Gonna fight to stay whole.

J9er

Moving over here now in preparation of my reintroductions post whole30. Tomorrow will be day 31 or rather, day 1 of reintro. We are having friends for dinner tonight and I have been prepping all day. The whole meal is compliant except for a pasta salad I made and the dessert, cupcakes. It is weird to be prepping food in my own kitchen, that I won't be able to eat. I've done better than I thought I would but it's been hard! It's been a test, that's for sure.

Anyways, will post more tomorrow.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1 of reintros,

I feel a pretty strong sense of accomplishment for making it through the 30 days. I am so happy to have learned so much.

I did step on the scale this morning. I am glad I did, but I will be glad to have it out of the house again. I knew my views about the number had changed and they have, but I know if I leave it in the house, I will get wrapped up in the number again. I lost 6 lbs since day 1. I didn't do my measurements but my clothes are fitting better and I'm working my way to the next size down so I know I lost inches for sure. I won't lie and say I didn't hope for more weightloss but that is the part of me that was scale focused. The new me is thrilled with the loss, considering I am lifting heavy 3 days a week and doing 2 day of HIIT. I am gaining muscle, steadily increasing my performance and feeling great. Not feeling deprived, not hungry all the time, no cravings, would be worth even. A zero pound weightloss!

I made it through the birthday party last night. It was kind of comical. Dinner was planned for 6. With the nature of my husbands work I knew they would all be late so I planned for half an hour lag time. At 6 when I was prepping the last of the food, my husband called and said their had been a terrible accident on the freeway he takes home and it had been closed all day so they would be late.

Well, the traffic was just awful and my husband was the last to arrive at 830! I had had a snack but was still starving and had sat and twiddled my thumbs staring at the pasta salad and cupcakes. Twice I considered just one noodle, but I knew that wouldn't end well. The food was a bit cold and dried out by the time we ate but we had a nice time.

It was a little strange not drinking with everyone else. I am mostly a red wine drinker and don't keep a lot of white in my collection. I usually buy white to serve to guests as the ones I have are special or expensive and most of our friends don't care enough to notice. I had forgotten to pick up a bottle and of course our guests wanted white. I opened a beautiful reserve from a winery we visited on our honeymoon, I was a little sad, but I know I felt better for it this morning.

Yesterday's meals were still whole30 so I won't bother posting them here. Today I am reintroducing soy.

For meal 1 this morning:

I had leftover pice of pork rib, one chicken leg, and some chorizo sausage. A pile of broccoli and zucchini sautéed in coconut oil, and a big handful of edamame in the shell. i am not anticipating a reaction but time will tell.

Well I am feeling like crap :( I had edamame at breakfast and lunch. About an hour after breakfast I felt like I had been hit by a train. Foggy head, tired. I had a nap even. I didn't work out this morning. Had my lunch and then felt a little bit better initially. But another slump this afternoon. This evening I'm a bit bloated too. I thought I was just tired today because I've been waking up pretty early and going to bed a little too late. But this felt pretty extreme.

I hat how there are so many variables to consider, was I just tired? Was it the soy? My gut says it was so I guess I will go with that. It's on the 'do not eat list' for a reason!

I skipped the Tamari at supper and called it a day with the soy. I am not worried about avoiding it in the future. I am happy with just wasabi or lemon on my sushi, or nothing at all. I don't eat tofu, but I sometimes had edamame when out for sushi. Not anymore. I suppose just being mindful of it being in lots of packaged foods and probably at restaurants is a good idea. We do like Asian inspired stir fries occasionally, I'm not a huge fan of the coconut aminos but I suppose they would do if I was really craving stir-fry.

I am looking forward to the next couple days and hopefully feeling better!

ETA my meals for today

Meal 1 already posted

Meal 2: chicken breast, sweet potato, Brussel sprouts, asparagus, mayo to dip the chicken in

Needed a snack today as dinner was late. Piece of chicken breast, olives and one tostone.

Meal 3: tostones, leftover chicken legs and pork ribs, cauliflower "fried rice" with other added veggies.

I'm wondering as well if I might have a bit of pms. Certainly was craving starchy veg more than usual.

