About to start the Whole30 but want to do it right...

jhardy

Hi everyone!

To give you a little bit of info about me and how I got here...

I heard about Whole30 from a friend of mine who recently finished her first 30 days. I have yet to begin the program but plan on doing so soon.

I am 5'1" and 175 pounds. I am not very active (not by choice, just because of lack of time mainly). I either eat too much or not enough. I feel like a sloth most days and desperately want to have the energy, stamina and optimism to tackle each day. I want to be healthy and feel attractive in my own skin. I have tried many diets before, but have never followed anything through. My fear is this will be the same if I don't start out on a good foot.

I have downloaded the It Starts with Food but haven't gotten a chance to begin the reading. I have placed my first order for grassfed beef and free range chicken (which will get to me in about 7-10 days). So, basically, I am in the research phase of this journey but definitely plan on going through with it.

My impetus for beginning this program is three-fold: (1) I have gained a lot of weight in a very short amount of time, (2) I feel awful after I eat and bloodwork shows imbalanced levels of Vitamin D (super low), creatine (elevated) and phosphates (low) and (3) I want to set a good example to my kids.

For those of you who have gone through this before and are living it today, can you give me pointers on what helped you the most with respect to staying with the 30 days? Also, for those who are experiencing unexplained/undiagnosed health issues, have those issues been resolved after being on the program? Lastly, for any medically minded folks out there, are there foods in the plan that would help balance the blood levels I cited above?

Thanks, in advance, for all the advice and support. I can't wait to get started and feel better!

Jessica

Archived