surviving-the-night-shift

I hope this gives you a general idea of how Whole30 and the night shift could work together. We hope you'll consider Whole30. Browse around the forums and the website and get a feel for it, and if you decide to jump in, hang out here for support, ideas, recipes, etc.

Thank you everyone!! Very good points.

kirkor - my question is how do I know if I'm getting enough calories? How do I find that sweet spot with calories that will keep me full and allow me to lose some weight? I think the reason I lost so much weight the first round is because I was not eating enough? I am not sure. Do you think I should have four whole30 meals a day vs. three while doing the beachbody 30 minute home workouts and daily 1 hour of yoga? I know there is no perfect formula and it's all about trying new things - I'm working on being more patient. :)

If you're going to do another Whole 30 and up your exercise to something more intense, like JM's 30-day shred or BB, don't forget about pre- and post-workout bonus meals you should be eating. That's what helps you hit that sweet spot in providing your body the nourishment it needs to workout, recover, rebuild and continue to lose weight. You may also find you need to add more of the carb-dense veggies to your meals. You'll know - you'll get tired and cranky if you're not getting enough. On top of working on being patient, also work on letting go and listening to your body.  It will know what it needs and it will let you know in ways from super subtle to amazingly obvious.

• 4 months later...

I love your post! I am Beachbody coach but have lots of friends who do other things, including the Julian Michaels shred DVDs. The important thing is to find what works for you.

I came across this post because many in my accountability group are starting 21 Day Fix (not extreme... although I love 21 Day Fix Extreme), but I wanted to create a menu for 21 DF utilizing whole 30. Dairy & grains are not my best friends!

The most important part of health & fitness is your food, so if whole 30 works for you then keep on keepin' on! Just use that meal plan and since you already purchased the 21 DF use that for yyour fitness. Since weights are used itcwill help you tone up those muscles, but continue your yoga to help stay lean and flexible.

As for Shakeology, we drink it daily. It's not just another protein shake. I drink it because I HATE taking pills, and I'm so busy getting my 3 kiddos off in the morning it's great for my breakfast. I've also had customers go off their diabetes medicine after incorporating Shakeology, healthy eating & fitness. I figure it's the trifecta, but maybe just healthy eating & fitness would have done the same.

Again, loved your post and your thought process! I wish everyone would thoughtfully consider their health/fitness as you have! Good luck!

• Administrators

As for Shakeology, we drink it daily. It's not just another protein shake. I drink it because I HATE taking pills, and I'm so busy getting my 3 kiddos off in the morning it's great for my breakfast. I've also had customers go off their diabetes medicine after incorporating Shakeology, healthy eating & fitness. I figure it's the trifecta, but maybe just healthy eating & fitness would have done the same.

Just to be clear, shakeology is not at all Whole30 compliant and drinking shakes in the morning, compliant or no, are not a recommended way of getting breakfast in the morning whether you have kids, cats or are a single person.

• 2 weeks later...

My goals are this: I am 5'9", 28 years old female and 165lb. I am looking to lose 10-15 more pounds...

I am 5'9" and 48 years old.  When I was your age, I weighed 165 pounds.  (I'd weighed 188 at various points -- 165 was an improvement.)  I, too, decided that I wanted to be thinner.  I worked hard and, via the Zone diet, lost down to 149 for a few minutes.  Then I slowly crept back up and stabilized again at 165.  I was in good shape, doing The Firm workouts, which were the Jillian Michaels of their day.  I could bike forever, and when I took up kung fu, I got incredibly strong.

And then, life happened.  Work got really busy.  I maintained the weight but lost a little of the muscle.  When I was about 35, life went from busy to crazy.  I mean, completely, utterly insane.  Little baby, horrible breakup, ugliest and most terrifying custody battle ever, single motherhood.  I had nightmares and flashbacks for years, and because of some of what had happened, working out caused some of the flashbacks.  I couldn't eat at all for awhile, then could only stomach milk, shakes, and things like scones and corn chips.  I'm sure the xanax and lexapro didn't help.  I gained weight, and finally came out of it at 205 pounds.