Well, seem to be feeling a bit better this morning. I forced myself to go to bed early last night. Still ended up being 10 pm, but I forced my self to sleep in too. Woke up at 8! Needed a good nights sleep. Still feel a bit bloated this morning. But not bad.

I want to start planning for my trip to Australia. I will order some primal pacs to eat in the way I think - will have to finish before I get there as I won't be able to bring them into the country. I haven't booked my flight yet because I'm waiting for my immigration to get sorted out. I'm in the system as 'pending status' in the U.S. Right now and if I leave the country without my paperwork complete I won't be allowed back in. Of course the U.S. Government is taking their sweet time, and my window for taking this trip is closing in. I'm trying not to let it stress me too much. It's not the end of the world of a don't go, but I've been planning on it for a long time and my hopes are up.

Anyways...the food situation.....primal pacs, some hearty veggies, a few HB eggs to start me out. I don't expect the food I bring to last the whole way there but it can at least get me started. As for meals on the plane.....not exactly sure what I'll do. They are pretty gross. But I'm not ordering the gluten free meal or anything weird like that either. Unless a person is celiac or has a severe rxn to gluten, the gluten free meal on the plane just never ends well . haha.

Anyways, back to compliant eating for a couple days so all should be boring around here.

Yesterday was much better than Wednesday. Soy is totally not worth it to me, so I'm going to figure out how to fully avoid it in the real world. I am terrible with asking questions at restaurants, I hate to be a "bother", but I know I do not want to feel that terrible again. I guess it's also figuring out how much I could have before it bothers me. If it's in tuna, or in small amounts in not sure.

Another compliant day today. We are trying dairy tomorrow. I wanted dairy to be on a weekend because we sometimes have icecream at our local farmers market. It is homemade with no added crap. It will be the first sugar we've had as well. We'll probably try yogurt as well and some butter and/or cheese. I haven't missed dairy at all and I am a little worried about waking up the sugar dragon with it. I'm going to try to be super mindful about that.

Yesterday's meals were:

Meal 1: 3 chicken legs, sautéed broccoli, asparagus, 1 hb egg with mayo, coffee with cm

PWO: chicken and sweet potato

Meal 2 : hamburger patty with Mayo and mustard, sautéed green beans and carrots,

Snack: sauerkraut, a few nuts, couple bites of chicken -- I am still needing to tweak something...I am genuinely hungry in the afternoon. I think maybe a bigger lunch. I will have a bigger lunch one day and forget the next....this needs to become habit!

Meal 3: roasted veggies, hamburger patty, jersey grape tomato salad with avocado oil, handful of cherries

Reintro # 2 was dairy today. I am really surprised but I seem to feel fine so far. Although I didn't have a ton. It was kind of hard for me because I really didn't miss dairy at all so I didn't really want it when it was out in front of me.

We had full fat yogurt with breakfast. We had 2 eggs each and 1/2 a brat, with 6 oz ff yog. Our grocery store has a terrible selection of yogurt. We only wanted to buy individual ones, so the best ones we could find were the liberte fruit on the bottom. There was no plain. So we just ate the top part and left that sick sweet jam on the bottom but it was still soooo sweet. Yuck! We were going to go to the farmers market right after lunch and have some icecream but just didn't make it there.

PWO was chicken and sweet potato....the usual.

Lunch was tuna salad, piece of hamburger patty, grilled zucchini and peppers, leftover cauliflower mash, piece of sweet potato.

We ended up out all afternoon car shopping and by the time we were done we were starving so went to five guys for a burger. We had the lettuce wrapped burger and a vanilla shake. I took 2 sips and just couldn't do it. It did-have high fructose corn syrup in it and I just couldn't handle it! Yucky. So maybe I will try dairy another time. Or maybe not....if I come across it I will just be careful maybe? I dunno. The burger was really good though. I got them to use double lettuce and got it loaded With the raw veggies, no sauces and no cheese. It was a monster and really messy, but delicious. And for once I left there satisfied, not feeling gross or over full.

Yesterday's meals were compliant. Nothing really exciting.

