Day 30...the story & the stats

Derval

I am so proud of myself for doing this :) I feel great and have noticed lots of small changes in my change from a primal diet to W30. My facial lines seem lessened...or maybe I'm just frowning less :) When I brush my teeth there is no longer any bleeding. I no longer run to the kettle (for a cup of instant coffee!) and the chcolate cupboard (even if it was only 20g of 70-85%) when the kids are bugging me. And I haven't had a hangover in a month (I have found the cleaner my diet has become the worse alcohol effects me)

I did all my measurements this morning and I can happily report the following

weight 125>120.6 lbs (new bmi 21.4, I'm 5'3)

Body Fat > -2%

Bust - down 1inch

Belly - down 1 inch

Hips - down three quarters inch

I started my weight loss & fitness journey back in the summer of 09 and I have come a long way baby. But I know going fwd that the paleo life is the one for me.

163lbs.jpgade91ab4.jpg

Wow, DervalC, great going! Your W30 was a fantastic success-great stats and brilliant to hear the positive changes re coffee and chocolate too.

The 2009 to 2012 transformation is amazing. You look so lean and fit-and happy, now.

Congratulations!

• Moderators

Wow. Your stats for the past 30 days are really impressive considering how far you've already come. The early losses are relatively easy, but the losses near your ideal weight (like you are now) often come quite slowly. Congrats!

Thanks guys, especially you tom! Yes I did wonder would I lose anything as I made smaller, than some people, changes to my diet. I also know how long it took me to get from 131 to 125! And I thought that might be my "set point". We'll see if I maintain this weight while happily riding my own bike around Dublin :) But the scales & tape are going back in to storage for another month.

Wow, you have made great changes. Awesome photos, too.

I like the idea that maybe you are frowning less. I feel like I am generally happier now at the close of my Whole 30, too. (Day 29 today)

Thanks for all your positive comments along the way--it has meant a lot. You are one generous lady!

Your thinner self looks like the daughter of your thicker self! You are an inspiration to us all! I'm on day 27, but I keep telling myself that even if the scale doesn't reflect a different number, at least I feel different.

So what's next? Will you be doing another 30 days in the future?

Thanks Tija! Plan is to continue as I am, I will allow myself occasional wine,cheese, dark chocolate, but not on a weekly or daily basis. I think what I want to do is stay W30 90-99% of the time and not re-introduce anything as part of my regular diet.

I have just started with EPLifefit so looking fwd to a new exercise regime too.

Dervalc - awesome pics! Nice progress! I think you & I were on the same timeline for our Whole30, I just did my analysis last night. Like you, my plan is to stay really close to W30 most of the time. As of right now, I have no inclination to add anything like dairy or grains back in. Most likely that will change at some point, but right now I'll just stick to what I've been doing for the last 30 days.

Congrats on your success, you look great!

Archived