Start date June 1

Elissa W

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'm in, too!  I've started and restarted several times since the beginning of this month, getting as far as 9 days in before "falling off the wagon" and using it as an excuse to eat everything off-plan I could find, because "I'll start again tomorrow!"  

My screen name "HealthyAnnie" is partly true, partly wishful thinking.  I think if I claim it, it will help keep me on-track.  I became a runner by joining a running group, and if I can do that, we ALL can succeed at this!!

Good luck to everyone!!  ;)

Hello Everyone! What an exciting Journey we are starting on June 1, 2015! This is my first Whole30 and I am ready to regain my health and loose the weight and addictive behavior with food!! I am a 52yr old grandma and married to my best friend husband of 35 years(on June 7th!)

Blessings to all of you, and I am CHEERING you on!!! WE can DO THIS!!

I'm starting my first Whole30 June 1st too! I was recently diagnosed with GERD, and have been overweight for years. I am so excited to bring on this challenge, to make positive changes to my health, and hopefully influence my husband and daughter as well!

Starting day 1 on June 1 as well. Not sure how I'm going to make it without gum! I recently stared buying sugar free, aspartame free gum and thought I was being "healthy", but the rules say no, so I guess I'm going to have to learn to live gum free

Looking forward to starting this program with you all!

Me and my husband are starting 1 June too. This is my 3rd Whole 30. Since the last one, in January, I've tried to keep to paleo principles, but with many wobbles as I try to find balance along the way. Perhaps it's more honest to just say that I eat less processed food and less sugar than I used to. For me the hardest part of the Whole 30 is that it forces me to feel my feelings, instead of being able to bury them in food. And sometimes I just don't want to feel the feelings, you know?!

My goals for this time are to lose a couple of kilos, exercise at least 3 times a week, and read paper (as opposed to electronic) books, because I know it helps me manage stress better. 

Good luck everyone! See you on the road  :)

Starting June 1st too.... Have a couple of big events in June with no doubt lots of alcohol involved but will offer to drive and therefore won't drink. Like the idea of catching up with the forum in the evenings, this is my chocolate time .... Hoping to substitute for green tea?!

What are you all doing to prep today? In between the 100000 other things I need to get done, am cooking a dozen hard boiled eggs, making some luxurious, exotic iced green tea, and marinating chicken tenders in olive oil, balsamic and lots of garlic for grilling and using cold.

A bit nervous about snacking at work - the time between meals is dangerous.

Tomorrow is the day!!  A new start.  My young adult daughters and I are doing it together.  I've been doing lots of prep.  I'm putting this week's meal plan on the fridge, along with Melissa's suggestion of three "go to" meals that take less than 15 minutes to make. My goal is to have three precooked meals in my freezer by the end of the week.  

Let's do this!!!!!!!  :D (The big smile is because I'm not miserable yet)

Well, I'm all prepped and ready!  

Frig is full and freezer has some back-ups (that I already had in the freezer!!).  Last time I did the Whole30 it was winter and I made lots of soups, stews, chili, etc.  Now that it's summer, I'm more in the mood for lighter, fresher flavors.  Seems easier to prep  :)

My dinner plans got cancelled yesterday, so I decided to start Saturday.  I was worried I might be tempted to do a final sugar binge (I know my sugar dragon well!) and end up very miserable on Monday.  My college kids are home for the summer and the kitchen has more temptations than normal ... makes it tough to resist.

So day 2 in the books, and all is well.  Hope you all had a good prep too!

My husband, 3 1/2 year old, 1 year old and I are also starting on June 1st. I'm so excited about beginning this program, I'm reallying striving to lead by example and show my children how to make healthy food choices. I've made not so healthy choices for most of my life, and I'm SO ready to jump off that bandwagon! :)

I am a little nervous about finding meals that my kids will enjoy as well, so I will be on this site a lot over the next week and a half.

Can't wait to see those results!

My little ones are the same age - can't wait to hear how your 3 year old reacts to the changes. Mine will have a field day. Keep strong mama :-)

I am starting my second round tommorrow June 1... completed the first in April with some fantastic results. I have continued to eat along the guidelines of whole 30 but have managed to let too much SWYPO back into my life, which is nice momentarily, but a disaster for me afterwards. The thing that kept me focused and committed the first round was the forum group I was in and checking out how everyone was coping, realizing I wasnt alone in the way I was feeling at that particular moment.. Theres also a daily timeline which for me was pretty accurate..Today I will be slow cooking some pork as well as a few days supply of veges so that I know I am prepped and ready to go.. Good luck everyone and I will be chatting to you all along the way.

Thank you for the inspiration, and all the best for your next leg.

Archived