Your favorite Whole Foods Whole30 compliant items?

sahara64

• Moderators

This has been discussed before -- check out this thread, or google Whole30 forum Whole Foods to find more.

Honestly, I don't go to Whole Foods often -- I can get most of what I need at my grocery store. Things you might have trouble finding at a regular grocery store might be coconut aminos, fish sauce, and Tessemae's dressings.

You might also look for Bubbie's or Wild Brine brand pickles or sauerkraut (in the refrigerated section) if you want to try to add fermented foods to your menu, or kombucha if you want to try it.

None of the things I've listed are absolutely necessary to doing a Whole30, although they can be nice to have.

During my first Whole30, Whole Foods was the only place I could find coconut aminos. Fast forward to now and they're available must more widely and I can buy them at the natural grocer near my home. Whole Foods is now more of an outting as opposed to my regular shopping routine. I used to get their cioppino from the soup bar because it was made with olive oil, but the last few times I went, they've switched to a canola blend which is no bueno.

I still shop primarily at Whole Foods (and Trader Joe's) because they have a better selection of organic produce and organic/grass fed meats.  But I don't buy much in the aisles, most of it is non-compliant and/or ridiculously expensive. 

Rao's Marinara, which is expensive, but so totally tasty and worth it when I wanted to throw together something that my 3 year old would happily eat too. 

I also like their bulk section for almonds to make almond milk.   They also have a 'grind your own nut butter' machine at mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used to shop at Whole Foods but moved to an area (a gorgeous coastal town) where the closest Whole Foods is 3 hours away - I thought I would miss it horribly and would have to make the 6 hour round trip at least once a month....WRONG. My small town (population 4,700) Food Lion carries coconut amino and fish sauce, I make my own dressings (which are better than Tessemae's IMO), pastured, grass fed beef is available at the Saturday Farmer's Market and once I get a large freezer I will buy a 1/4 share, pastured eggs available from a hobby farm less than 3 miles from my house (albeit not all the time since egg production can vary and it is a small operation of about a dozen birds). I do have to drive to the a larger town (10 miles away) for Kerrygold butter and some other things like Applegate Farms hotdogs. I have a Thrive Market membership too and have ordered a few things from them but honestly I would not miss it if I didn't have it (Thrive is cheaper than Whole Foods for most things though)

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Following

Hi, Cindysue, welcome to Whole30. I've noticed you following a couple of discussions using this method -- and that's okay -- but I thought that you might not realize there's another way to do this. Up at the top right hand side of a forum discussion, there's a place that says Follow This Topic. Click on that, then choose how often you want to be notified, and click the Follow This Topic button.

To manage how you receive notifications about topics you follow, click on your name up in the top bar of the page, and a menu will come up, click on settings, and look for Notification Options.

Archived