Starting May 11th

Debzella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking for good compliant mayo recipes. How did you make yours, Swithy? i don't have the book yet, so I'm making my own meal plans using their recommended measurements. Are the meal plans easy to follow?

I love the mayo on theclothesmakethegirl.com.  It is soooo super easy.   I always add garlic powder.  I also like the flavor of the extra virgin olive oil.  So I will fill half of the 1/4 cup with extra virgin olive oil and then the rest the light flavor olive oil.  To me the light flavor olive oil is bland...   

Hope this helps. :)  I know you didn't ask me personally but I thought I'd add my two cents. :)

Kristina

• Administrators

My husband and I are starting our first one on May 11th. My biggest addiction is Starbucks skinny vanilla lattes. I'm my attempts to drink coffee any other way I finally realized I hate coffee, and just love really sweet milk. This has sabotaged all my other attempts at sticking to clean eating. So as of tomorrow, no more coffee. My other big challenge will be my nighttime munchies when I want to eat All The Things.

Looking forward to sharing this with you all!

Make sure you eat a large enough breakfast to start with, nighttime munchies can be caused by eating too small a breakfast, eating fruits at the morning meal (not everyone, some people report this) and eating fruits and dried fruits as snacks.

The mayo from the book calls for an egg blended with a little olive oil and mustard powder, then adding in another cup of olive oil while the food processor is running. At the end, some lemon juice. It tastes like regular mayo when mixed in with tuna, but on its own, it has quite a strong olive oil flavor (I only had extra virgin olive oil on hand). If I make it again, I will buy light flavor olive oil. Also, it's kind of green. 

Has anyone tried their ranch dressing recipe? It's the homemade mayo mixed with coconut cream, some vinegar and spices. It's good, but doesn't really taste like ranch dressing. Not sure I would slather it on a salad like the real stuff...but I guess that's the point. :) 

I actually just made nom nom paleo Ranch which is similar to the recipe in the W30 book, using the mayo I made yesterday. I mixed it with a can of tuna and ate it in butter lettuce wraps. The dressing is good, but I agree it doesn't taste like actual ranch. It was bland (I used tuna packed in water). I think I'll mix in some dijon mustard next time.

I'm missing my morning latte, but I'm drinking lots of green tea to try to keep the caffeine headache away. Seems to be working so far.

Just for a bit about me, I work full time, but at home so I have access to my kitchen. I am mom to three kids, ages 6,9 and 11.

Greetings!

So nice to have a big group - Let's challenge us to keep this group going - every single one of us for the Whole30 days!!!

My coffee was blah without the stevia - i don't even use a whole packet and I still miss that little bit of sweetness. I'm actually hoping to get rid of that need by the end of this and drink completely black coffee forever! We will see...

B - 2 scrambled eggs,  Baked Ham, 1 slice crumbled bacon, 1/4 sweet red pepper

L - Mixed greens salad, pork loin, EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar

Snack - 1 Macintosh apple

D - Braised beef (crock pot), carrots, salad with EVOO, B Vinegar

Drinks - H2O

Exercise - ugh didn't get to it today - This is another challenge for me. I went from swimming 3-4x weekly to walking a few days/week, to almost nothing - Long winter and the weather is still crappy! So, this is another goal - to get back to regular exercise.

1 day almost down, 29 to go!

:D

Jeanie

Hello Everyone! I started today, Monday, May 11 ! So far today, so good. Made my clarified butter, ate well today. Looking forward to hanging out with you all! Going to Whole Foods to get some more stuff tomorrow! So excited!

Greetings!

So nice to have a big group - Let's challenge us to keep this group going - every single one of us for the Whole30 days!!!

My coffee was blah without the stevia - i don't even use a whole packet and I still miss that little bit of sweetness. I'm actually hoping to get rid of that need by the end of this and drink completely black coffee forever! We will see...

B - 2 scrambled eggs,  Baked Ham, 1 slice crumbled bacon, 1/4 sweet red pepper

L - Mixed greens salad, pork loin, EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar

Snack - 1 Macintosh apple

D - Braised beef (crock pot), carrots, salad with EVOO, B Vinegar

Drinks - H2O

Exercise - ugh didn't get to it today - This is another challenge for me. I went from swimming 3-4x weekly to walking a few days/week, to almost nothing - Long winter and the weather is still crappy! So, this is another goal - to get back to regular exercise.

