Its may!! what's for dinner?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight I'm having a larabar, a couple handfuls of mixed nuts, a green smoothie, and some paleo pancakes drizzled with chocolate sauce & double cream for dessert.

Nah, just kidding! It's NNP's kalua pig with homemade mayo, and my fave salad of chopped par boiled baby spuds with tomatoes, boiled beetroot, onion & avocado  :D

Today, I'll be eating dates, nuts, nut butters and Larabars for Meal 1.

Meal 2 will be a smoothie

Snacks - 5 fruits

Meal 3 a kick in the hindend

Meal 1 Rainbow Trout, roasted vegetables, 3-4 eggs, homemade coleslaw with pomegranate 

Meal 2 Salmon, roasted asparagus, frisee greens, lemony balsamic reduction

Meal 3 Steak salad with roasted purple potato, homemade guacamole and salsa

EVOliveOil in my green tea and MacNut Oil in my 2 oz espresso

Last night was grilled fish with guacamole and sriracha mayo (bless NomNomPaleo for the sriracha recipe), "Mexican" cole slaw, and mixed veg (purple potatoes, onions, squash, asparagus, beets).

I could eat the fish/guac/slaw combo for forever.

• Administrators

Last night for us was a mish mash of veggies (mushrooms, snow peas, zuke, red pepper, broccoli, power greens) and some sliced cooked chicken breast and sliced cooked pork tenderloin all stirfried until done and then tossed in sunshine sauce.  It was alright....not much to look at, but tasty enough.

Tonight is another simple one, Kirkland marinara with a couple pounds of cooked ground turkey. Hubs will have noodles, I'll have.....maybe a sweet potato?

Check this out...just found it at Slow Roasted Italian:

Chipotle's Copycat Barbacoa
SERVES 12  |  ACTIVE TIME 15 Min  |  TOTAL TIME 6 Hours 15 Min

2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
3-4 pound chuck roast, fat trimmed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 bay leaves

Sauce
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
6 cloves garlic
4 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground clove
4 chipotle peppers (from a can, packed in adobo sauce)
1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from the chipotle pepper can)
1 cup chicken broth (or 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon chicken base)
¼ cup fresh lime juice

Prepare roast.  Make sure all visible fat is trimmed.  Cut into 8 chunks.  Sprinkle all sides of cut beef with ½ of the salt (1 teaspoon), reserving the remaining 1 teaspoon.  Set aside.

In a blender or food processor combine the sauce ingredients.  Blend until smooth.  Set aside.  If you do not have a food processor or blender, see cook’s note.

Warm a heavy bottom pot over medium high heat, until water dripped over top sizzles.  Add oil.  Sear all sides of cut beef.  Once all sides are seared, place seared beef into slow cooker.  Set slow cooker temperature to high.  Pour sauce over top. Add bay leaves. Cook for 5-6 hours on high (or 8 hours on low) covered.

After about 5 hours (or 7 hours on low) shred beef using 2 forks to pull it apart.  Taste, and add additional teaspoon of salt (as needed), stir to completely coat in sauce.  Cover and cook for 1 more hour.  After this time you can serve and enjoy or turn slow cooker to warm until ready to serve.

To create burrito:  Layer* pico de galloChipotle’s Copycat Cilantro Lime Rice and Chipotle’s Copycat Barbacoa on a large flour tortilla.  Additional toppings of Chipotle’s Copycat Guacamole, sour cream and cheddar cheese are also exceptional. *Click on link for recipes

Serve and enjoy!

*Cook’s note:  to prepare the sauce without a blender, mince the garlic and chipotle peppers.  Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.

PRINT RECIPE

Recipe developed by Donna Elick - The Slow Roasted Italian 
Copyright ©2014 The Slow Roasted Italian – All rights reserved.

LOL Another one for pork here - pork chops with sauteed leeks, cabbage, chopped tomatoes & onion with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon & a handful of garlic stuffed olives...

We're having pan-fried chicken tenderloins with baked potatoes (sweet for me, russet for Hubby), roasted Brussels sprouts, green beans, sliced tomatoes, and maybe a small slice of honeydew melon.

Did anyone try the bed of kosher salt for your roasted potatoes?

This is still on my to-do list. I actually ran out of kosher salt and am down to himalayan salt for cooking and a finishing salt for serving.

Leftovers tonight~ Well, let me back up a bit-- we are watching the 2 year old son of some friends of ours who went in yesterday to have twins. So Friday night we had the couple and their son and both grandmas over for dinner. So I made a TON of bbq chicken, hamburgers, mixed green salad with various other veggies--broccoli, mushrooms, celery, cucumber, etc, grilled corn (for the non W30's among the group--everyone but me!) and roasted asparagus. I also made a sweet potato salad, because the mom to be doesn't like eggs or mayo and feels that she can't eat nightshades. So I roasted up some sweet potatoes, peeled them while warm and tossed them with a vinaigrette of raw apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, rosemary, basil, oregano and thyme, salt and pepper. After they were cool, I tossed in some chopped green onion and celery--really good! 

Tonight will be last of the grilled chicken tossed in a salad for dinner for us, and for their little guy and ours, just some chicken and veggies, along with some pickles and olives. 

I love to hear you talk (or read what you type!) about your food SpinSpin - it always sounds like you put so much passion & feeling into your cooking... I love that.M

Me, too. My mouth is watering. I may have to make a sweet potato salad like that.

Thanks you two!  :wub:  I love to cook and back in 97/98 I went to culinary school. I had a wonderful time, and once I get going talking about food I have a hard time stopping! Glad you both like hearing about the food I make -- I love to share what I do! 

Keep em' coming!

Many years ago, I owned a small restaurant. It was the most rewarding (and butt-kicking hard) work I've ever done. There's something special about sharing food and seeing people enjoy it.--- It's a bonus when they're willing to pay for it. :P

Keep em' coming!

Many years ago, I owned a small restaurant. It was the most rewarding (and butt-kicking hard) kickbutt.gif   work I've ever done. There's something special about sharing food and seeing people enjoy it.--- It's a bonus when they're willing to pay for it.yes.gif

Archived