Can I have Trader Joes Real Mayonnaise?

cbeatty

• Moderators

Here's what the Can I Have list says about canola oil:

Canola Oil: Yes, reluctantly (because sometimes, you have to dine out)

While we don’t think vegetable oils are a healthy choice (understatement of the century), we don’t expressly rule them out on the Whole30. If we did, you’d never be able to eat outside of your own kitchen, because all restaurants use them in cooking. We wanted to create the healthiest program possible, but we also need it to be do-able for those who travel for business or pleasure, or simply want to dine out during the month.

Tip: Eliminate the consumption of vegetable oils at home, even if you’re not on the Whole30, and make sure the rest of your diet is focused on the most nutritious choices possible, especially if you dine out frequently.

Should you decide to make your own mayo instead, I like this method -- no waiting for stuff to come to room temperature or drizzling oil slowly, just dump it all in a jar and blend.

Here are the ingredients:

Expeller pressed canola oil, whole eggs, apple cider vinegar, egg yolks, water, salt, spices, lemon juice concentrate.

Hi cbeatty,

My husband and I started 10 days ago (I can't believe it's 10 days already) and last night I MADE MY FIRST MAYONNAISE.  It took less than five min (including gettng all my ingredients prepared) OMG!!  I will never buy it again.  If you have an immersion blender it is more than simple.  I was nervous and worried about wasting the ingredients...but VOILA!!! it is sooooooooooooooo delicious and nutritious too.  Like Mikie:  Try it, you'll like it.  No, you will love it.

Hi cbeatty,

My husband and I started 10 days ago (I can't believe it's 10 days already) and last night I MADE MY FIRST MAYONNAISE.  It took less than five min (including gettng all my ingredients prepared) OMG!!  I will never buy it again.  If you have an immersion blender it is more than simple.  I was nervous and worried about wasting the ingredients...but VOILA!!! it is sooooooooooooooo delicious and nutritious too.  Like Mikie:  Try it, you'll like it.  No, you will love it.

I second that... I'll never buy it again, but I never liked it to begin with... Now, I can spice it however I want and it's always fresh, not sitting in plastic on a warehouse shelf for 2 years

I second that... I'll never buy it again, but I never liked it to begin with... Now, I can spice it however I want and it's always fresh, not sitting in plastic on a warehouse shelf for 2 years

I made burgers tonight and took 2 tsp of mayo (my mayo :)) and added some tomato paste and voila....russian dressing.  It was delish.

I agree, making your own mayo is super easy and way cheaper than buying it from TJs. I add garlic to mine and add it to just about every sandwich I make :)

We're talking non bread (Paleo or otherwise) sandwiches here though, right?  ;)

• 1 year later...

Archived