Lyss

I am on day 29 of my first Whole30 and I have noticed lots of non scale victories but it doesn't seem like my gut wants to take part.

I am looking at supplementing my diet with a probiotic and a digestive enyzme. I have been taking Now Foods Super Enyzmes with each meal and I have cut back on cruciferous vegetables and still find I have some digestive issues; bloating, gas, constipation. I am hopeful that building up some good gut flora will help but I am looking for any recommendations.

I have attached a photo of the label on my enzymes, I believe they are compliant but I know there has been some concern about them not being.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh the irony. "Real Food" powder that is nothing like real food.

From the link provided: Organic Adzuki Bean, ... Organic Red Lentil Bean, Organic Quinoa Sprout Powder, Organic Pea, and millet. Pretty sure these are all non compliant additives.

And if the OP experiencing bloating and GI upset, eating inulin is a bad idea because that causes bloating and upset.

Seriously, eat real food. Not "real food powder".

For the OP: post a few days of food. You're having symptoms like I used to have.

I would cut out FODMAPS, many cruciferous veggies are FODMAPS and cause bloating, gas and constipation. Also veggies like onions and stone fruits are also FODMAPS and can cause similar problems.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have Celiac and continued bloating and digestion issues have continued to bother me. That is a big reason I'm doing a Whole30. Since starting I would feel better some days but still be bloated and totally inflamed and swollen other days. I am now trying to avoid FODMAPS and it is helping. I also take a probiotic.  I would try eliminating FODMAP's if you can.

I have had constipation for most of my adult life. I'm taking Earth's Bounty Oxy-Cleanse to keep my gut moving. I also take an herbal laxative called Kylea that I order on line. I have tried many and this is the best for me. I also sometimes do an enema, sometimes with coffee ( instructions on internet). This makes a huge difference for me. Also definitely take probiotics on empty stomach. I am new so hopefully all of this is Whole30 compliant. I am hoping Whole30 will eventually make all of this unnecessary.

8 hours ago, Kathy Jackman said:

I have had constipation for most of my adult life. I'm taking Earth's Bounty Oxy-Cleanse to keep my gut moving. I also take an herbal laxative called Kylea that I order on line. I have tried many and this is the best for me. I also sometimes do an enema, sometimes with coffee ( instructions on internet). This makes a huge difference for me. Also definitely take probiotics on empty stomach. I am new so hopefully all of this is Whole30 compliant. I am hoping Whole30 will eventually make all of this unnecessary.

The Earth's Bounty Oxy-Cleanse contains rice flour (according to their website), which in not compliant.  I would check the label on the herbal laxative as well.  The product I saw on their website contained rice powder - also not compliant.  I think if you follow the meal template, making sure you are eating 1 to 3 cups of veggies and adding healthy fats to each meal, and if you drink half an ounce of water for each lb of body weight, you will find your symptoms improve over time.  If you need a laxative, magnesium is one of the best supplements you can take. 

Archived