I gained weight on Whole30, What to do now?

I completed my first Whole30 on May 19th, I loved every second of the program. I felt fantastic the entire time, had endless energy  and just felt GOOD, it is a feeling that is hard to explain. I did not do this just for weight loss, but when I stepped on the scale I went from 147 pounds at day 1 to 151 pounds. I followed the program to the T but have been going back and forth in my head all of the possible reasons I may have gained. Maybe my body was not comfortable at 147 pounds (I was following Weight Watchers up until the start of Whole30) and the 150 mark is where my body just naturally falls? Maybe I put too much cashew butter on my morning banana? I was never hungry and sometimes skipped meals, could that have done it? I was doing PiYO, could it be just muscle weight? 

I actually finished out last week on Whole30 (so a total of 33 days) and then had some wine and some legumes, corn and cheese this weekend and it did not sit well with me, I felt very sick yesterday so I am back to my beloved Whole30 foods today. Question is, should I do another round of Whole30 and see where I am then? I guess I am just a bit confused since I have personally never seen anyone gain weight (I thought if anything I would maintain my weight) My husband did it with me, we ate about 90% of the same foods and he lost 10 pounds. 

Again this is not 100% weight loss for me, the other benefits of the program FAR outweigh a few pounds (I never have that gross full feeling, I wake up ready to go without an alarm, I have so much energy!) I just don't want to keep doing what I am doing and gain even more if I do a second round starting tomorrow. Any tips, advice would be appreciated! 

It would help if you posted 2-3 days worth of meals for you, including pre and post WO meals, portion sizes, water consumption, nightly hours of sleep and how often and how long you did the PiYO exercise, along with any other activity.

One thing that sticks out to me is the banana and cashew butter in the morning. I wonder how often your meals followed the recommended meal template of 1-2 palms of protein (compared to your hand palm size, not your husband's), 1-3 cups of veggies, and a compliant fat? Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30 and are intended to be used on a limited basis.

Skipping meals might have contributed to your current situation.  Also, did you have meal 1 within an hour of waking?  You want to do that for optimal hormonal balance.

It would help if you posted 2-3 days worth of meals for you, including pre and post WO meals, portion sizes, water consumption, nightly hours of sleep and how often and how long you did the PiYO exercise, along with any other activity.

One thing that sticks out to me is the banana and cashew butter in the morning. I wonder how often your meals followed the recommended meal template of 1-2 palms of protein (compared to your hand palm size, not your husband's), 1-3 cups of veggies, and a compliant fat? Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30 and are intended to be used on a limited basis.

Skipping meals might have contributed to your current situation.  Also, did you have meal 1 within an hour of waking?  You want to do that for optimal hormonal balance.

Thanks Chris! 

My typical meals look something like this

M1: two eggs, a generous serving of butternut squash or sweet potato, coffee with coconut milk and a banana with cashew butter 

M2: either compliant sausage, grilled chicken, pulled pork with a veggie (squash, broccoli, etc.) 

M3: was usually my smallest since I was rarely actually hungry for M3. It would usually be eggs with sausage or some other left over meat and a veggie if I had it on hand

I caught myself eating dates and raisins A LOT in the beginning, so I threw those out because I couldn't be trusted with them, definitely a trigger food for me. I never ate pre work out or post work out meals. I always did PiYo in the evenings after work, so M3 would follow PiYO (if I was hungry) sometimes I would just have a handful of nuts for dinner because I truly did not want anything to eat and nothing sounded good to me (and I LOVE eating so this feeling was new for me)

I always ate M1 within an hour of waking, it was always my favorite and biggest meal. I was always hungry for breakfast (about the only meal of the day that I was actually hungry)  My water intake is great, I drink it all day at work and constantly at home. I sleep a minimum of 8 hours per night and the PiYo exercises were 35 minutes max and that was the longest workout. 

I wonder if the nuts are causing bloat for you?  You might try dropping the nuts and nut butters in this next round and see if that makes a difference for you.

When eggs are your sole protein, the serving size is the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand without dropping them. For most folks, that's 3-4 eggs.

What were your fats at meal 2 and 3?

If you're not that hungry after PiYo, I'd suggest at least having the post-WO meal of protein and carb, no fat. Even if you have a couple bites of each.

As an aside, did you take measurements before and after the Whole30 you just completed?  Do you notice whether your clothes fit differently? What I'm trying to get at: is there a chance the weight shifted on the scale, and your body composition changed?

