Starting to develop rashes on my right hand, which looks very similar to a condition I had when I took to homeo meds many months ago. Is this an allergic reaction to some food, or is this part of the phase of "pushing out" remnant diseases/allergens from the body? thoughts would be appreciated.

I have been having these rashes now for a coupe of days. Today it has become more pronounced.

Well, we went to a friend's home and she made a salad for us with our needs ( I took some spicy yams with me too). For the meat, we had smoked ham/turkey/eggs. I went for the eggs, but did taste some smoked ham. After returning home, I was having a bad headache (could have been the stress of driving hours back and forth too ), but within a day, I started noticing some hives-like allergy on my right hand. Then yesterday, we had to lunch at church for which I cooked beef chili, but we also ate some sauerkraut with meat. Now, I'm not sure if anything in either of those dishes had any allergens in them. 

I'm about ready to give this thing up. 

I also have developed rashes. Mine are not itchy as of right now, which made me wonder what was going on. Changing my diet is the only thing I've done in the past month + that could be causing it.

Here's some other troubleshooting I've found while researching (also I have a dr appt this week to see if it's something else).

1. You might be slightly sensitive to eggs, but never had it show up before now. Are you eating more eggs on Whole30 than you do off it?

2. You may have introduced a 'new' food into your diet that you are allergic to; for me potential culprits are coconut (milk), avocado, and turnips. I occasionally eat those in my regular diet, but not as often as I do on whole30. 

-If it's not a severe food allergy it can take a couple of days for the symptoms to appear.

-e.g. A girl I used to nanny was allergic to bananas, but it would take her 24-72 hours after ingesting one to break out in a rash. 

3. If you had allergies (specifically hay fever) as a child, you can have it as an adult. In some cases seasonal allergies will manifest in adults as rashes instead of congestion and itchy eyes. 

Hope this helps! 

Archived