Its may!! what's for dinner?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicken salad! yummy chicken salad with celery, onions, mayo, salt and pepper and a touch of garlic powder. Had it on a bed of romaine with 1/2 an avocado. It is starting to get warm so cold salads will be the name of the game for dinner and lunches-- that and firing up the grill!

Tonight we are having spare ribs, baked potatoes with ghee, home cooked bacon bits  :wub: and green onions and a lovely baby green and spinach salad with radishes and other yummy veg. MMMMMM 

I have a pork tenderloin planned for tomorrow. It was on sale $3.00 off and had to snap that up! The ribs were $3 off and I grabbed 2 pork butts (5 lbs each) for $.99 a pound. Yea! Thinking about grilling the tenderloin tomorrow--maybe do some grilled veggies as well.  

I have a pork tenderloin planned for tomorrow. It was on sale $3.00 off and had to snap that up! The ribs were $3 off and I grabbed 2 pork loins (5 lbs each) for $.99 a pound. Yea! Thinking about grilling the tenderloin tomorrow--maybe do some grilled veggies as well.  

Would you care to share where you get your pork?

Tonight we're having spaghetti squash with meatballs and marinara sauce. It's all made and ready to heat up. Cooking in advance pays off at times like this when I have a hectic weekend at work.

Rebe-- I typically get my pork at Costco (in the Galleria) but Raley's has their pork butts on sale $.99 a pound since it is Cinco de Mayo this week, and they had most of their other pork on sale and some that are marked down as they were getting short dated. I love it when I am able to grab the short dates because I have a big cook up and then have plenty of meat ready to go for lunches and dinner and typically breakfast too! I am thinking about grabbing a couple more pork butts because I love pulled pork. 

At Costco, I get the big pork shoulders -- 25 lbs+ and full loins and then cut them up myself. I typically will cut the shoulders into 5-6 pound pieces and the loins I cut into roasts and 1-1/2 inch chops. I should get one and make it into sausage one of these days, and mix some shoulder into it for extra fat. yum! I will also set aside a couple chops specifically for stir fry too. 

Paleomg Buffalo Chicken Pasta but with zoodles instead of spaghetti squash. A house favourite!

Oh yes we LOVE this dinner here. So good!

Tonight we're having zoodles, red peppers, onions, green beans and ground pork all stir fried and tossed in sunshine sauce.

Tonight we're having roasted chicken with roasted potatoes and salad. I made a delicious coconut crusted cod this past weekend with pineapple salsa and asparagus. DELICIOUS! Ramps are in season right now so I've been thinking of creative things to do with them.

• Administrators

Oh yes we LOVE this dinner here. So good!

Tonight we're having zoodles, red peppers, onions, green beans and ground pork all stir fried and tossed in sunshine sauce.

Haha, what you're having is a favourite at ours too!  

Haha, what you're having is a favourite at ours too!

I think it's the zoodles plus sauce plus meat thing. Too good.

I made my sunshine sauce with almond butter for a change as sun butter is £££ here. Not so good, tasted a bit sweet for my liking. Better with the sunbutter.

• Administrators

I think it's the zoodles plus sauce plus meat thing. Too good.

I made my sunshine sauce with almond butter for a change as sun butter is £££ here. Not so good, tasted a bit sweet for my liking. Better with the sunbutter.

Oh, interesting, I've only ever made it with almond butter.  But I always add a little extra lime juice and a lot of extra ginger because those are two of my favourite flavours.  I did it with a cashew/almond combo last week but that was a bit too....cakey for me, didn't like the cashew.

Oh, interesting, I've only ever made it with almond butter.  But I always add a little extra lime juice and a lot of extra ginger because those are two of my favourite flavours.  I did it with a cashew/almond combo last week but that was a bit too....cakey for me, didn't like the cashew.

I only had one lime to hand or I would have added more, I do think that would have helped. I'm guilty of only really using almond butter in sweet applications (hello swypo paleo baking) and it was a bit, yes, cakey.

It would be more cost effective to make it work with almond butter so I'll try your tweaks next time, thank you. Maybe more chilli too and a bit more salt .....

• Administrators

I only had one lime to hand or I would have added more, I do think that would have helped. I'm guilty of only really using almond butter in sweet applications (hello swypo paleo baking) and it was a bit, yes, cakey.

It would be more cost effective to make it work with almond butter so I'll try your tweaks next time, thank you. Maybe more chilli too and a bit more salt .....

I'd love to amp up the chili to help cut the sweetness also but my husband's nickname is Baby Tongue, so I can't go there.  LOL.  (PS.  I gave him that nickname. He doesn't love it.  Wonder why!? LOL)

Dinner tonight will be a BIG salad with baby greens, baby spinach, romaine, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers and other veggies topped with slices of pork tenderloin slightly warmed up. Maybe some roast sweet potato too? Going to do a mustardy vinaigrette to have with it. 

Archived