I wonder if the nuts are causing bloat for you?  You might try dropping the nuts and nut butters in this next round and see if that makes a difference for you.

When eggs are your sole protein, the serving size is the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand without dropping them. For most folks, that's 3-4 eggs.

What were your fats at meal 2 and 3?

If you're not that hungry after PiYo, I'd suggest at least having the post-WO meal of protein and carb, no fat. Even if you have a couple bites of each.

As an aside, did you take measurements before and after the Whole30 you just completed?  Do you notice whether your clothes fit differently? What I'm trying to get at: is there a chance the weight shifted on the scale, and your body composition changed?

I am definitely going to cut out the nuts this round, I think I fell into a bad habit of eating them just because I could which caused me to overeat them especially the cashew butter (so addicting!)  

My clothes definitely fit differently. I am buying all XS or S shirts and dropped at least a pant size (if not more in some stores) so my body definitely changed even if the scale didn't. I suppose I was just discouraged, I follow a lot of Whole30 people on instagram and everyone dropped some good weight so to see the scale jump up for me I was very surprised. The 30 days were honestly a breeze and flew by, now that I have one round under my belt I am going to make some small tweaks and hopefully I just won't gain anymore weight

Maybe my body was not comfortable at 147 pounds (I was following Weight Watchers up until the start of Whole30) 

As you know from the WW, your points add up to a low  1000 or 1200 typically for women.  You can eat anything for the grand tally for the day...can even be all snacks if you want to as long as you stay within the points (calorie limit).

Maybe I put too much cashew butter on my morning banana?

I was never hungry and sometimes skipped meals, could that have done it?

I caught myself eating dates and raisins A LOT in the beginning, 

Yes, to all of the above.   A calorie is not a calorie.  Too many fruit sugars and nuts can cause gain.  The body will latch onto those or fly them straight to the belly quicker than grilled fish and roasted vegetables with a good fat.

Good decisions you've made to cut those out.

All good advice above. The thing that sticks out for me, though, is your size: you wear a small or extra small in clothes, but still feel you need to lose weight. Why? Do you hope to become an extra-extra small? why? I would do some hard thinking about goals here. If the idea of the number 150 seems "too high" to you, but you look great and have lots of energy weighing that amount, maybe that idea is the thing to shift, not the weight.

All good advice above. The thing that sticks out for me, though, is your size: you wear a small or extra small in clothes, but still feel you need to lose weight. Why? Do you hope to become an extra-extra small? why? I would do some hard thinking about goals here. If the idea of the number 150 seems "too high" to you, but you look great and have lots of energy weighing that amount, maybe that idea is the thing to shift, not the weight.

Hi Missmary,

Thanks for the feedback. I think I just expected to maintain or lose a little when I did it, so when I actually gained it was a bit shocking to me. I worked really hard to lose 20 pounds on Weight Watchers before starting, so to see a little gain I was surprised. You are completely right. My husband put it a good way and said even if the scale said 140 and you still look the way you do, would you be happier? My point is I want to start a second round tomorrow and if eliminating nuts and making sure I eat my 3 meals is the way to get me back down to my pre whole30 weight then I would like to try it. I just don't want to continue with a second round and gain even more if there are some small tweaks that I can do to not let that happen 

Maybe my body was not comfortable at 147 pounds (I was following Weight Watchers up until the start of Whole30) 

As you know from the WW, your points add up to a low  1000 or 1200 typically for women.  You can eat anything for the grand tally for the day...can even be all snacks if you want to as long as you stay within the points (calorie limit).

Maybe I put too much cashew butter on my morning banana?

I was never hungry and sometimes skipped meals, could that have done it?

I caught myself eating dates and raisins A LOT in the beginning, 

Yes, to all of the above.   A calorie is not a calorie.  Too many fruit sugars and nuts can cause gain.  The body will latch onto those or fly them straight to the belly quicker than grilled fish and roasted vegetables with a good fat.

Good decisions you've made to cut those out.

Thanks MeadowLily! I think so too. I know I ate too many nuts (especially coming from Weight Watchers where point values for nuts were SO high, so I think I took a bit advantage of it during Whole30) I would just like to get down to my pre-Whole30 and maintain that going forward. 

