Its may!! what's for dinner?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a garlic chili blend, Jewish/Libyan, I think.  It comes in a four-spice tower from Trader Joes with Ras El Hanout, Zhoug (Holy, SO good!) and some Sumac.

Here it is on Amazon, but of course they sell it at TJ.

http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Spice-Route-Experiences/dp/B00KQ4SFDE

Welp, guess I'm going to TJ's this weekend. :D

And on the subject of dogs... My rescue pup has the softest, squishiest little thighs in the world. I'll sit on the couch and tell her that she has the bestest little Bella thighs in the world while I pet and squish them. She is not amused! :lol:

• Administrators

And on the subject of dogs... My rescue pup has the softest, squishiest little thighs in the world. I'll sit on the couch and tell her that she has the bestest little Bella thighs in the world while I pet and squish them. She is not amused! :lol:

Let me know what you think!  I loved the zhoug too!

• Administrators

Haha, that's cute!  Picture?

This is Bella while we were on a road trip. She spent ALL NIGHT running around the hotel room and trying to figure out how to get up on the bed with us (she's blind and won't jump up, but she climbs like a champ) so my husband and I barely slept. Then, once we get up and start packing the car, she parks it on her pillow and decides it's bedtime. She's my problem child. :lol:

1001135_529263785119_648824681_n.jpg?oh=

• Administrators

This is Bella while we were on a road trip. She spent ALL NIGHT running around the hotel room and trying to figure out how to get up on the bed with us (she's blind and won't jump up, but she climbs like a champ) so my husband and I barely slept. Then, once we get up and start packing the car, she parks it on her pillow and decides it's bedtime. She's my problem child. :lol:

AW!  Is she really that small? Is that a regular bed pillow?  Sweet heart!  

Will she not let you put her on the bed? Or you didn't want her in bed?

AW!  Is she really that small? Is that a regular bed pillow?  Sweet heart!  

Will she not let you put her on the bed? Or you didn't want her in bed?

Yep! Regular sized pillow. She's curled up extra snug and tiny in that picture, but she only weighs about 9 pounds.

We used to let her sleep on the bed with us sometimes, but after she went blind, she lost the ability to navigate down stairs, safely jump off furniture, etc. She navigates partly by bumping into things with her nose instead of feeling with her feet, so we're afraid that she'd go tumbling off the bed if we're not keeping an eye on her.

For lunch: (our main meal of the day)

Some cod fish from Trader Joe's.  These are frozen bits and pieces.  Cheap, but not especially tasty.  I baked the pieces with a sauce made from olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and a handful of herbs from the garden.

This was served with fresh asparagus and a big salad.  The leftover lemon sauce was good on the veggies, too.

Made tacos for the fam and taco salad for me.  Its just not the same without the cheese, taco sauce and sour cream!   If anyone has a yummy taco salad recipe, link me up!  We have tacos about twice a month, so I'll need it in 2 weeks :)

I make my own taco seasoning. What do you mean by taco sauce?

I make my own taco seasoning too.  What I mean by taco sauce is Ortega or Old El Paso taco sauce.  I'm used to having a drizzle of that on top of my sour cream ;)  

What I should have done with my taco salad was make guacamole rather than have avocado slices.  I had a huge burger with guac tonight for dinner and it was so delicious.

Archived