yummy breakfast this morning...

jillian

Roasted diced butternut squash in the oven (only used about a quarter cup in my breakfast - and put the rest in tupperware for later). Sauteed some diced peppers and onions in coconut oil. Scrambled 3 eggs with some ground cumin and chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mashed a half an avocado with some lime juice, salt and pepper. Put it all together, topped with some shredded baby lettuce - quite a yummy breakfast this morning. Thought I'd share...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Wondrous help for the Whole30 trip: Slice into rounds and roast one eggplant and one or two zucchini. Drizzle olive oil and a little salt on top; herbs (basil, marjoram, thyme) are good too. Bake in oven at 375 for about 20 minutes. If eggplant gets too soft, it will shrivel down to nothing. (Although very good for making baba ghanouj.) I keep this in a container in my fridge and then top with tahini sauce (Trader Joe's has a great one with compliant ingredients) when I want a good snack. It also makes a great breakfast and is easy to eat on the go: add sliced turkey (if you look, you can get kinds with no added sugar or honey), olives, sliced tomato, avocado, or any combination of above. This is great for breakfast on a day when you don't have time to cook, or can't stand the sight of eggs anymore. Also works as a light meal on a hot day, or any time at all. 

Personally, I have found olives to be so inviting on Whole30--providing robust flavor and making a meal or a snack come alive. Because of their strong flavor, I tend to have an automatic limit on how much I eat. And I always have some in my fridge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/4/2012 at 8:01 PM, jillian said:

Roasted diced butternut squash in the oven (only used about a quarter cup in my breakfast - and put the rest in tupperware for later). Sauteed some diced peppers and onions in coconut oil. Scrambled 3 eggs with some ground cumin and chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mashed a half an avocado with some lime juice, salt and pepper. Put it all together, topped with some shredded baby lettuce - quite a yummy breakfast this morning. Thought I'd share...

Thanks for sharing, sounds yummy.

Archived