• Moderators

Hi Missmary,

Thanks for the feedback. I think I just expected to maintain or lose a little when I did it, so when I actually gained it was a bit shocking to me. I worked really hard to lose 20 pounds on Weight Watchers before starting, so to see a little gain I was surprised. You are completely right. My husband put it a good way and said even if the scale said 140 and you still look the way you do, would you be happier? My point is I want to start a second round tomorrow and if eliminating nuts and making sure I eat my 3 meals is the way to get me back down to my pre whole30 weight then I would like to try it. I just don't want to continue with a second round and gain even more if there are some small tweaks that I can do to not let that happen 

Please understand that the scale can be very misleading. If you're working out, especially working on building strength/muscle, your body composition and therefore the way you look and the way your clothes fit can change for the better, even though your weight stays the same or even goes up. The whole "ideal weight" thing is BS. As humans, we like easy ways to measure and categorize, therefore we take a lot of averages and say, on average, a person of this height who weighs this much is usually healthy, therefore everyone of this height should try to weigh this much. It doesn't take into account things like bone structure or muscle-to-fat ratio, and it certainly doesn't take into account things like your individual health. 

Check out this post about Deb and notice the difference between her before and after pictures, despite the fact that she weight EXACTLY THE SAME in both of them. And for further evidence, check out this post from a friend of mine who weighs more in her after pic than she did in her before (please note, she is not remotely Whole30, and I'm not recommending following the way she eats, but she works out hard and has lost a lot of weight, and this particular post is just one more piece of proof that the scale really doesn't tell you anything useful). 

You mentioned your weight but didn't say how tall you are. The picture at this site  - http://thehealthybodycentre.blogspot.kr/2013/05/who-weighs-aussie-average.html- really says it best. Every one of the women in that picture weighs the same amount. But one is about 5 feet tall, one looks close to 6 feet tall, and the rest are somewhere in the middle.

As a 5'10.5" woman, 150 pounds is about right for me (ish). I fluctuate like we all do - I'm usually around 150-155 when I'm not on a Whole 30. During a Whole 30 I'll usually end up around 140-145. I was closer to 160-165 pre-Whole 30s, but discovering that I have Celiac disease (through my Whole 30 journey) and cutting out gluten grains helped a lot of that go away quickly after my first Whole 30. The Whole 30 and learning what my body does best with on a daily basis has helped me really stabilize my weight well. Granted, I've had to temper it a bit with what I have time for, since hubby and I both work and are involved in our community, but it's all what I know I do well with. I know I can add white rice to a meal to stretch it since I didn't have time to do more. Or I know that putting some cheese on my soup to make it more filling (yay fat!) is fine because I tolerate dairy well. Does that add a little to my weight? Yes, but I don't mind it.

What I guess I'm trying to say here is to focus on your body composition more than your weight. You mentioned working out and building muscle will absolutely make your weight go up, even if you lose body fat and are a smaller size. Muscle weighs more, it's just how it is. Your weight can fluctuate by up to ten pounds just by how much water you drank yesterday and how well you've cultivated the bacteria in your guts. It's why you can crash diet and lose ten pounds in a week - your body itself hasn't lost the weight, but your digestive system has.

TL;DR: weight is a number, and depending on how tall you are, yours is probably about perfect for your body. Ditch the scale, buy some great clothes, feel awesome.

• 1 month later...

Just chiming in to say that I didn't lose either during my whole30. I got on the scale and it was exactly the same as it was 30 days before. I checked in with the mods and they said my eating was fine. I am doing a whole100 because 30 days just isn't long enough (for me) to reap the full benefits. I had a doctors appointment a few weeks later, and I was down 4 lbs. Don't be discouraged. I feel better than I have, and my pants are SO baggy! The number on the scale is not the whole picture.

My clothes definitely fit differently. I am buying all XS or S shirts and dropped at least a pant size (if not more in some stores) so my body definitely changed even if the scale didn't. I suppose I was just discouraged, I follow a lot of Whole30 people on instagram and everyone dropped some good weight so to see the scale jump up for me I was very surprised. The 30 days were honestly a breeze and flew by, now that I have one round under my belt I am going to make some small tweaks and hopefully I just won't gain anymore weight

