Compliant lemon pepper?

Tinareads

Has anyone found a compliant lemon pepper?  Every one that I pick up seems to have sugar in it.  

Do you have a Trader Joe's near you?  Check their Lemon Pepper. I've had mine from them for a while, and the ingredients of the version I have are compliant.

What do you use it for?

I love mine on steamed broccoli, along with some EVOO.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks easy to make: http://wellnessmama.com/4538/lemon-pepper-recipe/

What do you use it for?

I make a lemon pepper chicken recipe that I just love.  I take skinless chicken breast (usually with the bones--don't know why but it tastes better than the boneless).  Sprinkle liberally with fresh lemon juice.  Then sprinkle with seasoned salt (I like Trocomar), lots of lemon pepper, paprika, and chopped chives. (I'm sprinkle pretty heavily with all the seasonings, but I like spice.)  Stick it in the oven (or if you don't mind using a microwave, cover and put in the microwave).  Cook until done.  That's it!  I almost always serve this with asparagus or broccoli because the juices in the pan tastes so good on it.  

• 1 year later...

I just noticed that the Lawry's lemon pepper seasoning I sprinkled on the chicken breasts I'm sautéing has modified food starch ( 3rd listed) and sugar (7th listed) as ingredients. Stupid me that I never thought to read the ingredients in a seasoning! But does that mean I have to go back to day 1 now? (I'm on day 5). I do want to get the most from this program, but I so hate to do things over.

Not sure which button to click to reply to a specific person when there are several responding to me, but this is for ladyshanny. Thank you. I read your article and it makes perfect sense. I'm deciding not to go back to day 1 ( it was 1/4 tsp per 1/4 pound of meat, and I"m pretty sure it won't send me into any kind of spiral). I am, however, going to do an extra 5 days at the end of the month.

Technically you have to start over, but if you don't start over and there were a few hiccups like that, you'll ultimately still have great results and besides, you may wind up finding yourself more committed to reading your labels later on down the road.

I made a few slips here and there but in my mind, I know I've treated my body well so I'm at day 27 as for as I'm concerned.

In 27 days, I can count my slip ups off my fingers:

1.  (2) instances of using vanilla extract which had trace amounts of alcohol in it.

2. (2) instances where I had a pickled herring craving; read the label after the fact and found out it had less than 0.5g of sugar per serving

3. (1) instance where I had bacon where there was a tiny trace of sugar in the ingredient (less than 0.5g/serving).

So, if I'm labeled as a "fake whole30" person, that doesn't bother me when I see that after 30 days:

1. I've run a half marathon

2. I have no more knee pains (my left knee had been diagnosed with osteoarthritis)

3. I'm training for a marathon in July

4. Lost 15 lbs. and lost 4 inches off my waist.

5. I am committed permanently to the Whole30 for my breakfasts, snacks and lunches, AND

6. I read all ingredients very carefully prior to purchasing them.

Archived