Start date June 1

Elissa W

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife's birthday is June 1st so we're starting June 2nd.  We always go out for a nice meal on her birthday and get dessert.

In the meantime, we are planning and getting the kitchen ready.  I'm also using the time to kind of prepare myself and try out some of the meals.  

Youhou !!!!! I'm also starting the challenge the first of June ! I think I'm gonna love it.... but I will be struggling with chocolat arrrrrgggggg.... and it sounds weird but chewing gum also ! And you???

:P

I'm trying to gear up to start my second W30 June 1st. I did my first W30 almost a year ago...and finished successfully, but didn't follow thru by maintaining a paleo or similar lifestyle. I need to do this again...and this time follow thru. I'm not looking at this as just a 30 day plan, but a kickstart to a sustained healthier lifestyle. Coming here to get ready and build my support network.

This is my first Whole 30 so I'd rather do it with a group of people. I initially was going to start May 26th but I know I'll need the extra support of those going through the same struggles! I completed a month of paleo and got derailed pretty quickly after. I'm going to spend the next week or so detoxing from the bad things and prepping for the Whole 30.

I am starting close to June 1st. I get back home on may 31 and need to clean out my pantry and go shop for groceries, then I'm IN! Meanwhile im reading whole30 and preparing. This will be my first time doing whole30. I need to break my addiction to sugar and carbs which has escalated recently.

I am excited! I believe my challenge will be night time snacking (junk food) and Ame toki, also chewing gum! 

Have just made the decision to start on June 1st, this will be my first time with this program, I really want to succeed! Am not one to easily ask for help but am trying to step out of my comfort zone so would welcome the opportunity to share with others through this process,

My husband, 3 1/2 year old, 1 year old and I are also starting on June 1st. I'm so excited about beginning this program, I'm reallying striving to lead by example and show my children how to make healthy food choices. I've made not so healthy choices for most of my life, and I'm SO ready to jump off that bandwagon! :)

I am a little nervous about finding meals that my kids will enjoy as well, so I will be on this site a lot over the next week and a half.

Can't wait to see those results!

I plan on starting June 1 as well. I just recently heard about Whole 30 and ran out and bought a copy of It Starts with Food. I'm almost done with the book ( I bought it yesterday!) ready to see if I can get rid of my destructive sugar habits!

2 more days to go before June 1st start! Everyone ready? Gearing up for shopping and food prep this weekend! I expect this will be a challenge, I am taking my girls on our first vacation ever to the beach on June 8, it will not be easy to stay on track but am determined!

Good luck everyone!

I'm back for a June 1st start date too!  Would love to join this group  :)

I did my first (and only) Whole30 in January and really liked it.  Kept mainly to the Whole30 way of eating and found a good balance. 

Now I'm returning from a month of lots of travel which ended in a 2 week trip to Europe.  Loved every moment and all the food and drinks, but now is time to get back to "normal."  Funny thing is ... harder than I thought.  I've been back for a fews days and just can't seem to get myself back on track.  All I want is SUGAR and more SUGAR!!!  UGH!

So ... Whole30 time!  

Participating in a group was a huge help to me last time.  My rough time is at night, so I read the posts, write about my day and it helps get me through the witching hours.

So "see" you all on Monday!  Have a great weekend!  Let the prepping begin ...

Starting June 1st as well on my first Whole30! My husband is 97% on board and will be 100% if I can have things cooked and ready for him to take to work.  I'm still on the fence about having my kids involved. They don't eat too terrible right now but I'd like to do this as a whole family.  Breakfasts make me nervous. I get overwhelmed searching for recipes since most of them look complicated when you are used to pouring cereal in a bowl and BAM! done. About to go do my shopping armed with my lists and printouts of what I can and can't buy!

Wish there was a compiled weekly shopping list for the 30 days with simple recipes planned out exactly so I could follow that along. All the blogs, pinned recipes, paleo but not compliant recipes, etc make my eyes cross after hours of trying to make my week 1 schedule. 

I'm staring June 1 too. Just got back from stocking up at Trader Joe's. My cart was less full than normal - and a LOT more expensive. I did expect that.

My problem will be dealing with snacking and temptation at work - there is always chocolate, candy, donuts - I've actually never had a donut there but the chocolate will be hard. That's just one of many challenges - but I would really like to succeed. Have heard and read too many positive things.

Going out to dinner tonight. I won't binge, I always eat healthy, but I'm sure dessert will be calling my name!

Wine won't be a challenge either - and that's the part most of my friends object to.

Hope this board can help get me through the 30 though I am enlisting friends and husband too!

I am starting my second round tommorrow June 1... completed the first in April with some fantastic results. I have continued to eat along the guidelines of whole 30 but have managed to let too much SWYPO back into my life, which is nice momentarily, but a disaster for me afterwards. The thing that kept me focused and committed the first round was the forum group I was in and checking out how everyone was coping, realizing I wasnt alone in the way I was feeling at that particular moment.. Theres also a daily timeline which for me was pretty accurate..Today I will be slow cooking some pork as well as a few days supply of veges so that I know I am prepped and ready to go.. Good luck everyone and I will be chatting to you all along the way.

Archived