M1 : one hb egg with mayo, broccoli and green beans, hamburger patty

PWO: chicken breast and sweet potato

M2: broccoli, cauliflower and green beans, 2 applegate hotdogs, piece of hamburger patty, with mayo and mustard and a handful of porkrinds I had bought to coat scotch eggs with. I decided if they are a problem for me I will throw them away immediately, but I had the hand ful and have left them alone. I feel like my cravings are under control and I'm super happy about that. -- My lunch was huge but I didn't feel over full and stayed full for a full 5 hours till supper for the first time in a while. Goes to show my meals are still a work in progress.....but I'm getting the hang of it and not as afraid of eating anymore!

Back to compliance for a couple days, I'm happy about that. Was really weird to be eating "off plan" foods on purpose. But it went pretty well.

Another busy weekend with lots of errands, running around, and car shopping. Vehicle shopping had to be the worst. Ugh.

My digestion slowed significantly after the dairy trial. Even with the small amount we had. For the first time since starting whole30, no BM yesterday. My tummy was a but unhappy last night after a big supper. I felt like I ate too much, but I think it was more the sluggish digestion. It was a big supper but I've been eating big meals all along. I ate some kraut at lunch and had some kombucha, hopefully things get moving today, even one day and I'm miserable. Before, it would sometimes be 4 or 5 days without a proper BM! Yuck.

It's been kind of an emotional roller coaster the past few days for me. I think I'm having some pms symptoms still and everything just seems like a really big deal. My poor husband lol. But I haven't once wanted to turn to food, I am still so satisfied with the way I'm eating it's so great. I did have a fleeting thought about wine last night when we were balancing our books, but it passed quickly.

Yesterday's meals were.

M1: sautéed cabbage, carrots, onions, peppers in bacon fat, 1 brat, 1.5 hard boiled eggs, coffee with cm

M2: big salad, grilled chicken breast, creamy Italian dressing (homemade)

M3: huge filet mignon, grilled, zucchini and green beans with a lemon juice and avocado oil vinegrette, fresh cherry tomatoes and roast potatoes.

We went to bed pretty late, but I slept in this morning , really trying to be mindful of getting enough sleep.

Hopefully tummy cooperates today or I will be pushing my next reintro out a bit further.

Well I finally pulled the trigger and booked my trip to Australia. Now I'm in mad organizing mode as I leave in 10 days and have so much to do. Need to prep food for my husband.....ugh. I don't mind the cooking, but I wish someone would do the shopping for me. I might leave it till the weekend so he can help :)

Digestion is still a bit sluggish and I honestly forgot about reintroducing non gluten grains today until 10 pm last night. I don't really have anything other than corn on the cob that I bought on the weekend, so maybe we will wait till tomorrow.

I guess dairy was less kind to me than I thought. Ugh. Quite a olprice to pay for such a small amount too! I guess it will really have to be worth it in the future. I still am not feeling hungry at all, a gurgley tummy and feeling bloated. So that's two full days of sluggishness after one small yogurt and a couple sips of a milkshake. Not really worth it.

Yesterday's meals were

M1: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, pork brat, sautéed kale, and green beans, coffee with cm

PWO: some chicken breast - I'm out of sweet potato

M2: coconut milk curry soup with seafood and lots of veg

Snack (we had to go out at supper time so didn't eat till really late): small handful of Macedonia nuts, tuna, carrot sticks

M3: hamburger patty, sautéed kale, zucc and peppers, small amount of green salad.

I'm finding the same thing - that it's really weird to purposely find/buy foods for reintro when I really have no interest in eating them at the moment.  Of all the foods I've tried, the one I'm most excited about is the corn on the cob planned for tonight. I've pushed some of my reintros back a day simply b/c I couldn't figure out how to buy what I needed without loading up on foods I very may well never eat again.

Sorry soy & dairy hit you so hard, but at least you have a definitive answer on those foods now. I think that's easier than when you only get subtle signs - like the rice I had with lunch seems to be making me tired (?) maybe. I'd rather my body outright reject something so I know going forward that food is  NO.  I'm much better with NO than with maybe.

I'm finding the same thing - that it's really weird to purposely find/buy foods for reintro when I really have no interest in eating them at the moment. Of all the foods I've tried, the one I'm most excited about is the corn on the cob planned for tonight. I've pushed some of my reintros back a day simply b/c I couldn't figure out how to buy what I needed without loading up on foods I very may well never eat again.

