????? and meatballs!

Emily T

• Moderators

Over a baked potato or sweet potato? Or add a bunch of veggies, thin with broth as needed, and call it meatball soup? Or just have meatballs on the side of whatever vegetables sound good -- strain them out of the sauce if necessary.

Any protein is nice over leafy greens...including meatballs in fab tomato sauce.  Steak, taco meat, sliced beef or pork ribs, grilled salmon/trout.   I lurve my roasted vege and sauteed kale over fresh, tender leafy greens.   Soft buttery lettuces, romaine,  all varieties of leafy greens, everything tastes great over greens.  Then I throw a balsamic reduction over all of it.  Lemony, limey, one made with berries...balsamic reductions over proteins, roasted vege and greens. 

I tend to cut my meatballs into pieces and use them to just scoop up the tomato sauce. :D

I've also done tomato sauce over roasted broccoli, roasted cauliflower, or mixed roast vegetables. You can also toss some olives into the mix and I'm loving Britishgal's suggestion of mushrooms.

I tend to cut my meatballs into pieces and use them to just scoop up the tomato sauce. :D

I've also done tomato sauce over roasted broccoli, roasted cauliflower, or mixed roast vegetables. You can also toss some olives into the mix and I'm Britishgal's suggestion of mushrooms.

Yep, I do this too which kind of defeats the purpose (& the faff) of making meatballs which is why I make them so rarely  :P 

Another vote for mushrooms!!

• Administrators

Yep, I do this too which kind of defeats the purpose (& the faff) of making meatballs which is why I make them so rarely  :P 

Another vote for mushrooms!!

Haha, I often put "meatballs" on my menu but when it comes down to the time and annoyance of having to make them, I usually put all the ingredients together in a frying pan and call it "loose meatballs".  Basically just seasoned ground meat.  Has always turned out great!

Haha, I often put "meatballs" on my menu but when it comes down to the time and annoyance of having to make them, I usually put all the ingredients together in a frying pan and call it "loose meatballs".  Basically just seasoned ground meat.  Has always turned out great!

Deconstructed meatballs. :lol:

We like them cold with a mayo dip! I really love the turkey and cranberry meatballs from the clothes make the girl. Sooo yummy with a compliant mustard/mayo dip. yum! I like them like that, with a big plate of roasted assorted veggies with them. I will have to make the curry style ones that Amy mentioned -- that sounds really good! 

Archived