Taming a literal SUGAR DRAGON from a young age...

misskay

When we saw this at our local grocery store checkout, we just HAD to share with the forum.

(Wish there was a section just for Whole30 humor!)

But sadly, in the end it isn't funny that a lot of these bad habits start young and as a parent, it takes a lot of teaching and avoiding things like this:

post-76183-0-20831200-1440971544_thumb.j

Crack at the coffee shop.  There is a humor section.  The crazy things people say.  You're correct, this really isn't funny but SAD.

I saw a darling little two year old at the store yesterday.  She ran to the middle of the aisle where there was a display of candy corn for Halloween.  She grabbed a bag and her mother put it back. She screamed and threw herself on the floor.  She was sooo cute but she wanted that candy.  With her little dolly, there she was pitching a ring-tailed fit.  It's not her fault.  The heart wants what it wants.   Candy is like crack to her and she might have to fight that dragon for the rest of her childhood and adulthood.  

It seems to be the "thing" now to give away food (bribes) to kiddies at the grocery store. Definitely sad that this one gives away cheap, sugary, lumps of wheat.

But I will say it was wonderful to see that in our local Whole Foods they have a food club for kids and they get to have their pick of fresh fruits.

It's a step in the right direction anyway...

When I was little, I liked going to grocery store because kids got free cookies.  At the restaurant Eat'n Park, kids under 12 would get a free smiley cookie (I even scored one when I was a teenager!).  And every-other Sunday at church was doughnut day.

Ah, childhood ~memories~.

Archived