That was ten years ago.  Since then, I have been working, slowly, on rebuilding my life.  My weight has bounced between 180 and 200 pounds.  I weighed 183.5 when I stepped on the scale this morning.  I have learned, through ugly, hard, difficult work, that stress is my enemy and sleep is my friend, and that stress and lack of sleep and the eating I was doing were heading me toward diabetes, heart disease, and an early death.

I say all this to point out that there a lot of paths you can take, and things to watch out for.  YES, be as healthy as you possibly can be.  And also recognize that life is going to throw you some major difficulties.  Take the time to inoculate yourself against those.  Build a close network.  Join a faith community.  Ditch the high-stress job for what you love.  Keep your loved ones close.  Learn to love like a grownup (which was really hard for me -- YMMV).  And most of all, remember that sometimes perfecting yourself is not as important as having the strength to bounce back from a truly adverse situation.

Because, well, we will all be in a truly adverse situation at some point.

ThyPeace, happily married now, and still fighting stress every day.

• 3 months later...

My goals are this: I am 5'9", 28 years old female and 165lb. I am looking to lose 10-15 more pounds...

I am 5'9" and 48 years old.  When I was your age, I weighed 165 pounds.  (I'd weighed 188 at various points -- 165 was an improvement.)  I, too, decided that I wanted to be thinner.  I worked hard and, via the Zone diet, lost down to 149 for a few minutes.  Then I slowly crept back up and stabilized again at 165.  I was in good shape, doing The Firm workouts, which were the Jillian Michaels of their day.  I could bike forever, and when I took up kung fu, I got incredibly strong.

And then, life happened.  Work got really busy.  I maintained the weight but lost a little of the muscle.  When I was about 35, life went from busy to crazy.  I mean, completely, utterly insane.  Little baby, horrible breakup, ugliest and most terrifying custody battle ever, single motherhood.  I had nightmares and flashbacks for years, and because of some of what had happened, working out caused some of the flashbacks.  I couldn't eat at all for awhile, then could only stomach milk, shakes, and things like scones and corn chips.  I'm sure the xanax and lexapro didn't help.  I gained weight, and finally came out of it at 205 pounds.

That was ten years ago.  Since then, I have been working, slowly, on rebuilding my life.  My weight has bounced between 180 and 200 pounds.  I weighed 183.5 when I stepped on the scale this morning.  I have learned, through ugly, hard, difficult work, that stress is my enemy and sleep is my friend, and that stress and lack of sleep and the eating I was doing were heading me toward diabetes, heart disease, and an early death.

I say all this to point out that there a lot of paths you can take, and things to watch out for.  YES, be as healthy as you possibly can be.  And also recognize that life is going to throw you some major difficulties.  Take the time to inoculate yourself against those.  Build a close network.  Join a faith community.  Ditch the high-stress job for what you love.  Keep your loved ones close.  Learn to love like a grownup (which was really hard for me -- YMMV).  And most of all, remember that sometimes perfecting yourself is not as important as having the strength to bounce back from a truly adverse situation.

Because, well, we will all be in a truly adverse situation at some point.

ThyPeace, happily married now, and still fighting stress every day.

I hope everything is going well for you now.

I am a technically obese, with high blood pressure, 51 yo person, who wishes I had had all this information when I was in my 20s or preferably even earlier. I am an extremely active person who plays tennis several times a week and also I work out several times a week and have learned you cannot out exercise a bad diet!! I have dealt will illnesses that all have to do with inflammation and am currently dealing with a disease of my esophagus which is inflammation!! I have literally been on almost every diet there is. I have lost weight on every one of them, to only gain back more after. All of these so called diets were based on flawed information that fat is bad and that all calories are the same. By taking fat out of your diet to make food taste palatable the food industry has to add sugar. Look at most processed "healthy" "low fat" foods and you will see the amount of sugar it takes to make it taste good. Now on to my point, you can not look for quick fix "diets" to loss weight, the point is to get healthy and the only way to do that is to eat healthy good for you foods. I wish I had known about the style of Whole30 eating a long time ago. I just finished my first whole30 and am feelin better and more in control than I ever have. I eat 3 meals a day and have no in between meals cravings, this is a first for me. I still want to discover what foods are the cause of my inflammation so I know to really try and avoid them, but I really do not miss any of the food groups that have been eliminated from my diet. A diet is not a temporary fix it has to become a lifestyle choice!!

Archived