Oh My- ZUCCHINI NOODLES

Bridget

I received my copy of Well Fed this week and have already tried out a few recipes- all winners. BUT- I don't know if I will find any recipe as awesome as the Zucchini Noodles Aglio et Olio.

This is AMAZING. I just texted DH @ work to tell him he may never want pasta again.

I am so psyched to be finding these easy, yet 100% compliant recipes that even my kids think are great ! Can never get my 10 or 13 y'olds to eat zucchini. Today's new recipe may have changed that !!

This recipe alone is worth the cost of the book. And then some!

Yipppeeeee

I just made this the other night and even dh agreed that it was pretty awesome! I didn't even get the recipe from a mag or website. A few months ago I ate at a restaurant and in my salad was very thinly julienned zucchini, which at first I thought were soba noodles, they were that thin. So I went on a quest to learn how to make zucchini like that and ended up buying this from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Messermeister-Pro-Touch-Orange-Julienne-Cutter/dp/B003CT3S00/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346874897&sr=8-2&keywords=messermeister+julienne+peeler. It is life changing! The other night I made my very first batch of "zudles". I sauteed them in olive oil and garlic until soft. Amazing. Didn't even taste like zucchini. I will make this over and over again until I am sick of them!

yeah, I love cincinnati chili over spaghetti. Before going Paleo, we had made about a quadruple recipe of the stuff and froze it. I would look at it with envy when I got in the freezer. My husband found a machine that creates spaghetti strands out of the zucchini (it does other things to veggies but that is what we've used it for). I was in heaven! I could have my chili and like it too!

My copy of well fed hasn't arrived yet but I have seen many recipes to yummy zucchini noodles so will have to get a julienne peeler ready to go for when the book comes.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good julienne peeler?

• 2 weeks later...

I splurged and got this machine. Actually a bargain at $35! I am now a zucchini noodle addict. I salted like it said in well fed but second time just made the noodles and sautéed right away in garlic and evoo. Delish and easier!

http://www.amazon.co...ag=roltheboo-20

I agree on both counts. Great recipe and LOVE my machine. :)

Archived