Sorry soy & dairy hit you so hard, but at least you have a definitive answer on those foods now. I think that's easier than when you only get subtle signs - like the rice I had with lunch seems to be making me tired (?) maybe. I'd rather my body outright reject something so I know going forward that food is NO. I'm much better with NO than with maybe.

Totally! One thing though is that I keep thinking, "well maybe it will be ok next time...or maybe it wasn't really those things"....um no! It's not a coincidence that my body was functioning so well for a whole month and now it's not. So those foods are a big fat NO.

I am doing non gluten grains today. I was going to do gluten free oatmeal for breakfast but honestly I hate oatmeal, I used to just eat it cause it was "healthy", so forget that. I had some white rice. I like to have white rice with take out Indian food or Japanese. I would like to have sushi now and then though so it was worth trying. We'll see how I feel. I'm going to do the rice again for lunch. I was going to have quinoa but I made too much rice and I could take or leave quinoa. Supper will be corn on the cob.

I'm also learning about the cumulative effects of food choices, meal sizes, etc. it is crazy how skipping a meal or eating something that doesn't agree with me can affect me for days....as well as not getting enough sleep. Holy crap. I have been going to bed too late and waking up when my husband goes to work which is early! Yesterday I was so tired all day and on top of the sluggish digestion I just felt like crap. I'm not working right now but I used to be a shift worker. I knew then that my sleep deprivation was affecting me badly but I see now how bad it really was. I really want to make a conscious effort in the future when I am working again to have better sleep habits along with my better eating habits.

My workouts have still been going well. My weight lifting is steadily improving but I feel like my cardio is just ok. I'm doing 2 days of HIIT per week and one day of a steady state core, cardio and balance combo. I push as hard as I can during the cardio, but I am not sure if I'm improving or not. I would like to get back on my road bike and do some cycling for something different, I just can't seem to get the motivation.

I have weighed myself a few times. I am just doing it because the scale is sitting there. I need to just get ride of it again. The number isn't bothering me or anything, but it's just a pointless habit because the more I step on it the more I may start to relate to that number again.

Anyways, will update re: rice and corn today. See how they go.

Well rice and corn seemed to be fine so far. Not totally sure of their affect on my digestion as things are still a bit slow in that department. I imagine they are not going to improve things any so I plan to include them only in moderation if we are out to eat or at someone's house.

Yesterday meals were :

M1: pork sausage, one hb egg with mayo, sautéed broc and asparagus, 1/2c white rice, coffee with cm

M2: ground beef taco meat, leftover veggies, sautéed, roasted and coconut curry, 1/2 c white rice, sauerkraut

M3: chicken wings with franks/coconut oil sauce, grilled veggies, corn on the cob.

Both my husband and I were underwhelmed by eating the rice and corn. My husband thought he would just love the rice as he used to be a side dish fiend before but said he is getting used to the veggies now and really doesn't mind the rotation we've been on since it's pretty good variety. He said he enjoyed the cauliflower "rice" more than the rice. What? Lol. The true test of his transformation will be pasta. He is a sucker for pasta.

My mood has been ok. Definitely had some pms symptoms last week and they were pretty bad. Crying, miserable for a couple days. But I'm feeling better and even though I have my period I'm feeling a lot better in regards to my body image issues. I am happy that I am feeding myself healthy, whole, food and know that it is up to my body now to decide what to do with that. I do exercise I enjoy, I feel strong. I don't need to be a stick figure. That was the previous over exerciser/food obsessed/ eat every 3 hours/low fat/high grains me. My body will change if it wants to and over time and I am ok with that.

We still have, gluten, legumes and alcohol left to test. That brings me right up to the day before I leave in my trip. I don't really care to test legumes but I'm scared they will pop up and want to know how they affect me. i am thinking I will leave alcohol off the list. I want to eat completely whole 30 for at least 3 days before my trip and if I test alcohol that would be the day before I leave. I can test it once I am there, my girlfriend and I can drink wine together, she is still breast feeding, so she won't want to overdo it and I have td her about whole30 so she knows what I've been up to and will help me stay on plan as much as possible.

