Its may!! what's for dinner?

Ribeye steaks, broccoli and roasted potatoes - but I might have the cauliflower rice I made this morning instead of potatoes.  

That sounds good--either way.

We're having leftover Carnitas, kale, sliced tomatoes, applesauce.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roasted chicken breasts with homemade bbq seasoning and roasted veg--red skinned potatoes, broccoli and brussel sprouts--I was going to make a salad, but warm veg sounded much better! Herbal tea--unfortunately, the little boy we were watching was sick and now we are all sick too! So pushing the liquids and I am looking at warming up some bone broth and adding a healthy dose of sea salt to it for something warm on our throats! 

On Tuesdays, we usually clear out the leftovers, so I can start filling the refrigerator again. I have enough spahetti squash cooked for a dinner, so we'll have that with meatballs and Marinara sauce. ---we still haven't gotten tired of it. :)

Let me know how that pad Thai is. I want to try making it this week...thanks!

Roasted chicken, baked potatoes with ghee, salad, zucchini, and berries. I also made my first paleo dessert, which I know is not compliant....

Leftovers again tonight! Last day for the chicken breasts I cooked the other night, along with fresh roasted potatoes and broccoli. Nice, simple and requires little thought for this here sickie! Hubby said he will take the last chicken breast and leftover roasted veg for his lunch tomorrow. Thinking tomorrow will be meat patties for dinner and salad most likely, maybe some more roasted veg. Have bible study, so will have to be quick! Another dine and dash! LOL

I made crockpot butter chicken last night...http://www.onelovelylife.com/slow-cooker-butter-chicken/?hc_location=ufi

It was good!  Served it with cauliflower rice, and I was supposed to make eggplant but I ate it at breakfast, completely forgot.  

I was supposed to make a roast tonight and I forgot to take it out of the freezer yesterday!  I guess I'm doing this:

http://deliciouslyorganic.net/slow-cooker-pot-roast-crock-pot/

Tonight is fish. Specifically Rockfish from the seafood program I just joined. It puts local fisherman together with people who want truly fresh fish, sort of like a CSA for seafood. I picked up my first 1/2lb share today and can't wait to cook it.  I'll most likely have it with potatoes and broccoli with ghee, or maybe make a mayo-sauce. Mmmmm!

Last night was leftover sunshine scramble made with pork and  a pile of snow peas. After dinner I was still starving (probably because I had skipped breakfast) so dinner number 2 was a couple of diced compliant hot dogs (Applegate Farms brand), cooked shredded cabbage, saurkraut, and green onion. The hot dog/cabbage/kraut combo has become a new favorite at our house.

• Administrators

The hubby is away this week and I eat eggs for nearly every meal.  1) because I love them and he doesn't really and 2) because from make to eat to cleanup is super fast!

Last night I roasted some halved baby potatoes and a tray of brocoli and then sauteed some chicken with some green beans, kale and pilpelchuma seasoning and then poured 6 scrambled eggs into the pan and let the whole thing set.  Half for dinner last night, half for lunch today.  Methinks this will be tonight's dinner, too! ;)

Ladies it all Sounds delicious I'm making salt and peppered chicken thighs with sautéed fresh escarole greens baked sweet potato and broccoli

I'm also trying something my family probably will not try: fresh chicken livers onions sautéed finished with chopped boiled eggs

We too are fish eaters 2x week in this house but not today lol

The hubby is away this week and I eat eggs for nearly every meal.  1) because I love them and he doesn't really and 2) because from make to eat to cleanup is super fast!

Last night I roasted some halved baby potatoes and a tray of brocoli and then sauteed some chicken with some green beans, kale and pilpelchuma seasoning and then poured 6 scrambled eggs into the pan and let the whole thing set.  Half for dinner last night, half for lunch today.  Methinks this will be tonight's dinner, too! ;)

What is pilpelchuma seasoning?

• Administrators

What is pilpelchuma seasoning?

It's a garlic chili blend, Jewish/Libyan, I think.  It comes in a four-spice tower from Trader Joes with Ras El Hanout, Zhoug (Holy, SO good!) and some Sumac.

Here it is on Amazon, but of course they sell it at TJ.

http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Spice-Route-Experiences/dp/B00KQ4SFDE

We eat this a lot and we had it for lunch today:

Basic recipe (So simple.  You all probably make this already.)

1.  Lightly steam a large amount of assorted vegetables.  

2.  In another pan,  brown some kind of ground meat.  (Lamb is our favorite.  Buffalo is good, too.  Hamburger is fine.)

3. When all is lightly cooked,  combine.  Add some garlic, if you like, and some herbs of your choice.  S and P.

I prefer this to stir-frying,  which I am not adept at.  The veggies stay bright and crisp.

• Administrators

Always kiss your dogs,  Goodnight.   

Always! Good night, good bye and hello. Kiss it out! It's especially great when she's already snoozing and I can kiss her on her super soft cheeks. So sweet.

... then poured 6 scrambled eggs into the pan ....

Ha! I got this far and was thinking 'Whoa, either I've been SERIOUSLY been under-eating, or ladyshanny can really pack it away...!", then I read on - phew!! :P  

Archived