what's for dinner...April?

rizzo0904

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This week was

Monday: Kahlua pig

Tuesday: ground pork, onions, peppers, green beans,zoodles all tossed with sunshine sauce.

Wednesday: fiesta pork chops, sweet potato wedges, green veg

Today : cod coated in seasoned tapioca flour, green veg, pan fried plantains, green goddess dressing

Tomorrow will be buffalo chicken and zoodles.

Last night was leftover pot roast, green beans with 21 seasoning blend, and roasted potatoes. The potatoes were possibly the most amazing thing I've ever put into my mouth and I'm not sure why. Guess my body needed the starch. I have more potatoes for my lunch today and I'm kind of excited.

Dinner will either be salmon or shredded pork, something green (cabbage or I maybe Nom Nom Paleo's curry broccoli soup), and roasted plantains.

I went to a new butcher shop and got meat for my pressure cooker. Short ribs, pork shoulder, and beef for stew. All Nom Nom Paleo recipes. We will probably have the short ribs tonight, with potatoes and Brussels sprouts.

I had forgotten about "crashed" potatoes....might have to do that.

We've been rocking leftovers the last few days. Last night was leftover chicken made in our new pellet grill (we grill all year round, even in montana, this was such a fun purchase!), with avocado mango salsa and steamed broccoli. Tonight was well fed's Italian pork roast that I pulled out of the freezer, atop a big bed of spinach, kale and chard, with roasted asparagus and sweet potatoes. Halfway through the meal, I realized how good an over easy egg would have been on top of the greens and pork. Good thing I still have more pork in the freezer!

Taco stuffed zucchini tonight--hopefully my oven doesn't die this time around, because the LAST time I made stuffed zucchini the element in the oven blew and we ended up BBQ'ing them! They were good, but I sure hope the oven holds on this time! lol!! I have frozen broccoli and cauliflower that I will probably cook too and have some olives and avo on the side. 

I'm making golden cauliflower soup from Well Fed 2 and our friends are going to grill some veggies and fish. And avocado cream sauce. Oh man. I've been fantasizing about this meal for the past several hours of  my work day.

• Administrators

I'm making golden cauliflower soup from Well Fed 2 and our friends are going to grill some veggies and fish. And avocado cream sauce. Oh man. I've been fantasizing about this meal for the past several hours of  my work day.

That is my FAVOURITE soup!  Enjoy, sounds so good!  

• Administrators

So this was my first time having a baked potato since starting whole 30. They suck without butter. No more baked potatoes for me.

Try it with homemade mayo? I can't say I've ever put it on a baked potato but I dip oven roasted baby potatoes in it all the time and a potato is a potato, so....?

• Administrators

I swapped out my dinner last night. I decided to do my grocery run a day early since it's raining today and I absolutely HATE getting groceries in the rain.  Anyway, I was thankful that I had prepped a pot of Nom Nom Paleo Curry Brocoli soup on the weekend so I put that on the stove, to heat and refried some shredded chicken drums.  It was darned tasty!

Tonight is the pork stirfry in sunshine sauce!

So this was my first time having a baked potato since starting whole 30. They suck without butter. No more baked potatoes for me.

Dollop of ghee instead?

I haven't tried mayo on a white potato, but diced sweet potatoes dipped in mayo is mindblowing.

What about serving it with chili ladled over the potato? I love that--so good, or you could do it with a curry as well. Or you could cut it in wedges and cover it with sauteed veg with maybe some chopped compliant bacon, chopped up sausages or other meat? (A place I worked did something similar and called it stuffed potato skins) 

Archived