Looking forward to my compliant days now....no thinking, no over analyzing!! Just living.

Good day yesterday...nothing exciting really. Digestion seems to be getting back to normal with no terrible effects from non-gluten grains. I am really not looking forward to gluten tomorrow. It feels a bit stressful figuring out what to eat and I am just not sure what to expect. I was a former pasta lover. Any pasta. Now the thought of pasta is not really enticing. Maybe some beautiful, fresh made pasta? I don't know. I can't even make my own because I don't even have any flour in our house, and don't intend to go out and buy any. I do have an old loaf of Ezekiel bread in the freezer, a box of pasta in the big box of food I packed away, and some oatmeal. Hmmm. seems like if I'm going to do this it should be something we think we would enjoy? It's just figuring out what that is I guess. #firstworldproblems.

Yesterday's meals were:

M1: pork sausage meat, 2 hb eggs with mayo, big plate of broc sautéed in duck fat, coffee with cm. (duck fat makes everything better :)

PWO: chicken and sweet potato

M2 : chicken breast, sautéed green beans, asparagus and broc and a bit more sweet potato.

M3 : steak, roasted Brussel sprouts, sautéed asparagus, crispy roasted kale in duck fat, some fresh pineapple

I try not to eat fruit at our last meal but I honestly never think about it during the day. My husband loves fruit and always suggests it with supper. I have found that the longer the sugar dragon is starved the better I've become with fruit in the evening. Doesn't seem to trigger anything for me. I do wonder about its effect on my sleep....I had a bit of trouble falling asleep last night but didn't wake up in the night so that's good I guess.

Reintroducing gluten grains today. Really interested to see what this day will look like for me. I had the Ezekiel bread for breakfast. It was fine. I was going to have 2 pieces but could only end up eating one. They are pretty small but I feel like one piece should be enough to show if I will react or not. I was determined to eat all my veggies, and not let the toast push them off my plate. A good rule of thumb to stick by. Not sure what we will have for the other two meals. Will play it by ear I suppose.

Yesterday's meals were:

M1 : hamburger patty, one hard boiled egg with mayo, sautéed broc, coffee with cm

PWO: few bites of chicken breast few bites of sweet potato

M2: steam/sautéed broc, caulk and green beans, ground beef and andouille sausage, sauerkraut

M3 : kahlua pig, roasted veggies, little bit of sweet potato. Mayo for dipping veggies in

I am getting nervous for my trip. I will be on the plane for 24 hours. The good thing is i get on the plane at 7 pm, so I can eat m3 prior to boarding and then should be able to go until morning With out eating again?? I am ordering some paleo snacks today. I am mostly worried about my body's reaction if I eat the plane food, so I am going to try eat my snacks and pick off my plate anything that is semi clean? If that exists. It is a long time on the plane to go without eating and packing that much food could be a challenge. I will pack some hearty veggies, packaged olives and jerky. Just do my best. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be open to them. I'll be on the plane with one stop in LA but I don't think we get off the aircraft -- so it's 23 hours total I believe. Ugh.

Anyways, will update with results of gluten grains reintro later.

So end of day. Gluten is also not my friend. Had a piece of toast for breakfast. Tummy was a tiny bit off after that but not bad. Had a flour tortilla for lunch. A few hours later we were out car shopping (again), had a tummy ache. Kind of a nawing pain that I was getting before whole 30 but didn't know the cause. I guess I know that cause now. And a headache. I did have some pasta for supper because I wanted to seal the deal and remember how not worth it gluten is. I let didn't make me feel much worse but I don't feel much better either. I think gluten also has terrible cumulative effects on me. The stomach ache I had was often followed by a much more severe pain -- almost hospital worthy. So....I'm not so sure I want to chance gluten again. Argh.

I was in such denial about my food sensitivities. I am still surprised that dairy, gluten and soy were such problems. I could have called the gluten for sure, but the other 2 surprised me. Soy being the worst reaction by far. I guess I am happy I now know what my issues were but sad that I'm going to be "that person". Ugh.

I really hope I can continue this style of eating. I am trying to wrap my head around what this means for me. My husband hasn't had any reactions at all but he is completely supportive of eating this way. He said he hasn't enjoyed the foods he's tried as much as he thought he would and won't miss them. So that makes me feel better!

