Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

This is for those who've completed one compliant Whole 30...100%.  No SWYPO's and cooking is required.   Please bring your own personality and groceries.  No artificial flavorings or additives.   Authentic, genuine and honest ingredients are a must.   Reintroductions will be promoted for a smooth seamless transition after a Whole 30 days.   Helpful recipes will be welcomed.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Whole 30 that is a complete success includes the consumption of biologically high-quality protein.  This avoids the significant loss of the body's own protein that happens during any other radical diet.  A Whole 30 prevents the depletion of the body - especially of muscle mass.

Muscle mass preserves the well-being and performance better than any drastic calorie reduction.  A Whole 30 positively influences the feeling of satiety.  This is a necessary prerequisite for completing a compliant Whole 30 without complaint.  

If you are constantly hungry, you may cave in and give up.   Bone Broth is a food with high volume nutrition and leads to great feeling of satiety, too.  Enjoy it slowly...sip by sip.

Consume bioactive phytochemicals.  Consuming sufficient plant nutrients is also important to ensure an optimal metabolism.   Whole 30 recommends 9 cups of cooked vegetables a day to keep your metabolism roaring.

Only a well-functioning gut guarantees an optimal Whole 30.  To support the intestinal flora, some take probiotics that contain a mixture to get enough nutrients from their food. 

A Whole 30 has enough potassium.  A balanced acid-base level is a prerequisite for a well-functioning metabolism.  During a Whole 30, you don't have to worry about a slower metabolism like what happens on a diet of over-restriction.  Diets always result in a slower metabolism.

Minerals are important for the acid-base balance in the human organism.  Potassium is the counterpart to sodium and ensures that the fluids are properly flushed from the tissues.  You don't have to worry about any of that on a Whole 30.  Everything has been figured out for you.

Hello Georgia.  You don't mind if I call you Miss Scarlett, do you?   Now Miss Scarlett had WANT POWER.

WANT POWER trumps will power.   She had more mojo and moxey than most.  She never gave up and WOW, she knew how to quit sugar, smoking and drinking too much hooch booch. 

So glad to have you on board, Georgia.  Moxey is getting the confidence up to do anything.  I think you have that.  

SpinSpin.  Something tells me you've been to Culinary School and you could teach me a thing or two about cooking.  Am I not right?   Yes, I had a waft of good cooking come through my open window.  It was so delicious.   I believe that it's possible to kick T1 and T2 to the curb.   We're not in Kansas anymore.  We're in the land where dreams really do come true.   I believe in miracles.

• Moderators

Hi my name is SugarcubeOD and well... I like sugar :) (more specifically, ice cream)

I will Whole30 with you folks up until a planned vacation on September 14 (26 days) if you don't mind... then I'll disappear for a week!

I've completed numerous (I think the last one was 8) Whole30/45/60 and 80's... so i think I qualify for the group :)

My own personal additions to this Whole30 are that I will not be consuming potatoes. FWB... so sad :(

• Moderators

Dried fruits are fantastic.  Dates, plums, apricots, figs, cherries, blueberries, cranberries.  They're just too easy to eat with reckless abandon.   In my case, quite explosively.  big-grin2-smiley-face.gif?1302011312

So we're at no potatoes and no dried fruits so far... anyone else with a personal FWB that we need to help encourage?

Welp.  You're in good company because a couple  of others here limit our white potato and dried fruit consumption, too.   The sweet potatoes are still a favorite.

The question has been answered before...people with carb addictions have a tendency for other addictions, too.  Too many potato chips, falling back into bowls of pasta, pizza and bread can lead to the brain trying to create some replacements.

I've been working on getting addicted to good things like healthy food and exercise on my own terms.  I'm headed out for the ridge.  Time to eat a frog, get the biggest challenge of the day done before the sun goes down.  It takes me a couple of hours.

Ooooo,  I'm so glad to hear you say that, Kruddock.  Those paleo snacks are SWYPO's that get you nowhere good.  Highly engineered to be craved.   I'm heading out the door.  I have a ridge to hike with my lil dog Sophia.  We'll be keeping our eyes open for grizzlies.   They're down into the bottoms working the gooseberries.   I have my bear spray and brave dog.   But I'll beeeee baaaaaack. 

