Start date June 1

Elissa W

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone - I'm starting today, too, with my husband.

Last summer I did my first round of Whole 30 that turned into a Whole 105.

In January I did my next round, but it was bad timing for me. I completed it successfully, but I was traveling a lot and I ended up being resentful

I didn't enjoy it at all.

My food is prepped and ready to go for today. Looking forward to feeling terrific again!

Hi folks!

I did a couple W30s, tried a W90, which ended in disaster...and since then for some reason have really slipped back into the sugar/dairy thing. I do great all day, eat paleo, feel good, then after dinner I'm DYING for something sweet, which ends up to be a box of something sweet, and I feel awful. I'm not new to this so I know it's totally do-able, but also very challenging for me. I have a lot of kids and a very busy life with a very unpredictable schedule. The group setting is VERY helpful for me, so I'm in, starting today (June 1).

I know I will need to really work on planning ahead for cooking, especially because my kids are home for the summer in a few days, and that always involves lots of extra cooking.

The other thing I know is I need to REALLY manage my environment. No kidding myself that I will 'stay out of' stuff that's around the house. My kids survive just fine without cookie treats etc. etc. They get plenty of treats off site at other people's houses and events, so they're not exactly deprived :)

So my goals are:

- manage my environment.

- Be unapologetic about my own needs-don't let social events/pressure guilt me into eating non compliant stuff. In the end I am in total control of every bite that goes in my mouth.

- Post on this forum each evening during the 'witching hour(s)'-the evening time when I typically cave in and go for the sweets/sweet drinks.

I technically started this past weekend to get myself used to the rhythm, but consider June 1st my official start date.

My 28th birthday is June 22nd and I'm giving myself the gift of health this month.

Happy 30, everyone!

Hi! This is my first whole 30. Just got back into town from a trip and I need to go grocery shopping, so all I had to choose from this morning was the few whole 30 foods my family had in the fridge: eggs and sliced plantains. One hour later I feel like I am missing something - must be the cravings for bread or the kind of breakfast sugar (cereal) I usually have. 

Good luck on day 1! we got this!

Starting today, June 1st. This will be my first time taking the challenge, but I've been preparing for months. I've been gradually trying to make this change, and I am looking forward to a real commitment to myself for a full 30 days. I know I can do anything, and completing this challenge will be a tangible example. Can't wait to see the results! I am hoping this will be a positive impact on my significant other as well. He seemed pretty excited to jump on board! Good luck to everyone!

My first Whole30 as well...spent the whole weekend alternating between cofident and overwhelmed.  I work really long hours (12 hour days) so prepping ahead is not just a luxury but a lifestyle already and I need to be able to pack two meals each day.  I had my plan, got everything prepped and was all ready to go...and then left my packed food at home!  Argh!  So me.

Oh well, nothing like starting with a challenge, so it will be a forage at the market kind of lunch break but I am undaunted but really wishing that Whole Foods that is opening any day now was opening today!!! 

Meal 1 was scrambled eggs with sauteed red pepper and onion and a sprinkle of roasted cumin, some blueberries and cashews.

Elissa,

I, too, am starting today with a sister-friend from back home. I am excited as well, but nervous. Controlling my eating and cravings has never been easy; and as I get older, they get worse. To top it off, My mother and I suffer from not being able to eat foods we don't have a taste for. To eat because I am hungry without really wanting it is the equivalent of not eating, and then I am hungry within minutes, as if I never ate the first time. BUTTTT.....I want to change that! I want my health back so I am praying this is step 1.

I've been doing a slow roll into my first Whole30. Replacing meals here and there over the past week that would be complaint with the Whole30 plan. I technically started yesterday; wanted to give myself some wiggle room in case I slipped up. Didn't go grocery shopping until Sunday afternoon but I was successful in completing the day. I officially start today though and will follow through until June 30!

My only issue so far is that I've been experiencing headaches over the past couple days. I think it's a combination of a sugar/caffeine detox and probably not eating enough. Coming up with a plan now to beef up my meals!

Excited to join you all!

Woohoo!  Meal 1 done and enjoyed - frittata with mushrooms, oninos and spinach, sauted in clarified butter, half an avocado and honeydew melon.   I brewed some homemade chai tea to nuture myself from my usual morning steaming coffee  . . . candy.

It's definitely a different kind of satisfied.

My goal is to drink tons of water and stay busy!

Good luck to everyone starting today.

Kim

Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I are also starting today, June 1st! We've been slowing moving towards a Paleo diet however we're going to make that extra push and do the Whole30...I'm pretty nervous as I've ALWAYS failed at my weight loss attempts. I'm hoping this time, with the support of my boyfriend we'll be feeling better within the month! First matter of business is to find us some approved Bacon....HERE WE GO!!! 

I'm restarting today because I realized that my almond milk had an off plan ingredient.  Then after dinner I got terrible heartburn due to over zealous use of cayenne pepper powder which wouldn't go away even after several bottles of water with ACV.  So I decided to take some papaya enzyme which always does the trick for me but is non-compliant, but since I had to restart I decided being able to sleep was more important than keeping to the plan.  I was on day 15 yesterday, so a bit frustrated and disappointed, but still committed.  I had gotten past all the hard stuff and am really in the groove now so I don't think it's a problem, just mentally difficult.  

Good luck to everyone!!!

DH and I are starting today, too! We've been mentally gearing up for the past month, and adding compliant foods to the grocery lists for the coops I order from. Saturday was shopping for the fresh veggies, and we pretty much cleared out the non-compliant meats from our meat CSA, so I think we're ready to go. Spinach frittata, 1/2 avocado, and 1/2 banana for breakfast this morning, and packed our salads, chicken breast, homemade salad dressing, and serving of  fruit for lunch. We also did a couple of practice meals this past week. We're both looking forward to  reaping the benefits of doing Whole30. Onward and upward! :-)

Archived