Why does every can of tuna contain soy??

• 6 months later...

If you are worried about the mercury level, see if you can find Safe Catch tuna. They were on shark tank the other night, and while their pitch didnt go over very well, I've  been buying he tuna for a few months and its delicious! My local Whole Foods doesn't  have it but my Luckys Market does. They even have an elite one that is supposedly safe for pregnant women.

Geeze, this was a new one on me. :-( It just seems weird that there would be soy in what they call "water-packed" tuna. Like you all say, gotta read the labels so carefully.

I do like the Cento tuna packed in olive oil, but I have to get that in a specialty market. I'll start stocking up more when I shop there.

Stephanie

• 2 weeks later...

The annoying thing about tuna packed in water is that soy isn't actually listed in the ingredients, but further down the label it has the disclaimer "contains soy."

Back in my Weight Watcher days umpteen years ago, canned tuna was only available packed in oil, so we'd WASH our tuna before eating!

Stephanie

• 7 months later...

I'm starting R2 today. As I was preparing for my meals this week, I decided to incorporate tuna this time around. I went to the store to pick some up and as I was reading the label, I was in shock! I never  knew they put soy in canned tuna. I'm kinda bummed out about it. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Annabee03 said:

I'm starting R2 today. As I was preparing for my meals this week, I decided to incorporate tuna this time around. I went to the store to pick some up and as I was reading the label, I was in shock! I never  knew they put soy in canned tuna. I'm kinda bummed out about it. 

I've merged your thread with an existing thread on the same topic... scroll back through, i believe there are some tips for brands that are compilant... as always, check your labels everytime you buy.

• 1 month later...

Archived