Tapioca Maltodextrin

KathyV

I just ordered Pure Encapsulations Digestive Enzymes w/HCL, that was recommended by the Whole30 book.  I stared them a week ago and decided to look at the ingredients and saw that it has tapioca maltodextrin.  I thought that maltodextrin was a form of a sugar.  I have taken Pure Encapsulations Digestive Enzymes with out HCL and everything is compliant, so I did not even think that with it containing HCL would change the ingredients.   

need some clarification, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Tricky ingredients, huh? Why do supplements need to be sweet??

So, unfortunately, it is not Whole30 compliant, but post-Whole30, it should be fine. Dextrose/maltodextrin are pretty much always derived from corn.

Like, I have allergic reactions to Applegate Organic meat because they use dextrose derived from organic corn. But tapioca dextrose is definitely paleo (just not Whole30).

For clarification, I think it's such a small amount that you don't need to restart your Whole30 to get the full month. It falls under the category of having a couple bites of the salad dressing your mom swore was sugar free but actually had agave, whereas if this was flour in a roux or a marinade made with beer, it'd probably be a good idea to begin again.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks everyone for your response's.  I finally got back to checking answers.  I took did stop taking it and went to reg. one I was using before.  You can sure learn a lot about yourself and effect of foods and additives have on a body.  

Archived