Meadow --- yes, siree bob! I do have a culinary degree --- got it back in 98! I attended a school in Portland OR and at the time, it was the only school in the nation that would give credit for 2 years of culinary school for a year completed. It was pretty intense, but it was a BLAST! I learned so much there too-- 

What put the bug in my ear to go to culinary school was working at a cafe/bookstore in a little town in Oregon. I was the baker there for 2.5 years before I went to culinary school. 5 mornings a week, I would go in and bake cinnamon rolls, 3 kinds of muffins, lemon blueberry was a daily staple, a bran muffin of some sort and a muffin of the day, that was my choice, scones, coffee cakes, cookies and biscotti. I would double what I made on the weekends, and triple during the summer. Besides cinnamon rolls, I would do pecan rolls, orange coconut rolls and fruit and nut rolls. During the holidays, I would do various holiday favorites -- hot cross buns for Easter, gingerbread and Swedish tea rings and Stollen at Christmas and pies, lots and lots of pies. The boss had a policy that was very similar to what Hershey's has -- I could eat all of the day old baked goods I wanted -- Hershey's lets their employees eat as much chocolate as they can stand until the point that they go ICK!!!!! and won't touch a thing they make. Yep, same thing happened to me. Just couldn't take another bite, the idea of it would just make me sick. It took maybe a couple of months, and the idea of another muffin just made me ill. Loved to bake, just didn't want to eat another anything. Same thing happened with cream puffs at school -- we had to make pate' choux in bakeshop and made cream puffs and eclairs for the school lunches, and to this day, I can't even LOOK at a cream puff or eclair without getting sick. (lost quite a bit of weight too)

But I LURVE to cook -- I never get a night off, because hubby says that I cook better than any of the restaurants we have around town! Black box was always my best 'event' at school -- think Chopped on Food Network -- because I can look in the cupboards, the fridge and freezer and come up with some pretty spectacular meals (if I do say so myself) Hubby swears the best meals I make are when we are low on groceries. 

Sugarcube-- I can't do white potatoes either, they send my blood sugars on a rocket ride -- sweeties are better for me. Not much in the way of dried fruits either, and if I do, it is a sprinkling in a salad with plenty of fat and protein to combat the sugars. 

So what did y'all have for dinner? We had taco salads. I use the Plantain Nacho meat recipe from WellFed 2 on top of a big bowl of lettuce and then top all of that with lots of chopped veggies. And then a big ole dollop of avocado lime mayo. I haven't missed sour cream and cheese one bit since discovering that mayo. Yum!

So what did y'all have for dinner? We had taco salads. I use the Plantain Nacho meat recipe from WellFed 2 on top of a big bowl of lettuce and then top all of that with lots of chopped veggies. And then a big ole dollop of avocado lime mayo. I haven't missed sour cream and cheese one bit since discovering that mayo. Yum!

That sounds so tasty.  I'm fixing supper right now.  I think I'll have that tomorrow.  Good one!  I use nuts for hood ornaments and dried fruits for decorations.  No need to get carried away with either one of them. I think I'll decorate my Christmas tree with dates, cashews, nut butters and larabars.come-and-get-it-smiley.gif?1292867573

That sounds so tasty. I'm fixing supper right now. I think I'll have that tomorrow. Good one! I use nuts for hood ornaments and dried fruits for decorations. No need to get carried away with either one of them. I think I'll decorate my Christmas tree with dates, cashews, nut butters and larabars.

It's pretty yummy. That recipe sold the hubs on the W30.

Well that would be a flashy Christmas tree. Just make sure the squirrels don't get in the house or you might end up in a redo of "Christmas Vacation". ;)

It's pretty yummy. That recipe sold the hubs on the W30.

Well that would be a flashy Christmas tree. Just make sure the squirrels don't get in the house or you might end up in a redo of "Christmas Vacation". ;)

Have I ever told you about the squirrels, Georgia?  Let me tell you how it all went down.  My sister had a pet squirrel named Peanut, very original, that she coaxed into the house through the screen door early one morning.  Peanut brought all of his buds with him and they were swinging from the curtains and running along the backside of the couch.  Maw was hollaring her head off and trying to sweep them out with the broom.   My sisters and I were sitting on the couch watching Captain Kangaroo with Mr. Green Jeans.  The squirrels were frantically running around and Maw was crying. We were laughing our heads off and my sister was busy feeding them peanuts. What a frenzied mess.

Maw is brave. She also used a broom to sweep a grizzly bear off of our porch.  She dislocated her shoulder that time.  She's fearless that way.   group-hug2-smiley.gif?1292867610

LOL! I can just picture that. I bet your Maw was pretty upset. Poor thing.

Maw is a strong woman. Bear thinks she's the best woman he's ever met in his life.  He always says...why can't you be more like your mother.  gts2-smiley.gif?1292867611 Needless to say, they gang up on me.  She loves the attention.  He says shes sweeter and kinder than his own mother.  We all share a strong bond with Maw.  She's the glue.  I'm grateful for every day I have with her.

My mom is too. Sweet as sugar sometimes so much she lets people run over her. We have to protect her some. Me. Not so much. She tried to teach me how to be a lady but it didn't take. I'm the tomboy, black sheep, independent, opinionated one in the family.

Archived