You are clearly losing pounds of fat and gaining pounds of muscle, if your clothing size dropped and you notice a difference in how your clothes fit. It sounds like you are already in a pretty good zone, based just off your clothing size and numbers. I don't know how you were eating before your program, but it is possible your muscles were underdeveloped and now that you are fueling your workout sessions properly, your body is able to build muscle and burn fat more efficiently. When I added animal protein back to my diet years ago, I immediately put on 10 pounds of muscle - going from 135 to 145 in a month with just my regular workouts - and looked and felt awesome. I got endless compliments on how I looked and people were asking if I lost weight. I killed it in my sport of choice, which is climbing. The number on the scale can be a surprise, but it's really important to remember that greater strength is associated with less pain and less diagnosed disease as we age. And you are not going to get bulky muscles doing PiYo! If you really want to track numbers, maybe get your body fat percentage done or track your bust/waist/hip measurements - although not tracking anything but how you feel and perform is my top recommendation. But that data will be a little more informative. Weight is nothing but your body mass's relationship to gravity, and it doesn't really mean much when it comes to appearance or performance, unless you are trying to burn through a substantial mass of body fat.

• 1 year later...

I am on day 54 of my whole30 and am continiung until June or around that. I too have not lost weight.. i only weighed myself after day 30 and maybe lost a pound or two max but i flucutate by a few lbs in numbers so I dont really know what the number is but I would love to lose 11-15 lbs. I will weigh myself when i hit day 60 but I do not think I have lost any weight, . I get a bit jealous of reading everyones weight losses but proud and motivated by them all at the same time.My pants are not that baggie but I can see a difference in areas and there is less fat on me (my self pinch test) so I can't totally complain. I have felt amazing the last 54 days and so glad I am continuing because I am learning so much and I really feel great and empowered and in control. I am just proud of myself!  However. I know fruit has gotten me into trouble but i think i am only now admitting it. Kinda want to have my cake and to eat it too kind of gal. I have had enough days of letting myself go crazy with frozen blueberries (my new found "drug" of choice) plus have had some nights that I had to work through the night and my sleep hours have been pretty bad (except I sleep hard and pop up  totally awake the minute my alarm goes off). So that is what i am contributing to my non weight loss.  I eat 3-4 times a day, 4-5 hours between but i know i have to follow the guidelines a bit tighter and cut fruit out for a while anyways and see if that helps. this is why i need to keep on the whole30 for several months so i can tweak things. Today I had a small helping of blueberries and noticed i bloated pretty bad after eating it. Which i might have noticed before but ignored it. So I am going to start that tomorrow! So this is why i need to stay on the whole30 much longer so I can tweak bad habits! You can do it with the nuts! With my other whole30s i have done, the nuts actually were my go-to bad habit but i think they did less damage than the blueberries! 

I think a W30 of 30 days is best, with Reintro following, ASAP.  Complete diagnostic testing for the food reset, then create our own positive food management plan.

Years ago, siggies reflected W90's or W120's. I deleted that out of mine. 

My thinking - it was turning the W30 into another weight loss contest, whoever can go the longest wins. I began to see patterns, doing W30's in giant month hunks.  Some lost 80-100 lbs but within another year, rebound weight gain showed back up on their doorstep.

In that pattern were those who did not feel the Reintro was a key component to their success. They were falling back into all of the old trigger foods.  

It's really true. There's no such thing as a 365.  One non-compliant item and it only takes one, during 30 days or 60 days or 120 days and the Whole 30 is over.

Thirty days are doable without weight loss as the major focus.  It's about healing our relationship with food and identifying food triggers or allergies.

After 30 days, we are free to focus on the side effects of weight loss....without added stress that if one non-compliant item enters into the big picture we have messed up our diagnostic testing.   It becomes easier. Google Whole 30, how getting on the scale literally scares the fat.  Not that anyone is getting on the scale but adding the pressure of weighing/even weight loss demands on our body makes it twice as difficult for that process to happen.

@MeadowLily Yes, I totally agree that weight loss is not the purpose of the Whole30 but it sure is a nice side effect! I do not plan on doing any reintro for a much longer time as I am learning too much at this point of my Whole30 experience. I already know how my body will respond to dairy. And to wheat (I cut both out mostly for about 6 years now, I know how my body responds but dang it.. pizza is so good and usually always worth the pain). I am not eating much different pre whole 30 as I have been following a paleo template for years)

But at this point now that I have all troublesome things out of my body for this time being, I am learning how my body is responding to even compliant foods such as nuts, or blueberries. I am also paying close attention to "habits" that occurred during the first 30 days and trying to recognize why and what to do about it. I also want to go through a few monthly cycles to see how even complaint foods effect my cramps and now that I am in training season for racing, I am eating a bit different post the initial 30 days and I want to see how my body reacts to that.  I have actually cooked a dish or two which is a miracle in itself and that is only because I am making myself get more variety and if I wasn't working at staying on the Whole30, then I would not be trying new things.