Anyways, meals for today were:

M1: 1 piece toast, 1 hb egg with mayo, kahlua pig, roasted veggies, coffee with cm

M2: ground beef with sautéed cabbage and peppers in a tortilla, with a side of coleslaw.

M3: chicken sausage with peppers and onions and basil/sundried tomato/walnut pesto over 3/4 c pasta and steamed cauliflower.

Still feeling a little rough this morning. Headache is still there but improved. Stomach ache is gone. Just been a little hungover from gluten. My husband said he feels a bit off too. That secretly made me happy. He said you know what I DON'T want for breakfast? Toast. Lol. Me neither!

I am thinking about ditching legume reintro this week and just focussing on clean eating till I leave on Saturday. I don't see legumes as being a problem for me to avoid and I am imagining the problem with them will be gas and bloating. I am tired of trying stuff and feeling like crap! We'll see.

I have started food prep for my husband for whole I'm away. I did kahlua pig and today and tomorrow I'm doing chicken in the crock pot. I'm going to do a huge batch of chocolate chili today and a bunch of chicken legs. The rest of the week I'll make soups and bake a bunch of sweet potatoes. Not as hard as I imagined it would be.

So the rest of the day was crappy. Headache persisted. Stomach ache came back, was gassy bloated, lethargic. Generally gross. The sad thing is I'm still sitting here bagaining with myself. Wondering if it really was gluten that made me feel this way...(just just like I was "wondering" if dairy made me constipated)...Wondering if I can eat it in small amounts...I'm laying here feeling gross and in pain and wondering if I'll ever be able to have a noodle again? Or cookie? That is messed up!

Feeling better this morning. The bloat seems to be gone, headache is gone. Yikes. Back to clean eating now and I'm happy about that. I've relaxed a little with added sugar in sausage, I'll keep an eye on how I'm feeling with that. Still worried about traveling this weekend, not much I can do about it other than to my best.

Need to go grocery shopping today, breakfast was a little on the small side. Probably still met template but smaller than I'm used to.

Meals yesterday were:

M1: scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, onions, peppers, coleslaw, left over pesto sauce, coffee with cm

M2: kahlua pig, sautéed cabbage, carrots onions and peppers

M3: hamburger patty, grilled zucchini and peppers, coleslaw (with mayo as fat source)

I am going to try some heavy cream in my coffee this week and I am going bring a couple cans of coconut milk with me on my trip. Cover my bases in the coffee front. My girlfriend and I love to go for (good) coffee. Here are amazing coffee shops near where she live and that is our thing. I also really like espresso, so I don't even need milk for that. And she has a good espresso machine. So I may not even need the dairy.

So the rest of the day was crappy. Headache persisted. Stomach ache came back, was gassy bloated, lethargic. Generally gross. The sad thing is I'm still sitting here bagaining with myself. Wondering if it really was gluten that made me feel this way...(just just like I was "wondering" if dairy made me constipated)...Wondering if I can eat it in small amounts...I'm laying here feeling gross and in pain and wondering if I'll ever be able to have a noodle again? Or cookie? That is messed up!

So end of day. Gluten is also not my friend.

I was in such denial about my food sensitivities. I am still surprised that dairy, gluten and soy were such problems. I could have called the gluten for sure, but the other 2 surprised me. Soy being the worst reaction by far. I guess I am happy I now know what my issues were but sad that I'm going to be "that person". Ugh.

I really hope I can continue this style of eating. I am trying to wrap my head around what this means for me. My husband hasn't had any reactions at all but he is completely supportive of eating this way. He said he hasn't enjoyed the foods he's tried as much as he thought he would and won't miss them. So that makes me feel better!

soy and dairy seem to be my 2 big offenders too. Gluten too, I'm sure. That test is tomorrow or Wednesday. I already know it gives me heartburn when I haven't been eating clean so I suspect the reactions will be even worse now.  I totally understand not wanting to be "that person" forever - I don't want to be either. The good news is it only applies when you eat out, and only those times you just don't want to deal with asking all the questions/doing all the prep work. You now know what price you'll pay so you can decide if, on occasion, its worth it to you to just eat whatever, no matter the ingredients.

