A-Amylase Question

I'm not sure I found the right section of the forum for this question so please do move if there is a more suitable place.

I had my appointment with me dermatologist/allergist this morning to see if he could pin-point in a doctorly fashion the cause of my eczema. A couple of the results were no surprise, I'm allergic to cats & various pollens but I have known this for years. Dust mites was a new one for me. The food ones were a little more surprising, I have an allergy to apples, bananas and eggs. He told me if I eat them it won't kill me but my reaction is strong enough to recommend not eating them again.

The one that has me confused is that I showed an allergy to a-amylase which I gather is an enzyme produced by the body to break down carbohydrates. Can anyone shed more light on what this actually means in real terms for me and what I should or shouldn't eat? How does the body manifest an allergic reaction to this? Any information would be gratefully appreciated. 

A-amylase is an enzyme that is used to break down starches into their smaller carbohydrate components. It's found naturally in grains and, industrially, is used to produce high fructose corn syrup and ethanol. None of these are things you'll be eating during the Whole 30, though.

Archived