Yes, I still want to lose a few lbs (as a racer, I carry more fat than I should) and hormonal wise, I am pre-menopause, etc so trying to keep my hormones balanced is important to me through foods. So, for some people I think there is a lot more work to do and ending the whole30 and to reintroduce immediately might not be the best case scenario. If you have more to learn or more to accomplish, I think more power to you if you can go longer until you have the answers you want. The Whole30 is a great experiment to learn how foods effect the body and mind.  Hopefully everyone is also noticing all the other great things that happens as well as possible weight loss. 

• 1 month later...

Hi-I am on Day 24 and am devastated.  I am so bloated and heavy now-none of my clothes fit me.  I have actually gone up 2 bra sizes I'm so bloated.  I was on a paleo diet for about a year and was feeling good but wanted to try to whole 30.  Halfway through I was feeling good and now I am exhausted and heavy and so devastated.

I plan to finish the plan but do not understand.  I have upped my water intake now and have cut all nuts and nut butters out (about a week ago).  What is really interesting is that my body shape has changed in a way that has never happened.  My thighs and butt are bigger..beefier.  My middle is distended and as I said..my bra size is larger. 

I have never eaten much in the way of meat-only fish.  

Meals consist of 

Breakfast:  grapefruit/2 eggs/green veggies/butternut squash/coconut oil

Lunch:  Salmon/asparagas/brussel sprouts/oil

Snack:  Lara bar or various veggies

Dinner:  Big salad with tuna or sometimes a hamburger/carrots/bell peppers/ jicama/avacado/

I was eating some raw almonds with Lunch and Dinner.  Not a lot.  About a handful.

Work out -walk about 5 miles a day.  Light weights twice a week.

I am so darn depressed and frustrated.  Nancy

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem.  I am on Day 23 and my clothes actually feel tighter, especially around the chest and midsection which is what was supposed to go down.  I have decided to cut out the sweet potatoes, decrease my portion sizes and drink more water.  Hopefully that will help.  I felt a burst of energy in the second week but feel tired and headachy now.  I, too, am depressed and frustrated.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, yorkieteacher said:

I am having a similar problem.  I am on Day 23 and my clothes actually feel tighter, especially around the chest and midsection which is what was supposed to go down.  I have decided to cut out the sweet potatoes, decrease my portion sizes and drink more water.  Hopefully that will help.  I felt a burst of energy in the second week but feel tired and headachy now.  I, too, am depressed and frustrated.

Before you start cutting things, why not tell us what a typical day or two of meals looks like, including portion sizes as they relate to the meal template? Also include what kind of workouts you're doing, if any, and any pre- and post-workout meals you're having.

Cutting food may not help with the tired and headachy stuff. Drinking more water may -- you want to aim for 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person should have at least 60 oz of water. Also be sure you're salting your food. 

• 6 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 3:24 PM, Nancy Vogel said:

Hi-I am on Day 24 and am devastated.  I am so bloated and heavy now-none of my clothes fit me.  I have actually gone up 2 bra sizes I'm so bloated.  I was on a paleo diet for about a year and was feeling good but wanted to try to whole 30.  Halfway through I was feeling good and now I am exhausted and heavy and so devastated.

I plan to finish the plan but do not understand.  I have upped my water intake now and have cut all nuts and nut butters out (about a week ago).  What is really interesting is that my body shape has changed in a way that has never happened.  My thighs and butt are bigger..beefier.  My middle is distended and as I said..my bra size is larger. 

I have never eaten much in the way of meat-only fish.  

Meals consist of 

Breakfast:  grapefruit/2 eggs/green veggies/butternut squash/coconut oil

Lunch:  Salmon/asparagas/brussel sprouts/oil

Snack:  Lara bar or various veggies

Dinner:  Big salad with tuna or sometimes a hamburger/carrots/bell peppers/ jicama/avacado/

I was eating some raw almonds with Lunch and Dinner.  Not a lot.  About a handful.

Work out -walk about 5 miles a day.  Light weights twice a week.

I am so darn depressed and frustrated.  Nancy

Just curious, what was your diet pre-whole30? I'm wondering if I'm gaining too. I can't quite tell. 

• 2 months later...