1 day almost down, 29 to go!

:D

Jeanie

Make sure your ham and bacon are compliant. If you're in the US, it's especially tricky to find compliant ham.

Yay day 1 is done! Breakfast was ground pork with kale, spinach, squash and adobo peppers. Lunch was two eggs fried in coconut oil with salsa and blueberries. Dinner was a salad, then roasted chicken, potatoes and broccoli. 

For exercise, I did yoga this morning. I have been trying to do yoga every day.

Hello, friends!!  I started yesterday, but will post with you if you don't mind.  I'm 36 years old, married, mother to 10 year old twin girls.  I'm currently at a healthy BMI, but lots of tummy trouble (I'll spare you the details) and constantly feel like I'm in a fog, can't focus on anything.  I love to work out.  I lift weights about 5x a week and go to spin 2x a week. 

I actually blew it yesterday.  My tuna in water contained soy :(  I'm not starting over.  I've always had an afternoon snack and an evening snack.  Had an apple yesterday afternoon and some pistachios in the evening.  Did not have an afternoon snack today and will try to skip the evening.  Making some hot tea now to see if it satisfies me.  I had taken a variety of tea bags out of the boxes and put them in a jar.  I got the one that didn't have any flavor or anything.  Just "green tea".  Surely it's compliant!!

Oh.  And this is my first Whole30.

Does anyone else here use TwoGrand?

It is a food tracking app where you take pictures of your food to track it.  Think if myfitnesspal and instagram had a baby.  It is such a fun way to track your food.  If you use it, follow me.  I'm amanda79

Day one is done!

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs, asparagus drizzled with olive oil, a slice tomato, black coffee

Lunch - Green salad with chicken, avocado, tomato and mushrooms, olive oil, pink Himalayan salt and pepper

Dinner - Pan-fried mahi-mahi with lemon juice, broccoli, roasted sweet potatoes

It was amazing. I wasn't hungry between meals, and didn't need a snack. Usually I graze all day. My sister wanted to bring me bakery cream puffs when she came to visit tonight. I politely declined.  :)

I tried to drink more water, and am having herbal tea before bed.

I did not exercise.  :(  

I work full-time weekends, so today was my "weekend" to unwind and lay around. Tomorrow, water aerobics!

I love to read everyone's meal plans…. and thank you for the mayo recipes. I'm going to make it tomorrow.

Hello everyone

Day 2 going well so far - I have a headache but since I consume around 12 mugs of coffee (black no sweetener) each day I did expect that. About to make chicken bone broth in the pressure cooker and then butternut squash soup. I think a protein salad for lunch so am going to try to make the mayonnaise. Jeanie793 I have also gone from regular exercising (walking 5-7kms five days a week to nothing!!! Partially due to back problem but also that dreadful lethargy that has become my constant. I am planning to begin walking again next week - walking up to pick up my granddaughter from school next Monday as a start. thanks to everyone who has shared their meal plans. I did roast chicken last night I popped some garlic cloves in under the skin but was not overly fond of it next time I think I will use clarified butter and herbs. . 

Made the mayo - very happy with the result. spent most of the afternoon in the kitchen partially because I did not plan well - decided to make the mayo and then realised I needed a blender!!! :o  so I went out and bought one (I had other appliances but not one I could drizzle liquids in through the lid). While i was in the shop I saw they had a special on Hawkins pressure cookers so I got that too - that took care of this months allowance  :rolleyes: anyway all set up now. 

breakfast - left over roasted vegs in scrambled eggs (whisked with water)

lunch - cold left over BBQ salmon with tomato, celery and avocado salsa dressed  with vinegar and oil

dinner - pumpkin soup made with chicken bone broth made in pressure cooker this afternoon.

had an evening coffee - that was 5 in total today will try to cut that back a bit more tomorrow.

good luck tomorrow everyone

Day 1 went well but I wish that I had prepared more in advance so that I would not have to spend so much time thinking about/

researching the web for recipes. Also, have not stocked my pantry well. Gonna stay on track but realize this first week is going to take some additional planning and work. Dreamed last night that I licked the back of a spoon and had to start over

(and that nightmare came only on day 1!!!!).