And yes (!), the hoops our brains go through to try and disprove the evidence we just experienced with our own eyes...it's amazing.  Dairy not only screwed up my digestion but I'm noticing a shift in energy and mood over the last 2 days - it makes me feel hormonal!  My brain is currently trying to convince me the dairy had NOTHING to do with it, but I know it does.

Just know you're not the only one going through this.  Part of me has envy for people that find no reaction to these foods - then again look at them in 2-3 months and they'll be right back to their old ways.  Or back on another whole 30. :D  You and I, we have incentive to do right by our bodies - even if it is only MOST of the time.

Have a great trip!

I was reading your posts about your flight -- you could call your air carrier and request a special diet meal(s) for while you are in flight. I know most air carriers will at least do kosher and vegetarian, and with so many people being gluten free now, you might be able to get a gluten free meal. Doesn't hurt to call and ask! Have fun on your trip!

I was reading your posts about your flight -- you could call your air carrier and request a special diet meal(s) for while you are in flight. I know most air carriers will at least do kosher and vegetarian, and with so many people being gluten free now, you might be able to get a gluten free meal. Doesn't hurt to call and ask! Have fun on your trip!

Thanks spin! I went online and was able to put in a request for a gluten free meal it was super easy. I also picked up a bunch of snacks today to have on hand if the meal is really nasty so I'm feeling a lot better about the whole situation.

Thanks JenX. Really. That made me feel better. It is nice to be reminded I'm not alone in this. Haha, this forum and whole30 itself may not exist if no one else had problems with these foods! I was having a little pity party over here for a while but I'm gonna get over it! Lol. My mood has been wonky too! Feeling short tempered a lot more this past week. I hate that.

Now I just need to find my way of doing things. I'm going to try riding my own bike, eating whole30 style as much as possible. Avoiding gluten but not worrying about cross contamination etc for now. Figuring out if and when dairy is really worth it.

sorry to hop on your thread - but had to share that soy does a number on me too !  I have not had any soy since Sept  and a few weeks ago went to a restaurant that served a sauce that had it in it..oh  my   goodness - my stomach did not forgive me for days !

sorry to hop on your thread - but had to share that soy does a number on me too ! I have not had any soy since Sept and a few weeks ago went to a restaurant that served a sauce that had it in it..oh my goodness - my stomach did not forgive me for days !

It's just amazing isn't it?! I didn't think I was a big soy consumer. I actually try to stay away from it. Would have edamame occasionally at a sushi restaurant and used soy sauce a bit, but now I know it is hidden in everything! Yuck!

Hoping today is a better day. I felt ok for most of the day yesterday. In the late afternoon I got tired again and had a bit of joint pain?!? That is a new one. My knees were achy. I am thinking it was either coincidence or still the gluten in the system. Man, these side effects are terrible. The only other thing I have had is some added sugar in some sausage I bought and maple brined bacon that was otherwise all natural so I'm not sure it would be those things. Now that I'm thinking about it I did have one of those nuun tablets in my water yesterday. My husband uses them occasionally as he works outside in the heat and drinks a ton of water. I saw them sitting there and wanted to try it - for no good reason really. It was gross. But I drank it anyways....maybe it was that. I don't know

I also have not been getting enough sleep. I have been going to bed ok but then reading or staying in the computer once in bed. Bad bad bad. My husband gets up around 5:15 for work. I can sometimes go back to sleep but not usually. So have only been getting about 6 hrs. Not good enough as I really do have control over this and can do better.

Yesterday's meals were:

M1: 2hb eggs with mayo, small hamburger patty, coleslaw, leftover zucc and peppers. Coffee with cm.

PWO canned salmon and baked sweet potato ( was out of tuna and chicken)

M2: chicken thigh, half a large chicken breast, steamed broc

M3: chicken again, asparagus sautéed in lots of duck fat, sautéed broccoli.

I am also going to try cutting out eggs for a while. My eczema is sticking around despite the whole30 and although it's not wildly flaring it's not healing and it's like I'm in the verge of a flare all the time. I don't rely on eggs for protein so it really shouldn't bother me to try not eating them.

Archived