After reading about some people's experiences with both weight gain on the whole30 and the affects associated with reintroductions, I am beginning to doubt my decision to do this a bit.

I wanted to participate in order to help give my body a break from mostly sugar, grains, and milk (the other stuff is just added bonus I guess - like soy and so forth). I wanted this break because I feel like I've been restrictive eating for a while now, counting calories and obsessing to hit certain targets (1700-1900 calories a day range, also certain macro targets like amount of protein intake and so on) and the idea of getting to feel out my bodies own response system and fullness signals was so appealing. It sounded really liberating. But now I am worried that I may be taking in more than before and that this will cause me weight gain. I'm only on day 5 and so far I feel awesome but it's so early to tell. I do know that my fat intake has increased since I began. 

My goal is not weight loss. If I end up weighing the same number coming out of this, I would not be upset in the least. However, I would be very disappointed if I were to gain weight.

Could 30 days of this result in something that I end up regretting greatly? 

• Moderators

@Elana Finkel It is possible you could gain weight. It's possible you could lose weight, or stay exactly the same. No one here can tell you for sure exactly what your results will be. We don't know, it's different for every person.

What I'd suggest is that instead of worrying about the scale, for 30 days, focus on the non-weight reasons you're doing this. Taking a break from sugar is pretty much a universally healthy thing to do -- no one needs added sugars to be healthy. Cutting out grains, dairy, soy, and the rest of it makes a huge difference for some people, and not a lot of difference for other people, but you can't know which group you're in until you try it. It's possible you'll find that you feel better without those things and be really glad you tried this. Not having to track calories or macros is liberating, for sure, especially if you get to the end of 30 days and figure out you feel better than every and your skin is glowing and your nails and hair are looking healthier, and you realize, I can get these results without spending time calculating every bite I eat!

Here's an article that explains why Whole30 asks you to ditch the scale, at least for a while:  https://whole30.com/2013/04/repost-break-up-with-your-scale/ 

Elana, counting calories and macros is not a sustainable lifestyle.   Listening to your body IS.   You learn how to do this on a Whole 30, if you follow the rules and recommendations.  

You've already said you feel awesome.  GO with that.  Keep going forward & don't look back.  What you are doing is clearly working!   Try to remember all of the reasons you were led to Whole 30 to begin with.  If you haven't written them down yet, do so.  Journaling can be a powerful tool -- whether it is here on the forum, in a notebook, or even just on "notes" on your phone.  

Instead of trying to look ahead to day 31 and wondering, "what if?" ... try to live in the moment.  What am I feeling NOW?   You're feeling good.  Roll with it.

You mention your fat intake has increased.  GOOD.  Fat is satiating in a way that grains and sugar are not.  And your body needs that fat.  The membrane of every cell in your body is made up of fat (lipids).

Reading about the problems people have with reintroductions ... should help you know you are on the right path.  Whole 30 cleanses the body of these inflammatory substances to the point that when you have them again -- your body lets you know *quite clearly* if it is a problem food for you.  What you decide to do with that information is up to you.  If you eat dairy on reintro and find that it makes your sinuses fill up, or it makes you bloated and gassy -- that wasn't *caused* by Whole 30.  That was *revealed* by Whole 30.  So, at that point, you know exactly what you are choosing if you choose to eat dairy.  Before Whole 30 -- you don't really know what is making you feel bad, all you know is that you don't feel good.  That is what led you here.  

So follow through with your plan.  This is just 30 days of your life + reintro experiments.  You will gain knowledge about your body that will be invaluable for the rest of your life.  Don't you deserve that?

• 4 months later...

And now I too am starting to regret doing this ..I started this plan with the intention of really listening to my body, and clearing out all of the screamers (i.e., alcohol, sugar, etc.) However I've seen my co workers drop weight and they look great and that was also a motivator as I too was a calorie counter. eating nothing but greens and fish and eggs for quite some time..but now here I am day 15, and my body is screaming in discomfort, i feel too full and my pants are way too tight, ive clearly gained weight, i know my body, my tummy is distended, my legs have marks in them from my socks...and I feel just gross...I've also upped my coffee intake for fuel -from like 1-2  to like 4 cups with nutpods creamer

i drink plenty of fluids..90-100 oz's a day for my small frame i literally allow myself one treat a tablespoon of nut butter in the afternoon everythng else compliant

2 eggs/ sausage -am coconut oil

tuna with salad and egg and avocado oil dressing 

salmon with veggies ghee butter

Archived