Your Whole30 Island

ladyshanny

If these are just the foods you'd bring to an island, you could get really sneaky and bring non-food items separately..  like a fishing rod.  B)

except I have never had any luck with a fishing pole.... My sis married into a fishing family, she was always the girlie girl and I the tomboy. Never thought she'd ever fish or hunt and she is now proficient at both... I apparently have ADD as could never sit long enough to catch anything...Maybe I'd have to try spear fishing! :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

except I have never had any luck with a fishing pole.... My sis married into a fishing family, she was always the girlie girl and I the tomboy. Never thought she'd ever fish or hunt and she is now proficient at both... I apparently have ADD as could never sit long enough to catch anything...Maybe I'd have to try spear fishing! :D

Fishing spears aren't food. Neither are crabbing nets. So those couldn't count against your number of foods either.

How long are we supposed to be on this island anyway? Just for 30 days? Or should i be thinking seeds?

I can't imagine that I'd be able to hunt, I'd feel too guilty. Heck, I felt guilty after SO shot the groundhog that had been terrorizing my garden. And I'd had it out for that groundhog. I have doubts that I could fish either.

If these are just the foods you'd bring to an island, you could get really sneaky and bring non-food items separately..  like a fishing rod.  B)

I was thinking about this thread lately and had this exact same thought. I'm thinking I may revise my list. ;)

I might be able to find sweet and acidic fruit and maybe figure out how to make coconut oil. I'd also have to process some flake salt. I guess also on most tropical islands you could find taro and some kind of green. But within the bounds of the purely hypothetical:

sweet pots

whole chicken (meat and broth, fat)

ground beef

cabbage (some for sauerkraut, too)

ginger

lacinto kale

red leaf lettuce (or combine into "greens" and add pork shoulder)

olive oil

avocado

limes

• 4 weeks later...

I'm totally gonna cheat and say ...

Animals

Plants

Healthy Fat

haha :)

Ok I'll give it a real go...

Ground Beef

Whole Chicken

Cabbage

Broccoli

Coconut (oil and milk)

Tomato

Bell Pepper

Avacado

Leefy Greens

Coffee and Tea

Plus I'd be on an island so I could have all the fresh fish and seafood I want!!

I love the chicken=eggs idea as one item, but if I had to count them separately, it would be:

Eggs

Chicken

Red peppers

Coconut (raw, oil, and butter)

Ground beef

Sweet potatoes

Gala apples

Beets

Brussels sprouts

Bananas

Hmmm, I'm gonna say......

Chicken/Eggs

Beef - I'll find the tools to grind it if necessary to add variety!
Avocado

Spinach

Sweet Potatoes

Carrots

Ghee
Olives

Beets
Coconut (meat, oil etc)

I think!

Is there electricity for my slow cooker...?  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love this thread.....

Can I say "mayo" or do I need to have "eggs, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and mustard" as separate items?  I'll say "no" to make it easier......

MAYO

cabbage

beef

pork

carrots

sweet potatoes

broccoli

coconut

olives

garlic

At my teeny tiny health food store.   You can order it from Amazon.   I've been using it for a year.  It's so mild and never interferes with the taste of any food.  At some point, my gut said no more coconut oil for me, Maw!

MacNutOil.JPG

• 5 months later...

Hmmm, I'm gonna say......

Chicken/Eggs

Beef - I'll find the tools to grind it if necessary to add variety!

Avocado  Cucumber

Spinach Kale

Sweet Potatoes Parsnips

Carrots Tomatoes

Ghee Lard

Olives Zucchini

Beets Turnip

Coconut (meat, oil etc)

I think!

Is there electricity for my slow cooker...?  :lol:

My updated list - Funny how the foods we eat change over time.......

I'm assuming also that I can fish off this Whole30 Island cos I'd be lost without my fish hit, although I could probably trade the turnip.

1. cage-free eggs

2. ghee

3. sweet potatoes (with cinnamon as an implied spice)

4. avocado

5. bananas

6. Justin's almond butter

7. crio bru roasted cocoa

8. homemade chicken salad (this includes several different ingredients, so this may be cheating!)

9. homemade mayo, with the potential to create chipotle mayo using implied spices (also, includes a few ingredients, so this may be cheating!)

10. ground beef

Oh my gosh, this is so hard!  I would need at least 30 items on my island!

Archived