My breakfast this morning was enjoyable: Baked a white potato in the microwave. Sauteed onions and mushrooms in coconut oil then added in potato and browned well. Poached egg for the top and finished it off with salsa.

Have a great day.

Day 2!! No headache here which is great, however I'm having other TMI items <_< ... After yesterday's beautiful dinner I felt like I was eating WAY too much fat, but a simple google search "too much fat Whole30" I learned that I'm Ok. I also have an issue with portion control and binge eating in the afternoon while making dinner. I didn't binge eat (I ate my last Tuna cake around 3pm. I know that I shouldn't snack, but I felt like I needed it so I wouldn't binge when I got home. It did the trick!). I'm learning more and more about my kitchen. I'm nervous about my produce going bad. Is there any tricks or tips on this?

I really didn't know how to cook before this... I would make some items, but most of those items were preprocessed!! My husband seems to be on board too and ask for me to pack his lunch like my. He may not follow strictly, but I keep telling him about the reviews of more energy so he is looking for more energy throughout the day. With 2 little ones it is so hard and them keeping us up at night.... but I'm making this a priority. I posted on facebook for anyone local that knows of a farmer that I could buy a whole cow from (grass fed/free range). I hope to find something. We have deer meat which we are eating up now and some frozen chicken. I also was thinking of picking up a turkey and making that on Sunday and eating it throughout the week. 

I had CRAZY dreams last night. I slept well, but I dreamed a lot. Then this morning while in the shower my mind wondered of nacho and cheese and ice cream. I'm not even on day 10 yet! I am going to need support. I have started a blog to keep me focus and accountable and went public on FB too. http://whole30nickie.blogspot.com/

Hope everyone else is doing well!! My food has never looked so pretty! 

20150511_112001.jpg

It was a long winter here too. I was doing yoga everyday (New Year's Resolution….) but stopped as the winter dragged on. I'm glad for the support here, and I'm going to get back into exercise now.

I'm 59 years old and have had autoimmune issues for about twenty years. Usually, I wake up feeling like I was hit by a truck. This morning I woke up with less pain. (In fact, as I'm typing, I keep thinking, "That's weird…. my fingers don't hurt!") That tells me that I'm on the right track with this, and I'm so motivated to keep doing it. 

How is everyone's progress?

Have a great Day Two everyone!

I attempted to make the mayo on Sunday and it was an EPIC fail! I didn't know the process was so delicate. I don't have a food processor, only a blender. Can I hand whisk the mayo? Anyone have tips or tricks? I've been watching youtube and it looks so easy... 

Hey Everyone! I'm totally joining in!

Today is my day 2 and this is my 4th Whole30! My life has been unusually hectic the past 4-5 months (selling a house, traveling, packing, moving) so I desperately need to get myself back on track. I've been feeling sluggish and out of control. My past Whole30 have been hugely successful when I've used these forums and had that accountability. So, I'm excited to here. We're all in this together. 

Cheers! :D

Debzella - I'm a fellow wino. That's probably one of the most difficult things for me during W30. That and mexican food. However, I feel SO MUCH better without both. 

And good for you for weighing in and taking measurements. You'll be amazed at your progress after the 30 days! 

I'm so happy there are so many of us starting today? How is everyone doing, so far? I see there are a few of us wine connoisseurs here. I'm actually looking forward to 30 days without it, even though I enjoy it so much with dinner, or with cheese. I know I eat a lot more calories when I have wine, plus the calories of the wine itself. So, that alone will help, I think. I did my pre-whole30 weigh in (Ack!) and took my measurements. (Double Ack!) I couldn't bear to take a "before" photo. My rolls are burned into my brain anyway. I won't forget. lol. 

Amanda - I always use Instagram and love it! I'll have to check out TwoGrand though! Sounds amazing! :)

Oh.  And this is my first Whole30.

Does anyone else here use TwoGrand?

It is a food tracking app where you take pictures of your food to track it.  Think if myfitnesspal and instagram had a baby.  It is such a fun way to track your food.  If you use it, follow me.  I'm amanda79

Archived