what's for dinner...April?

rizzo0904

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I had the chicken nanking from well fed 2 for the first time tonight. Delicious.

Did you think it was worth the effort?  I keep looking at that one and then keep changing my mind, for whatever reason I feel like it's kind of work intensive.  If you think it's worth it though, I'm going to throw it on the menu for next week!

Did you think it was worth the effort?  I keep looking at that one and then keep changing my mind, for whatever reason I feel like it's kind of work intensive.  If you think it's worth it though, I'm going to throw it on the menu for next week!

Yes ... It isn't a quick and easy meal for sure but I marinated the chicken yesterday so all I did today was veg and sauce. I did have to make kickass ketchup and apple sauce from scratch which added to the work but you could do all the prep in your own time then it comes together in minutes. Definitely worth it, yes.

Brisket slow cooked with cloves, all spice berries & cinnamon bark, white potatoes, carrots, leeks & cabbage. This a real wintery comfort dish so probably won't be having this for a while as the weather is starting to heat up...

• Administrators

Y'all cook such nice dinners on Fridays!  

Friday for me is "Chef's Night Off" and it's each for his or her own.  Husband is going out for dinner with his mom (local cheap chain restaurant, gag!) so for tonight I'll be having leftover sunshine pork and cabbage stuffed into an omelette with a lovely, creamy coconut milk coffee latte while sitting on the couch watching PVR in my pajamas!

I've got Cuban beef in the crock pot.

As for the baked potato...why didn't I think of ghee?!?

I do ghee on plain baked potato.  Once I did "taco potatoes" and used some cilantro lime mayo. it was fan-freaking-tastic!

Dinner for me tonight I think will be spaghetti squash with some ground bison marinara.

Last night's dinner was fridge velcro stirfry. We cleared out all of the pre-cooked meat and veg:

-Kahlua pork, rotisserie chicken, and bacon

-Roasted snap peas

-Roasted sweet potato

-Roasted asparagus

Hubster tossed everything in a skillet to heat through and I made the tahini dressing from Well Fed 2 with the optional add-ins of coriander and cayenne. Pretty damn good! And I even have leftovers for my lunch which I plan to eat alongside some hearts of palm.

I just made myself really hungry reading this thread, thankfully it is home time soon.

we have been eating a lot of mistkratzerli which are small Swiss chickens that are free range and eat whatever chickens like to eat, they are incredibly juicy and tender. Most delicious! I've also been eating lots of asparagus pan fried in duck fat, i will continue to do that as long as it is in season.

Last night was a toss together batch of meatballs--1 lb lean ground beef mixed with 1 lb of compliant bacon (Kirkland's low sodium bacon) that was starting to get a little long in the tooth that I ground up in my food processor. I added in a minced red onion and 3 cloves of garlic minced, 5 minced mushrooms, 2 eggs, a couple spoonfuls of almond meal, along with thyme, sage and rosemary. Made a baking sheet of meatballs and baked them off at 350 for about 35 minutes and served them with zucchini, carrots, italian green beans (LOVE THEM) and cauliflower with some homemade mayo to dip them in. YUM!! 

Had the leftovers tonight--tasted even better!

Archived