Frozen Cauliflower Rice at Trader Joes

amber88

I just started my second Whole 30 today.  So far, so good.  While I was shopping yesterday I came across a new item at Trader Joe's that I thought was pretty exciting- frozen cauliflower rice!  And the ingredients? Just cauliflower! 3 servings at 30 calories per serving.  I've always wanted to try cauliflower rice but was afraid to mess it up.  Anyway, just wanted to share.  

• Moderators

I just started my second Whole 30 today.  So far, so good.  While I was shopping yesterday I came across a new item at Trader Joe's that I thought was pretty exciting- frozen cauliflower rice!  And the ingredients? Just cauliflower! 3 servings at 30 calories per serving.  I've always wanted to try cauliflower rice but was afraid to mess it up.  Anyway, just wanted to share.  

WHAT WHAT?? That's excellent news! Thank you for sharing!

Keep in mind, calorie counting is neither necessary nor allowed for your Whole30. Trust the Meal Template portions to get you where you need to go.

I tried this for breakfast the other day...it was delicious. I cooked the whole bag in a dry non-stick pan. As it started getting toasty I added a spoonful of ghee and some other seasonings. Ate it with fried eggs, a little baked sweet potato, and some cantaloupe. 

Highly recommended, but was reminded later in the day that it's a lot of fiber! :D

Edited to add: I didn't eat the whole bag, cooking for me and my housemate. 

• 7 months later...

I finally got some of this! Took a while for my local store to start carrying it, then I (foolishly) didn't buy any the first time I saw it ... then it was out of stock for like a month! But now I can say I'm officially "in the club"  B)

I've frozen my own riced cauliflower before.....because when I have the food processor out I like to make extras of anything I can.

But this is great!  Nice to have on hand for quick meals!  

Thanks for sharing.

How do you freeze it? Before or after cooking? I would love to know your secret :-)

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Ckeating51 said:

So this frozen cauliflower is ok even though it says 2g of sugar? 

The Whole30 is concerned with ingredients, not the nutrition panel... all grown items have some level of naturally occurring sugar in them.

Archived