Its may!! what's for dinner?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got the pork, butternut and spinach stew that was in the wholesome newsletter a while back. I doubled the protein though with an extra lb of cubed pork as well as the minced pork. All other quantities the same. Much better, delicious.

"Chili Dogs" is what's for dinner tonight!! Homemade chili, made with ground beef so its more chili dog chili like, and the chicken and apple sausages from costco (adiles) cauliflower mash to have it on and a salad on the side, chopped red onions on the chili dogs--would love to have some kraut to go with, but didn't think to grab it while out. 

I REALLY want to make Cincinnati style chili over zoodles--no cheese or beans--but it does sound good! I had it once on pasta and never again! My blood sugar was crazy for a couple of days after that! 

I finally tried sardines with mayo. OMG! I think sardines may replace the role of canned tuna in my life. Pulled some leftover sweet potato cubes out of the fridge and used those to "mop up" my bowl.

Last night we finished off the Mexican beef (next time, I'm cutting the roast in half), the last of the roasted Brussels sprouts, and potatoes with ghee. I now have a plan for better Leftovers Management. :P

I've served Paleo-Chili over spaghetti squash. It was a hit. I'm not a fan of zucchini, so I'm hesitant to make zoodles... but I'd love a new kitchen gadget.

My shopping/cook-up schedule got disrupted this week....but it was worth it to get a new dishwasher installed.  Today, I have pork for Kahlua Pig in the pressure cooker, short rib bones standing by for broth, and more Brussels sprouts to roast. If I have time, I want to grind up some chicken and make Chicken Cacciatore Meatballs, or Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.

• Administrators

I had two packages of ground chicken and a package of bacon in the freezer. I cut the bacon into "bits" and fried it until super crisp then threw some fresh garlic into the fat until it was fragrant and then drained the fat.  Mixed the bacon/garlic with the ground chicken, some garden chives, onion powder, S&P, dash of Frank's Red Hot, pattied them and then on an oven rack over a cookie sheet at 500F for 15 minutes.  Served them topped with a mound of fresh guacamole and a side of coleslaw w/ raisins & pepitas and some steamed brocoli to make it all green-like!

Most delicious burger I have had in a WHILE.  I claimed the leftovers for tonight!  ;)

Greek village sausage (pretty much like chorizo) with sweet peppers shallow fried then cooked in chopped tomatoes, heavy on the olive oil, & lots of freshly chopped chilli & paprika - served up with sauteed mixed greens & some kalamata olives (& maybe a dollop of garlic potato mash)...

Just finished my menu planning for the next few days:

Monday - mock lobster, melted ghee for dipping, broccoli, rice for the family

Tuesday - spaghetti bolognese - spaghetti squash for me, salad

Wednesday - crockpot thai chicken, with either cauli rice or zoodles.   I am super excited about this!  Using cashew butter instead of the peanut butter, adding some thai red chili paste, and unsure about the sesame oil - book says it shouldn't be heated, so maybe a smidge of tahini.  Problem is...the jar I have is all chinese!  I need it translated, to make sure its compliant.  I'm bringing the jar to work to ask one of the boarding students from China :)

Thursday - 5 Napkin meatballs (not using cheese of course)  

Friday - going out for dinner!  Nervous.  Went out for breakfast last week and stayed compliant no problem.  Dinner seems a bit trickier.  

Just finished my menu planning for the next few days:

Wednesday - crockpot thai chicken, with either cauli rice or zoodles.   I am super excited about this!  Using cashew butter instead of the peanut butter, adding some thai red chili paste, and unsure about the sesame oil - book says it shouldn't be heated, so maybe a smidge of tahini.  Problem is...the jar I have is all chinese!  I need it translated, to make sure its compliant.  I'm bringing the jar to work to ask one of the boarding students from China :)

What about adding the sesame oil at the end when you dish it up? That way, you could do it to taste, and you wouldn't need to worry about the sesame oil being heated! Just a thought!

Got another pork shoulder in the crockpot--we were going to do it yesterday, but it wasn't quite defrosted all the way so had sausages instead. Looking at roasting some sweeties to have with the pork, and possibly broccoli and mushrooms too. I would love to grab a cucumber to have along side the pork too.  

Last night was a taco bowl: spinach, 100 days of real food taco meat, tomatoes, 1/2 avocado (forgot olives sniff sniff)

Tonight: Kalua pig, sweet potatoes, maybe some fried cabbage done in ghee, olives or avocado along with it

Doing a mixed grill tonight--leftover pulled pork, crisped in the oven, London Broil, roasted veggies-- sweet potatoes, broccoli, baby carrots and zucchini, and I am thinking a simple baby green/baby spinach salad

Mixed Grill... a while back, I had small bits of several types of protein leftover and didn't know what to do with it. I heated it up and called it Mixed Grill. Added lots of vegetables and Husband thought it was great. He frequently asks when we're having it again.

I haven't had the usual time to plan, shop, prep, cook, etc this week. I did have time to steam-bake some potatoes in my pressure cooker and make the Mexican Beef from NNP. That's tonight's dinner, along with some summer squash and assorted raw vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, bell peppers.

Archived